good cattle, poor cattle, terible cattle

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by cairo tiger
memo kretchy

he was all australian because he was a ****en goalkeeper!!!!! He was a good keeper tats all he played. he may have been selected on the basis of a good year but nick daffy had a good year and his contract went up to 350,000 and he played ****e....

also b and fairests are club assessments on club issues of toughness gives his all etc

You have your head up your arse. All Australian and playing in the IR team are 2 different things you moron. 4 Western Bulldogs (right players for the game) players in the IR team should show that up. How many of the Brownlow medalists played in the IR team this year?

So far, you have not given anything thats been close to right. You've bagged an All australian player, and a Best and fairest without anything to back it up, apart from your opinion. The facts are, he's still one of the most reliable players in the team. A goodmark and a decent kick.

No wonder no one on these boards like you, you are a first class d1ckhead.

LC_15

Originally posted by kretchy
All-Australian side from 2000.

B: D. Hardwick, D. Fletcher, A. Kellaway
HB: A. McKay, D. Gaspar, S. Goodwin.
C: S. West, B. Ratten, S. Camporeale.
HF: A. McLeod. W. Carey (capt.), J. Hird.
F: J. Farmer, M. Lloyd, M. O’Loughlin.
Foll: S. King, A. Koutoufides, N. Buckley.
Inter: L. Whitnall, B. Harvey, M. Ricciuto, B. Johnson.
Coach: K. Sheedy.
Umpire: B. Allen.
and here he is having a go at posters who have been on here 5 mins:rolleyes:

It's good to discuss our list - and Cairo, if you hadn't have been so absorbed in your own thoughts, you would have realised that nobody is happy with the list. That's if you'd bothered to read previous posts.

We know we need to get rid of many players - bloody old news kiddo - it's no revelation. And try and cut the insulting touch of trying to "hammer it into our heads" please.

Have your thoughts - which we all agree with, the list is no good - or it wasn't until we got rid of quite a few this last month - but respect others if they disagree with what you say please.

ok it is getting personal again...i put up a thread and question our list and I say quite clearly that it will take 3 years to turn it over. A kellawaywould not get a game at brisbane or collingwood or anytop 4 team because he is skill defiecient anyon ethat has seen a game over the last 5 years knows that..... I am castrated for it. It is my opinion i am entitled to it. He has been a good handy player. He was all australian on the strength of one good year and now gets picked for ir team cause he can play defence. If you want to call me a ******** or a moron go ahead. I am the only one with guts enough to put up threads like this and follow through with my comments because i want priemerships ands to build towards that.. I do not call you guys ********s but i am starting to think so. Take my argumenets as that do not attck me as a loyal platinum memeber.

Its my point of view and i am entitled to that.

You certainly are....... but like all views and opinions they have the right to be challenged and tested.

A kellawaywould not get a game at brisbane or collingwood or anytop 4 team

Maybe he would maybe he wouldn't, however the point is WHO would we replace him with?????????????????

You constantly advocate delisting the Bowden's, Kellaways but you don't offer any sugguestions for replacements etc..

This therefore generally makes most of your arguments baseless.

I haven't been posting here long but most people here are putting up well thought posts which provide real food for thought, not just: "bowden is soft", "kellaway can't kick", "delist 20 players", "frawley should be sacked"

For a self proclaimed "loyal platinum member" you really appear to have no clue.

p.s Kellaway came 10th in the league for marks this season not bad for such a hack

why do i have to keep repeating myself.
any richmond supporter will tell you
1. bowden is soft
2. There are better coaches than danny around but lets give him one more try. he and Miller have tried to surround danny with good coaching staff good move to try and get TD
3. D. kellaway cannot kick he will tell you that and so will the other blokes in the team
4. never said A kellaway was a hack said he would not take us to another level. hes been loyal and handy. Yes can mark but we need more than that, he falls over and has not the skill to be a key position player.
5. we have to turn the list over 3 years and we have started to.

cant you people read? If you cant go to kindgergarten again!
Why am l arguing with you guys we are all tiger supporters have the guts to back up your arguments and read what i say nd not attach me because maybe waht i say you may just agree with

MY POST STARTED WITH WE HAVE NOT GOT THE CATTLE....that is my argument. i want priemierships not poor cattle.

I am the only one with guts enough to put up threads like this and follow through with my comments because i want priemerships ands to build towards that.. I do not call you guys ********s but i am starting to think so. Take my argumenets as that do not attck me as a loyal platinum memeber.

I think this is the problem - you are full of steam and huff and puff. Your claims of being the only person to put up such threads is pretty hollow to all of us who have been posting here for a while.

Yes you are entitled to your opinions but this site did not start the day you joined - don't criticise people on the strength of you being the only person with the "guts" to make comments, we have seen it all before.

I think everyone could argue over one or two of the poor cattle on Cairo's list being good cattle and vice versa. The key thing is that Cairo has only listed two as tc - Houlihan and Pettifer - and probably wont get much argument on those two. A month ago we probably had 6 or 7 tc but have sent 4 or 5 to the football abatoirs. As Cairo said, we have started to turn the list over.

Where will we improve? We have to pick up 9 or 10 new players in the drafts, plus up to 4 rookies. Chances are that some of those we pick up will be tc as well (eg there will probably be the odd punt on a player, like Sipthorp last year), some will be filling a gap for a couple of years (recycled players) and hopefully at least 3 or 4 (preferably 10) that will go on to be good cattle.

There will also be a few more to turn over next year. Rogers and D Kellaway will almost certainly retire and I think a few others such as Houlihan, Pettifer, Hilton etc might be playing for their careers next year if they don't find a bit of improvement from somewhere.

I also think some of our players have a fair bit of improvement in them over last year. From that point of view, if we can improve our team structure as well as our depth, I think a few players like Bowden and Fiora would benefit.

Here we go again

pirate i have spoken at length about our positives (coghlan etc) but you have been here 5 minutes
Spoken at lengths? Riiight I must have blinked and missed it. Why are you going on about pirate being here for 5 minutes when you've only been here for 10?

OUr cattle is not good froars we have 16-17 good cattle do i have to repeat myself? It will take us 3 years to trun that cattle over
No **** Sherlock! How long did it take you to work that one out?

It is my opinion i am entitled to it.
Of course you are but you don't seem to think anybody else is entitled to have one.

I am the only one with guts enough to put up threads like this and follow through with my comments
Seeing you've only been here 10 minutes Cairo what would you know about what other people post?

i want priemerships ands to build towards that
Yeah and the rest of us want to see richmond get a wooden spoon :rolleyes:

Take my argumenets as that do not attck me as a loyal platinum memeber.
So what if you’re a platinum member? That doesn't make you or your opinions any better than the rest of us.

why do i have to keep repeating myself.
Why do we have to keep repeating ourselves? We're allowed to disagree with your opinions but every time we do you claim we don’t read your posts.

cant you people read? If you cant go to kindgergarten again!
Reckon you should have a look at yourself before you go telling the rest of us to go back to kindergarten

Why am l arguing with you guys we are all tiger supporters have the guts to back up your arguments and read what i say nd not attach me because maybe waht i say you may just agree with
Yes we are all tiger supporters, but if you actually read what people say they do back up their arguments.

The earth does not revolve around you and your opinions Cairo, people have discussed your list and they disagree with certain parts of it learn to live with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not rocket science to pick on the poor playing list of 2003, but I dont think our playing list was that much better in 1995. But back then i thought we were 1-2 years away from being a premiership side. Now I dont think we can get there in 10.

I'm just not convinced its so much about the playing list alone, but the team itself. We played pretty close to being like a great team in 95. We play like a bunch of schoolkids in 2003.

We've always had great players at Tigerland, Royce Hart, Bourke and Raines, but we had much better teams. Saying that Kellaway cant kick is like saying Kevin Sheedy couldnt. But he was a key part of a premiership team. Back then others would say Jim Jess or Peter Welsh couldnt get a game for another club, but we knew they were part of something that broke down if they werent there.

Its up to the coach to bring the whole thing together, and make the poor bits work with the good bits. Analysing the individual players themselves is not going to fix things.

agree with 1980 but i have tried to lay off danny although i think he will not take us where we need to be, that is why we have a reasonable coaching panel but cannot agree with you re Sheedy. It wa a different time then tht sort of player survived because of toughness now you need toughness and skill. Bowden has skill but no toughness, kellaway have toughness but not that much skill.
we need to look at every player and ask those questions that it the basis of my good cattle poor cattle argument. As i have said it will take 3 years to trun the list over and get about 25-30 good cattle. i love you goodess l really do.

I take exception to the statement that I've only been "here" 5 minutes......it's at least 7 minutes!! Anyway, since when does longevity of membership of a site count in relation to putting across an argument?Am I supposed to "earn my dues" first? Must Nathan Brown keep his mouth shut and not contribute anything until he's been there half a season?Are his views worth less than Marty McGrath because Marty has been at the club longer?

Cairo, you are right, we will never win flags with the likes of Andy Kellaway and even Gaspar.
His All Australian of 2000 is a thing of the past that has absolutely no bearing on the future at all. Negative, ugly footballers like these will keep us also rans for a long time to come.
Andrew Kellaway is a goose with no football brain. Has no pace and indecisive.
The problem with ferals is that they think our players are champions, but the reality is they are absolute crap and would not get a game for most, if any at all AFL sides.
This was proven at trade time. No one wants unwanted scabby mouthed sheep!
And from what I saw from the rabble training at Punt Rd today, we will be damn lucky to finish 13th!!!

Originally posted by diggler
Cairo, you are right, we will never win flags with the likes of Andy Kellaway and even Gaspar.
His All Australian of 2000 is a thing of the past that has absolutely no bearing on the future at all. Negative, ugly footballers like these will keep us also rans for a long time to come.
Andrew Kellaway is a goose with no football brain. Has no pace and indecisive.
The problem with ferals is that they think our players are champions, but the reality is they are absolute crap and would not get a game for most, if any at all AFL sides.
This was proven at trade time. No one wants unwanted scabby mouthed sheep!
And from what I saw from the rabble training at Punt Rd today, we will be damn lucky to finish 13th!!!
more hot air and no substance

Originally posted by diggler
problem with ferals is that they think our players are champions,

Ferals?!?!... None of us are claiming that the Richmond list is the list of Champions its clearly not, we are interested in its betterment (and by this I mean not just saying kellaway and bowden are hopeless lets delist everyone),

however if we are "ferals" for our opinions,

than I shudder to imagine what class that must put you and cairo in... perhaps some rabid half camel half dog hybrid

Originally posted by corporal
Ferals?!?!...

however if we are "ferals" for our opinions,

Haven't you come across this expression before? Surely not! :eek:

The most common collective noun applied to Richmond fans is 'feral', something that is not without basis given the way we tend to eat our own!

This is partly where my sobriquet 'Eloquent Feral' comes from; finding the irony of being 'feral' and being able to string sentences together too amusing to pass up!

Cairo, you are the only one here who hasnt backed up anything you have said. You say Andy Kellaway has no skill, well, Marking is a skill.

And he was very low on the clanger count, check out the sun stats for the year. A few more high profile players had worse stats than Andy.

But then again, you dont like anyone sticking up for a player and 90% of the people here think Andy has done a great job and should be given more credit then what you give him as a player. You're the only one not listening. Sure, have an opinion, but dont be upset when people say its wrong, its there opinion.

LC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back