Goulburn Valley FL 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silver Tongue

Club Legend
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great read. And it all seems like yesterday although I had forgotten about the money throwing at Moon Oval. Thanks for that Trent.

localfootyguru

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Moving Around
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Avoca FC, Ouyen FC
No disrespect but why do clubs keep falling for the same trick and appoint guys like Meka. Hot headed and someone that whilst he has short term success, generally leaves a club worse off. Whilst Meka is passionate about the game, I would have thought his style was well past being effective. Watched him a few weeks ago and it was the same as that shown at Swans many years ago. Whilst I understand people deserve a second chance, I wouldn't appoint him in a senior role.

Silver Tongue

Club Legend
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
No disrespect but why do clubs keep falling for the same trick and appoint guys like Meka. Hot headed and someone that whilst he has short term success, generally leaves a club worse off. Whilst Meka is passionate about the game, I would have thought his style was well past being effective. Watched him a few weeks ago and it was the same as that shown at Swans many years ago. Whilst I understand people deserve a second chance, I wouldn't appoint him in a senior role.
Doubt you will get too many arguments against your views on this forum guru. Did you read the article that Trent the flight steward posted above? He has always been a loose unit and a couple of blokes on here would have coached against him.

localfootyguru

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Moving Around
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Avoca FC, Ouyen FC
Loved that article about Meka Trent - sums him up and a club environment whilst he is involved perfectly. Teams full of high profile and overpaid players, and a coach that tactically struggles but has an overinflated ego and bad attitude to match. I wouldn't let him near any club I was involved with. I still cannot understand why St.Albans would appoint him - they obviously didn't do their due diligence. The other week when I watched him coach I couldn't believe his performance whilst on the boundary line - spent more time yelling and "barking" at everyone else rather than focusing on the efforts of his team - it was embarrassing.

ringo1

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2006
country vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Loved that article about Meka Trent - sums him up and a club environment whilst he is involved perfectly. Teams full of high profile and overpaid players, and a coach that tactically struggles but has an overinflated ego and bad attitude to match. I wouldn't let him near any club I was involved with. I still cannot understand why St.Albans would appoint him - they obviously didn't do their due diligence. The other week when I watched him coach I couldn't believe his performance whilst on the boundary line - spent more time yelling and "barking" at everyone else rather than focusing on the efforts of his team - it was embarrassing.
Surely not:cool:

ringo1

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2006
country vic
AFL Club
Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silver Tongue

Club Legend
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The video isn’t great but no doubt Pez was outnumbered. Described as an icon of country footy. There is a police investigation that is ongoing. Not sure what his coaching future holds but he was in charge on Saturday.
An 'icon' of country football hey ... He is not symbolic of country footy and certainly not worthy of any manner of veneration or reverence associated with the aforementioned label of icon. Herald-Sun pffff ...

Doc Larkins

All Australian
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Could be a few Coaching jobs up for grabs;Shepparton, Shepparton United and Mooroopna will have new mentors.
Tatura and Rochester may be in the lookout as well although both their coaches could do another season.
All of them are at the stage for a change you'd think. Just be interesting too see what can be attracted the Coaching pool seems to be pretty shallow or possibly Clubs are hunting as hard as the days when the likes of Paul Hawke, Gary Foulds, Craig Kelly, Simon Eishold etc we're recruited to the League in Coaching roles.

Top Bottom