Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Righto posters, this forum has gone to the shite! Last year we discussed the best full forwards in the GV over the past decade/or further back to continue the conversation.

What about the underpaid, highly rated grafters? The full back? Or in today's terminology, key rotating backman ...

I nominate Jason Morgan (Ky)(when he plays there) and James Gledhill (Rochy) as the best two current 'full backs' ....

Who else do we have/have had folks?

Last edited:
Righto posters, this forum has gone to the shite! Last year we discussed the best full forwards in the GV over the past decade/or further back to continue the conversation.

What about the underpaid, highly rated grafters? The full back? Or in today's terminology, key rotating backman ...

I nominate Jason Morgan (Ky)(when he plays there) and James Gledhill (Rochy) as the best two current 'full backs' ....

Best coach, Flaz from rochy by a *ing mile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best coach, Flaz from rochy by a ruddy mile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Sprechen.
If i started a thread about best coach he would be in my finals! I am pretty sure I said full backs ... Flaherty is certainly one of the better ones.

Last edited:

Talk of Andrew Walker vein linked to West Preston Lakeside not great for Echuca

Yes its true but think the plan is still to turn out for Echuca for a couple of games. Still expect them to be in the mix for finals but with other clubs getting some good signings in recent weeks its making it tougher.

Adam Tarrant from Euroa is a superstar! Probably doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Rarely beaten.

I would have thought Josh Vick would be handling the full forwards fairly well not to need JM to take over

Josh Vick played for County Vic as a fullback. Not sure if Morgan represented at this level. Morgs was initially recruited to Richmond as a full forward. Another year like Gledhill played and he might be up there.

Yes silver I'm sure I kicked started that great debate on who were some of the best full forwards ever to go around in GV I really enjoyed reminiscing about those champions But on the full backs be hard to go past josh Vick that is still playing but over all in my time Tats Micky Gayfer stands out as the best I've seen in GV and to go back further Uniteds Richard Warburton was a ripper too cheers mate

Dominic David, Nath Roulston, Rochy bias, but two guys that gave some 100goal a year full forwards some big headaches

Dominic David, Nath Roulston, Rochy bias, but two guys that gave some 100goal a year full forwards some big headaches
When Mark Reid and Robbie Miller played Full Back, you were in for an exciting afternoon, you'd often see the Full Back take more hangers than the Full Forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both guns who were cut down through injury as Roulston would have been anything until he broke his neck. I reckon Dom David was the strongest one on one player I have seen ... But all to brief with his knee reconstruction.

Yes silver I'm sure I kicked started that great debate on who were some of the best full forwards ever to go around in GV I really enjoyed reminiscing about those champions But on the full backs be hard to go past josh Vick that is still playing but over all in my time Tats Micky Gayfer stands out as the best I've seen in GV and to go back further Uniteds Richard Warburton was a ripper too cheers mate

Dean Archer from Tatura was handy when he played there as I recall and if we are talking 1980's I agree with Warburton and throw in Lemnos champ Peter Shemshedin as a bloke who stopped most of the gun full forwards of that period.

Past, Joffa Anderson from Seymour.

Does Kristan Height get a nomination? GV and O&M league medal winner.

And Bendigo! More midfielder than pure small forward but bloody dangerous in front of the sticks.

Surely no one goes past Saad, kicked bulk goals and took some of the greatest marks seen

Was gunna say the same thing mate, and for arguments sake Adrian Baker when at Euroa wasn't too shabby either

Yeah fair point doona as Baker could certainly play ... multiple 100 goal small forwards are rare (apart from Saad) and I think Baker cracked the ton twice in the late '90's.

A shout out to Shepparton's Jason Wells as well. Does Pettifer qualify as a small forward?

Last edited:
Yeah fair point doona as Baker could certainly play ... multiple 100 goal small forwards are rare (apart from Saad) and I think Baker cracked the ton twice in the late '90's.

A shout out to Shepparton's Jason Wells as well. Does Pettifer qualify as a small forward?

Reckon Pettifer more a mid type but Wells was a jet too. Baker had a bit of nastiness as well as talent

Is that the mad baker who played at Broadford?

Mad as hell roota. He could play though. Recall Rob Miller playing full back on him late '90's and shutting him down. After a ball up Miller was screaming that Baker had eye gouged him ...Was far from happy. Must of called it a draw as Miller's freakish talent on the footy field extended to his ability to hold his hands up. Could fight could Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back