Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatura have been active in the past couple of weeks. Have recruited a couple of talks that will benefit them. Swans have been busy resigning their young kids for next season. Seymour, Kyabram and United have lost a couple, Mooroopna landed a couple. Would expect clubs to get busy in the next 2 or 3 weeks in an attempt to be organised for pre season. Looking like the competition may even out a bit more in 2018.

Tatura have been active in the past couple of weeks. Have recruited a couple of talks that will benefit them. Swans have been busy resigning their young kids for next season. Seymour, Kyabram and United have lost a couple, Mooroopna landed a couple. Would expect clubs to get busy in the next 2 or 3 weeks in an attempt to be organised for pre season. Looking like the competition may even out a bit more in 2018.

Sounds like it will drop off even further.

Will tat be pushing the 42 point limit?? If I hear about them in the near future getting an increase in there pts cap I will have lost faith in the system

Agree Johnno. You cant go out recruiting with the expectation we have been ordinary for a couple of years so the hub will increase your points. In this instance if they do massive ramifications for all clubs to have ordinary years and then use this equation when needed. Points and salary cap changes the competition how if this is allowed to happen?

Might need the hub to make a stand on this otherwise I'm with you.........

Agree Johnno. You cant go out recruiting with the expectation we have been ordinary for a couple of years so the hub will increase your points. In this instance if they do massive ramifications for all clubs to have ordinary years and then use this equation when needed. Points and salary cap changes the competition how if this is allowed to happen?

Might need the hub to make a stand on this otherwise I'm with you.........
Yes and make a stand this year. How come a club who was in the finals last year was and top of the ladder Get a points concession however the bulldogs applied we get knock back. How is that fair.

Tat finsh last, 2nd last and 9th on past 3 years. I do not argee with the point system but come we need some good players in the side.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes and make a stand this year. How come a club who was in the finals last year was and top of the ladder Get a points concession however the bulldogs applied we get knock back. How is that fair.

Tat finsh last, 2nd last and 9th on past 3 years. I do not argee with the point system but come we need some good players in the side.

How many flags have Tat won last 17 years? Its a cycle that has to stop. Top out then Bottom out consistently. No middle ground whatsoever. I would be very disappointed if Tat got more points based on not having an eye on the points system IN PLACE to accommodate a heap of recruits to fit into their best team. Granted you need players but so does every other team that didnt win a premiership.
The Hub better stand firm on this or there will be a huge backlash from other clubs.

You may not agree with the points system Oz but you have made a fair point why they need an increase in points.
There were some good arguments also made previously as you shouldn’t be able to recruit expecting an increase in points.
Clubs should know their points allocation for the following season ASAP. Can’t see why they can’t be released during the finals series. Clubs already in finals will either keep the point cap or may have a reduction if already receive bonus (depending on circumstances).
Clubs outside the finals have a chance to make a request at the end of the Home and away season. Their committees will have a good awareness of where they are at and they can make an application if they desire. They need to know before they ramp up for recruiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some concerning losses at King's Park then.....Grenfell, Meredith, Anderson, McCarthy, Robertson, Sturgess......no more please, that'll be enough

Your lions look in massive strife now! That’s some huge talent out of the side. Colbert retired too! Seymour could struggle heavily by the looks here. Any young players wanting to leave now due to this onslaught of players leaving? Couldn’t really blame them at this stage could ya, everyone leaving around them. Sounds like it could get nasty down there, hopefully a few boom recruits will straighten the lions up!

Your lions look in massive strife now! That’s some huge talent out of the side. Colbert retired too! Seymour could struggle heavily by the looks here. Any young players wanting to leave now due to this onslaught of players leaving? Couldn’t really blame them at this stage could ya, everyone leaving around them. Sounds like it could get nasty down there, hopefully a few boom recruits will straighten the lions up!
Thankfully the young players seen really happy to be taking the next step at the lions, pretty tight knit group

Thankfully the young players seen really happy to be taking the next step at the lions, pretty tight knit group

That’s always good lion. Any seymour boys on VFL lists or been cut from lists? Obviously a change in rules with the development team being cut. Being the club closest to the city you guys probably the best club to manage between VFL commitments and local footy I would’ve thought? Plus have the best knowledge on those other leagues.

Please tell me you guys signed on young wheeler. Watched his older brother play down at Williamstown few years back, what a gun. See the younger brother rip my mob apart multiple times. Great footy blood in the family by the looks.

That’s always good lion. Any seymour boys on VFL lists or been cut from lists? Obviously a change in rules with the development team being cut. Being the club closest to the city you guys probably the best club to manage between VFL commitments and local footy I would’ve thought? Plus have the best knowledge on those other leagues.

Please tell me you guys signed on young wheeler. Watched his older brother play down at Williamstown few years back, what a gun. See the younger brother rip my mob apart multiple times. Great footy blood in the family by the looks.
Off the top of my head i think Sturgess was the VFL tied player and he's taken up an assistant role at Coburg. Ive been elsewhere for 4 years, obviously back this year so there might b 1 or 2 im not sure about in regards to that dees. Harry Wheeler still on board ( but id better ask him after my "Grenfell " slip up !!!), very good player, one touch player and very tough, just like Willie and yes, a family trait.

Off the top of my head i think Sturgess was the VFL tied player and he's taken up an assistant role at Coburg. Ive been elsewhere for 4 years, obviously back this year so there might b 1 or 2 im not sure about in regards to that dees. Harry Wheeler still on board ( but id better ask him after my "Grenfell " slip up !!!), very good player, one touch player and very tough, just like Willie and yes, a family trait.
I imagine Jewell bringing plenty of recruits with him. How many points does Grenfell cost Tatura? Is it 5 coming from a club in the same league?

I imagine Jewell bringing plenty of recruits with him. How many points does Grenfell cost Tatura? Is it 5 coming from a club in the same league?
I believe they're not looking to recruit to heavily, probably 2 or 3 but given the losses might have to be 3 or 4 to help to talented youth already there. Yeah, would have to be at least 5 points silver tongue i would've thought.

W
I believe they're not looking to recruit to heavily, probably 2 or 3 but given the losses might have to be 3 or 4 to help to talented youth already there. Yeah, would have to be at least 5 points silver tongue i would've thought.
would of thought most clubs would have signed Grenville given the opportunity
Wouldn't they ??

Speaking to a tat board member. All the signing have been 3 pointer except for young cooper who is a 5

Heard matty shannon from shepp is coming to kennel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back