Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In saying that thou, somebody mentioned before about a teams ambitions before the start of the season. I reckon Euroa would have been quietly confident achieving good things this year. Lost a couple of important players from last year but added a lot of quality and a hell of a lot of depth. Would have recruited or gained the most numbers this year im sure of it. This is also reflected in how well their 2s are travelling.
Whats the deal with that Lachy Dalgleish fella? Remember him running around for Essendon a few years back. Was lightening quick. Is he VFL listed?

Yep, Lachy is listed at Footscray, has been for a couple of years now.

In saying that thou, somebody mentioned before about a teams ambitions before the start of the season. I reckon Euroa would have been quietly confident achieving good things this year. Lost a couple of important players from last year but added a lot of quality and a hell of a lot of depth. Would have recruited or gained the most numbers this year im sure of it. This is also reflected in how well their 2s are travelling.
Whats the deal with that Lachy Dalgleish fella? Remember him running around for Essendon a few years back. Was lightening quick. Is he VFL listed?
Footscray maybe ( dalgleish ) ??

The reality is Kyabram improved their list from the GF team last year.

Kyabram may have improved their list but however to have the 3rd place and 9th place this year which in a kick of a game at the end is slightly disappointing compared to last year which only one team got close (Seymour by 9 points).

I would question the rationale on giving Euroa A+ given they have a higher player point allocation 46 verses 42 for all other clubs except (Swans). Hardly a even playing field for other teams.

I would question the rationale on giving Euroa A+ given they have a higher player point allocation 46 verses 42 for all other clubs except (Swans). Hardly a even playing field for other teams.

That's a ridiculous statement. Look at the population, businesses, location of Euroa compared to the other clubs. That is how they were allocated the points. Euroa somewhat successful for the first time in 12 years and it's 'unfair'. Pull up son.

Hi Guys,

Long shot but worth a try.

I collect stubby holders from AFL clubs all over the country, i have all clubs in your league except Tatura and Mooroopna, I am told both clubs don't have any in stock at the minute. Does anyone have one of these two laying around that you may want to get rid of please send me a message.

Appreciate it.

Best of luck for the remainder of the year!!

Kyabram may have improved their list but however to have the 3rd place and 9th place this year which in a kick of a game at the end is slightly disappointing compared to last year which only one team got close (Seymour by 9 points).
I would argue Oz to win games "ugly" is a good thing. Yes teams have got closer this year, which perhaps may create some some interest come finals. I know there were areas the team were disappointed with in those games, but I don't think overall they are slightly disappointed with their season so far as the close games gave the team things to work on. They are extremely happy with where they are at and they are an improved team from last year.
You maybe assessing them from a different perspective though.

The whole idea of the points system is to even out the competition by allocating more points to disadvantaged clubs. To discriminate against them in an assessment because they are allocated more points is in fact unfair in itself.
On a different matter, the way the seemingly secretive way the points were allocated to both the Swans and Euroa was not only unfair to the other clubs but to both those clubs receiving them. It made their extra points approved seem a bit dodgy by not being transparent. We ended up judging the clubs for getting them and not the process.
This topic will come up again next year when we discuss who should get them. It will be ironic if Euroa does win the flag this year though. (Just to get it out there now, personally Euroa may have received too many points compared to the Swans, but that it not what my main point is about).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little gallop
Only a gem such as this could drag me from a self enforced hiatus. Before doing it again Ringo please observe the following: tribunal records apparently extend back at least as far Brian McGuane coaching Sebas and him giving tribunal advice, the maximum threshold of sixteen weeks is strictly enforced and having a kick at any level with your own kids will result in this exchange -
"Why did you burn me?"
"F*** off Dad, the boundary umpire makes better position than you!"
Additionally, former students will be your opponent at some stage and they may have an axe to grind (Ky kids don't get out of the Valley often enough to truly appreciate your educational legacies), other former students will be watching and drinking (some even legally) and will be merciless in their appraisal, private health cover at your age categorises football in the same class as bungee jumping without elastic straps and the only sinew suitable for reconstructive purposes has to be saved from last Sunday's lamb shank roast. From my own experience being burnt by your thirteen and fourteen year old sons in a Reserves game is probably the most mentally debilitating!
On the plus side, Andrew Jarman still runs around for Gaza in the SAAFL; my eldest couldn't believe it when he lined up on him!

The whole idea of the points system is to even out the competition by allocating more points to disadvantaged clubs. To discriminate against them in an assessment because they are allocated more points is in fact unfair in itself.
On a different matter, the way the seemingly secretive way the points were allocated to both the Swans and Euroa was not only unfair to the other clubs but to both those clubs receiving them. It made their extra points approved seem a bit dodgy by not being transparent. We ended up judging the clubs for getting them and not the process.
This topic will come up again next year when we discuss who should get them. It will be ironic if Euroa does win the flag this year though. (Just to get it out there now, personally Euroa may have received too many points compared to the Swans, but that it not what my main point is about).

It is an interesting topic, but staying on Euroa, they only used 33 points on the weekend against the Bears anyway. So to be in the position they are in is all credit to JD and the club.

Only a gem such as this could drag me from a self enforced hiatus. Before doing it again Ringo please observe the following: tribunal records apparently extend back at least as far Brian McGuane coaching Sebas and him giving tribunal advice, the maximum threshold of sixteen weeks is strictly enforced and having a kick at any level with your own kids will result in this exchange -
"Why did you burn me?"
Additionally, former students will be your opponent at some stage and they may have an axe to grind (Ky kids don't get out of the Valley often enough to truly appreciate your educational legacies), other former students will be watching and drinking (some even legally) and will be merciless in their appraisal, private health cover at your age categorises football in the same class as bungee jumping without elastic straps and the only sinew suitable for reconstructive purposes has to be saved from last Sunday's lamb shank roast. From my own experience being burnt by your thirteen and fourteen year old sons in a Reserves game is probably the most mentally debilitating!
On the plus side, Andrew Jarman still runs around for Gaza in the SAAFL; my eldest couldn't believe it when he lined up on him!

That was worth the wait woody.

"Why did you burn me?"

Hahaha..welcome back!

From Saturday Euroa used 33, Shepp 38, Benalla 27, Swans 41, United 29, Mansfield 25, Seymour 24, Tatura 33, Echuca 26, Mooroopna 35, Kyabram 25 and Rochester 27.
Cheers Ultra, you have verified what I had imagined.

Still trying to get the cider out of the carpet after the Luke Morgan announcement as GV coach! Paul Newman and Brett Henderson are busy?

Serious question: does the league autocratically select a coach?

Cheers Ultra, you have verified what I had imagined.

Still trying to get the cider out of the carpet after the Luke Morgan announcement as GV coach! Paul Newman and Brett Henderson are busy?

Serious question: does the league autocratically select a coach?

Wouldn't think so with a selection like that silver! It coaching is making our league ranking tumble down as no one wants to play under up. Newman and Flaherty I say!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back