Good Friday Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wondered what awesome games they'd have on today, so popped into the AFL app and saw it's only Roos v Carlton. Bloody Carlton, are they the biggest ball cuppers of all time, they get an absolutely ridiculous amount of prime time given their abject shitness throughout the last 15 years. But point of the thread is questioning the AFL's commitment to Good Friday footy. How the hell does back to back spooner (2nd last to us the year prior) get to showcase the league on such an important day. Is Vlad and his Roman Catholicism still running the show behind the scenes and trying to kill it off? s**t game given the occasion, s**t AFL.

Wondered what awesome games they'd have on today, so popped into the AFL app and saw it's only Roos v Carlton. Bloody Carlton, are they the biggest ball cuppers of all time, they get an absolutely ridiculous amount of prime time given their abject shitness throughout the last 15 years. But point of the thread is questioning the AFL's commitment to Good Friday footy. How the hell does back to back spooner (2nd last to us the year prior) get to showcase the league on such an important day. Is Vlad and his Roman Catholicism still running the show behind the scenes and trying to kill it off? s**t game given the occasion, s**t AFL.
Supposed to be a solemn day so they’ve given us a solemn game

seriously mate, when they scheduled this it would have looked like a 100 point drubbing. And effing Carlton, why the * do they continue to be gifted these premium slots.
It’s the AFL, you expect them to make good decisions?

Also I thought there used to be 2 games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne successfully argued for the game due to their history of pioneering Friday Night Football. So they host the game perpetually. It's their marquee game.

Thing is, it's wasn't taking off.

The AFL wanted to give the nobody Victorian clubs a 'blockbuster' game. But as North's perpetually hosting it. No other club can host it. So it's not really taking off well with the opposition.

As below
2017 - 43k vs Bulldogs
2018 - 34k vs Saints
2019 - 48k vs Bombers
2020 - Postponed vs Bulldogs
2021 - 28k vs Bulldogs
2022 - 32k vs Bulldogs
2023 - vs Blues

So the AFL is trying to find someone to play North to make it work.

Thing is. Simply rotating it so North isn't always the home team would probably help. Bulldog fans can get into it more, rather than viewing it as a game to prop up North. (But I guess in Victoria it's a day for charity?)

My bigger gripe is that they got rid of the 2nd game.

2019 we got West Coast vs Port Adelaide
2020 was meant to be Port Adelaide vs West Coast
2021 we got Adelaide vs Gold Coast
2022 we got West Coast vs Sydney

That's a dead spot.

And with the AFL game being trash (as the old Queens Birthday game used to be) all I end up doing is going to SANFL footy. I now live at Marion instead of Norwood, and I'll still go out of my way to head to Elizabeth today to not watch the s**t the AFL is serving up.

The missus is a port supporter. I'm lucky we weren't drinking jacks and cola out of a can.

should mention that she's quite uppity for a port supporter.
North Melbourne successfully argued for the game due to their history of pioneering Friday Night Football. So they host the game perpetually. It's their marquee game.

Thing is, it's wasn't taking off.

The AFL wanted to give the nobody Victorian clubs a 'blockbuster' game. But as North's perpetually hosting it. No other club can host it. So it's not really taking off well with the opposition.

As below
2017 - 43k vs Bulldogs
2018 - 34k vs Saints
2019 - 48k vs Bombers
2020 - Postponed vs Bulldogs
2021 - 28k vs Bulldogs
2022 - 32k vs Bulldogs
2023 - vs Blues

So the AFL is trying to find someone to play North to make it work.

Thing is. Simply rotating it so North isn't always the home team would probably help. Bulldog fans can get into it more, rather than viewing it as a game to prop up North. (But I guess in Victoria it's a day for charity?)

My bigger gripe is that they got rid of the 2nd game.

2019 we got West Coast vs Port Adelaide
2020 was meant to be Port Adelaide vs West Coast
2021 we got Adelaide vs Gold Coast
2022 we got West Coast vs Sydney

That's a dead spot.

And with the AFL game being trash (as the old Queens Birthday game used to be) all I end up doing is going to SANFL footy. I now live at Marion instead of Norwood, and I'll still go out of my way to head to Elizabeth today to not watch the s**t the AFL is serving up.

Trying to find an opponent for a long term cellar side is typical AFL stupidity. It’s a premium slot, it deserves a premium match up. Gifting it to Roos for past deeds is no different to us selecting Smith and Milera. Just dumb, make decisions for the now and future, not the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back