Gome Home Factor- Pavlich?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hugshawks

All Australian
Sep 18, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The boy's a SA boy; and as much as I doubt him moving within the next 3 years, has anyone heard much about this?

Couldn't imagine him leaving with Fremantle in regular finals contention, but if they began to struggle, then perhaps.

wizard_9 said:
Good god would you people give this topic a rest.

Just for the record the way thigns are going we are closer to a premiership than Adelaide are.

Sure you are :rolleyes:

Freo still have too many gumby types, who lack composure under real pressure. If Pav stays with Freo just because they finished top 4 this year, then he's fooling himself.

Truck Rutten said:

Freo still have too many gumby types, who lack composure under real pressure. If Pav stays with Freo just because they finished top 4 this year, then he's fooling himself.

Sorry to break the news to you, Adelaide's premiership window has almost shut and Freo have a good 3 or 4 years left to give it a tilt. There isnt one star player under the age of 24 on the adelaide list. I expect the crows to finish 6th-8th next year.

Truck Rutten said:

Maybe you missed it yesterday when a few Crows seemed to panic when they were in the clear. Scott Stevens comes to mind and I believe Van Berlo was another in the last quarter.

Captain Wacky said:
They really are.

What a load of crap.

How about waiting until Freo play consistently well over the course of a season before people shoot their loads about them being a powerhouse of the competition. Look at their percentage for god's sake. It's terrible for a team that finished in the top 4. Yes they played some really good footy in the last 9 weeks of the season, but it's far too early to know for sure if they've truly turned the corner or not.

He has always said he wants to return home at some stage.
He turns 25 at the end of 2007 and that is when his contract ends.

I fully expect him to sign for another 3 years so that would ensure he remained at freo at least untill he is 28.
There is a chance he may return home then to play out the rest of his career.

Definitely cant see him moving home end of next year, freo are embarking on their "flag run", a window of roughly three years I reckon. With the crows perhaps missing their opportunity and the power with a few years of rebuilding ahead of them.
Reasons for Pavlich returning home soon seem weak, specially considering I believe he has a WA girlfriend (what the missus wants goes).

sabre_ac said:

I fully expect him to sign for another 3 years so that would ensure he remained at freo at least untill he is 28.

Definitely cant see him moving home end of next year, freo are embarking on their "flag run", a window of roughly three years I reckon. With the crows perhaps missing their opportunity and the power with a few years of rebuilding ahead of them.
Reasons for Pavlich returning home soon seem weak, specially considering I believe he has a WA girlfriend (what the missus wants goes).

That last comment is delusional. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sabre_ac said:
Freo being a chance of getting a flag in the next few years?

That is delusional. :)

swanfan said:

That is delusional. :)

Missus has massive influence over their football boyfriends/husband.

Black is a prime example, moved back to melbourne because he wanted to play at home. But had to come back because his missus missed her home state.
Headland came back for his missus as well

The missus factor is huge, make no mistake about it.

Apart from the fact that he doesn't seem to want to go home (which being originally from Adeliade I can understand), can you imagine the trade that a SA club would need to cough up. Something along the lines of;

• Pick 1&2 plus the Birdman/Goodwin I would suggest.

Not going to happen. Without the number 1 pick in the PSD, and him actively wanting to go home, you can't have him.

theGav56 said:
Apart from the fact that he doesn't seem to want to go home (which being originally from Adeliade I can understand), can you imagine the trade that a SA club would need to cough up. Something along the lines of;

• Pick 1&2 plus the Birdman/Goodwin I would suggest.

Not going to happen. Without the number 1 pick in the PSD, and him actively wanting to go home, you can't have him.

Shouldn't you be, playing with your anchor ?. Adelaide. Never obviously seen a map of Australia ?

sabre_ac said:

Black is a prime example, moved back to melbourne because he wanted to play at home. But had to come back because his missus missed her home state.

Unfortunately, I think money would override what a woman has to say, sorry ladies. That is what these forums are about. Everybody having a different opinion and being able to discuss and disagree rationally. :)

swanfan said:
Unfortunately, I think money would override what a woman has to say, sorry ladies. That is what these forums are about. Everybody having a different opinion and being able to discuss and disagree rationally. :)

I think your wet dreaming about Pav here.

99 times out of a 100 a man would choose a woman before money. If he was the 1 out of 100, Freo would match every dollar you could throw in ALSO hes eligible for our Vets list from 2010 so in the third year we could backend his deal and not even have a prob with our salary cap whereas it would cripple you guys.

Secondly Pav will more than likely be offered the captaincy next year, more likely now Belly has hinted he'd perfer to play out his last few years without the captaincy. Pav wont screw Freo over, he'll want us be adequately compensated and Port will be in there if only to screw you!! So how will you provide adequate picks ?? Realistically you are not likely to get a wooden spoon anytime soon and if you were he'd stay with us.

So whilst Pav may well want to go home at some stage, given our success this year he'll more than likely wait til 2010 when hes 28 going 29 and play out his last couple of years. 2007 may well be his last contract, shoulders and his on-field attention and the fact being a KPP and the travelling they do retire younger than normal.

I read an article earlier in the year and judging by that Pav will never play for Port

his hatred for Port seems to be ingrained

sabre_ac said:

I am sure the crows could throw in a women as part of the deal!!

If freo dont back up this years performance again next year I wouldn't be suprised to see him jump ship. Although he does have business interests in perth now.

sabre_ac said:

Bing Bong!:thumbsu:

Fremantle should be right up there in the next few years, so I wouldn't see him leaving in that period. Plus he is signed on to 2007.

But after that, I think Pavlich would want to come home for the last few years of his career. Maybe even after (or if) they win a Premiership?
Time will tell.

Freo Shark said:
I think your wet dreaming about Pav here.

99 times out of a 100 a man would choose a woman before money. If he was the 1 out of 100, Freo would match every dollar you could throw in ALSO hes eligible for our Vets list from 2010 so in the third year we could backend his deal and not even have a prob with our salary cap whereas it would cripple you guys.

Secondly Pav will more than likely be offered the captaincy next year, more likely now Belly has hinted he'd perfer to play out his last few years without the captaincy. Pav wont screw Freo over, he'll want us be adequately compensated and Port will be in there if only to screw you!! So how will you provide adequate picks ?? Realistically you are not likely to get a wooden spoon anytime soon and if you were he'd stay with us.

So whilst Pav may well want to go home at some stage, given our success this year he'll more than likely wait til 2010 when hes 28 going 29 and play out his last couple of years. 2007 may well be his last contract, shoulders and his on-field attention and the fact being a KPP and the travelling they do retire younger than normal.

It's amazing to think that Pavlich will be a veteran in 3 years time. Wow, times go fast don't they. I still think of him as a youngster.

swanfan said:
Adelaide. Never obviously seen a map of Australia ?
I know where it is. I just never want to go there again.

The 'missus' becomes hugely important if they have a baby. She won't leave home because she has family support, player won't leave the state even if the relationship fails because he wants to be near the kid.

All Freo need to arrange is for Pav to get her up the duff!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back