Goulburn Valley FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good signing for Kyabram with 3 x Nathalia Premiership player Bailey Bell joining the Bombers. Bell is only 19 but will be a valuable pick up for their flag defence.

'We are excited to announce the dual signings of Mick Mattingly and Bailey Bell for the 2018 season. We look forward to both Mick and Bailey forming vital pieces to our 2018 assault and our premiership defense'.
Be interesting to see how he goes and whether he can get and maintain a spot, has always lacked polish for mine.

Just what the comp needs....more signings for Kyabram
Ky won’t be as strong this year Roota with the loss of Smith, Clark, Burstin, Reeves and Vick. However most of the teams who challenged them last season have also lost key players so Ky should start clear favourites. I was thinking is Euroa the only top side from last season to have improved their list? Can you mob speculate on this please?

Looking from outside the league , at the moment with what lm reading the ladder will stay pretty much the same except Echuca will improve and the rest will stay the same , just the standard may drop.

Looking from outside the league , at the moment with what lm reading the ladder will stay pretty much the same except Echuca will improve and the rest will stay the same , just the standard may drop.

If the standard drops anymore then we might have to shut the gates! The points system for mine is making it tough for any ladder change.

Apart from Echuca, who performed below some follower’s expectations last season, I thought another team from the lower half would be big improvers in Tatura. But have had a couple of Ky people challenge me on this saying they have lost as many good players as they have recruited. I thought they had done well enough to really challenge for a final’s berth. Apparently not so???

If the standard drops anymore then we might have to shut the gates! The points system for mine is making it tough for any ladder change.
If it truly is the points system that is stopping any ladder change Ringo, that’s a strong enough argument for me to keep it as it is! ;)

If it truly is the points system that is stopping any ladder change Ringo, that’s a strong enough argument for me to keep it as it is! ;)

Would have been interesting to see how much more shepp and Euroa could have recruited last year... to my knowledge they were the only teams in the 6 pushing the points cap? Whether the points system actually impacted on them building a stronger list to challenge ky

Would have been interesting to see how much more shepp and Euroa could have recruited last year... to my knowledge they were the only teams in the 6 pushing the points cap? Whether the points system actually impacted on them building a stronger list to challenge ky
Shepp were forced to leave players out of finals , that they had already attracted, so the points system no doubt impacted on them.

Shepp were forced to leave players out of finals , that they had already attracted, so the points system no doubt impacted on them.
Let’s get back to the good old days when teams were full of out of towners and no one knew them, and the other issues this caused. NOT! It did lift the standard though, but artificially so. Even the BBL places restrictions on the number of “ out of towners” you can recruit.

Let’s get back to the good old days when teams were full of out of towners and no one knew them, and the other issues this caused. NOT! It did lift the standard though, but artificially so. Even the BBL places restrictions on the number of “ out of towners” you can recruit.

Lets get back to the good old days when Metro clubs had the same chance of recruiting as country clubs.How do country clubs attract or keep quality when the system is so skewed towards metro leagues?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was talking to a few Rochy boys on the weekend johnno and apparently Flaherty is very happy with the calibre of recruits for 2018. He is planning on rebuilding and playing local boys. The boys sounded robust in regards to some pain for greater gain. Josh Flight has allegedly once again taken flight ... so no senior footy for him at Rochy I guess....

Last edited:
Was talking to a few Rochy boys on the weekend johnno and apparently Flaherty is very happy with the calibre of recruits for 2018. He is planning on rebuilding and playing local boys. The boys sounded robust in regards to some pain for greater gain. Josh Flight has allegedly once again taken flight ... so no senior footy for him at Rochy I guess....

Signed at Echuca United i believe.

A lot of Talent already cleared out but nothing cleared in for Rochy on sporting pulse and I hear the Colonel is headed Calivil way too.

Rochy lost a swag of experience and are probably lucky there is quite a few other clubs that look to be struggling.

Josh Flight .... can’t even say he’s wasted talent as I haven’t seen the talent in the first place

A lot of Talent already cleared out but nothing cleared in for Rochy on sporting pulse and I hear the Colonel is headed Calivil way too.

Rochy lost a swag of experience and are probably lucky there is quite a few other clubs that look to be struggling.

Josh Flight .... can’t even say he’s wasted talent as I haven’t seen the talent in the first place
I think Roar talked up Flight as a prospect having had a bit do with him.

Never watched him myself as the laws of human biology and .05 drink driving laws conspired against me. Chances of making it to a thirds games was based upon the equation of what time the last beer was consumed the previous night, which part of which dozen it was from, with the added complexity of a 2-3 hour drive to a GV game. This usually meant a sedate 2pm arrival when I did manage to get there!

The colonel had retired at the beginning of 2017 had he not? Hopefully a few clearances might appear once the secretary returns from holidays?

I think Roar talked up Flight as a prospect having had a bit do with him.

Never watched him myself as the laws of human biology and .05 drink driving laws conspired against me. Chances of making it to a thirds games was based upon the equation of what time the last beer was consumed the previous night, which part of which dozen it was from, with the added complexity of a 2-3 hour drive to a GV game. This usually meant a sedate 2pm arrival when I did manage to get there!

The colonel had retired at the beginning of 2017 had he not? Hopefully a few clearances might appear once the secretary returns from holidays?

Clearances aren't open again until 1 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back