Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seems a desperate decision to stop players going. Get the best possible candidate no matter what! If they say he was the best they could get then fair enough but I can see this ending in tears. Surely there are plenty of jobs closer to home for him and if he was that good why haven't the Lions had a crack at him?

Heard an ex Richmond player, with a vic state cricketing back ground has applied for the Seymour job. Any idea who that could be?

You might know the bloke from TAC cup ringo? I was under the impression that he had been an assistant to Digby Morell at West Coburg this past year. Might have some serious contacts in the EDFL re: players. Swans have been known to throw some huge dollars at players for a 1-2 year period.

And yes I know it generally turns to s**t for them for a few years afterwards.

No Tongue..never heard of him but thats not to say he isn't a good operator...just cant see it as a viable option.

Rumour has it that the majority of the rumba recruits are heading back to Rumba for 2018.
Squires announced to be going to Congupna and also Riordan to Katandra are also bound to take others with them .
Was enjoying a great lunch of ribs today at Barca Love when in walks a lad who played nearly every senior game this year at Swans. He confirmed that all the Rumba boys are gone and then told me that nearly every player over 18 that played seniors is leaving Swans. He reckons the only guy remaining will be Service. Nearly choked on my rib lol. Sounds a bit far fetched but you never know they could have a flood of exits. He stated that some of the families not happy after learning of coaches history and not being based in town. Have to wait and see what happens.

Could we see a senior GVFL side go into recession?

Surely there are some really good candidates locally that could've done the job........just seems strange
Totally agree Ringo. Given their situation you would think there would be a locally based bloke who would be a better option at building a list. I don't think they even advertised the position so it looks like someone either knows him or they got a recommendation from someone to seek him out. It's an interesting decision to say the least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/division-4-2017-thread.1154743/page-2#post-52906858

I just want to share this post as I think this may work however not to sure about avenel or Longwood but overall I think that is good balance of team

What your opinion?
Ridiculous , the difference in the population of towns would be extremely detrimental to many clubs.
Likewise the differential in like minded communities , such as farming communities v city type workers , would cause alot of issues.
One model doesn't fit all, footbal/netball in farming rural communities is completely different to that in rural cities.
It is the reason many are choosing the farming rural community football over rural city football and despite the rumours and innuendo it ain't about the money . It is to play in comps like the KDFL , PDFNL , MFL where often their only committment is a Tuesday , Thursday night and Saturday where they get have a beer or theyretire.
The issue that needs to be addressed is trying to encourage 21-22 year olds who are capable, to want to play GVFL, which can be encouraged by ex GVFL players being in their home club like it once occurred .
What better way to educate kids, who are not yet up to it, running around with ex GVFL champions.
It use to occur in the GVFL reserves , but the GVFL ressie cultural of a few beers and less stressful and being less demanding , appears to have flown out the window as clubs strive to be seen as more professional.
Elitism can bring clubs undone.
Sorry about the rant but it shits me when suggestions come up about let's do this or that because it might fix that , without actually considering what is the cause .
Looking back on how things occurred in good times is sometimes a very valuable tool.

Last edited:
Chill Roar Chill. Don't rant just because someone comes up with an opinion you don't agree with. He, like you, like me is entitled to a point of view.

Just come back with the reasons why you don't agree. Lets encourage discussions and not be offended that someone has the audacity to not be our clone. You come up with a lot of good stuff on these forums. I generally like what you say.

Chill Roar Chill. Don't rant just because someone comes up with an opinion you don't agree with. He, like you, like me is entitled to a point of view.

Just come back with the reasons why you don't agree. Lets encourage discussions and not be offended that someone has the audacity to not be our clone. You come up with a lot of good stuff on these forums. I generally like what you say.
lol pretty sure I apologised for the rant within the post and also outlined my reasons why I didn't like the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back