Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers Swoop! I can talk about GV footy forever, and we have not even got to the other sides yet!

Tricky question mate: all are Morrison medalists, but Watson's kicking stands out compared to the other two. He started as a sneaky forward and was a gun off half-back later in his career. He played a few in the AFL whereas the others did not.

Keenan played in some sh*t sides mid-80's but jeez he could get the footy inside. Played really well in strong GV sides when interleague mattered. He and Shane Loveless were a dynamic duo in GV footy mid-80's as I recall.

Toot was a jet. Quick, tough and those left foot helicopter kicks generally found a target. He played in premierships for United, Golden Square, Rochester and Colbinabbin. What a record!

Different players, but all three are dead set champions of GV footy mate!
The Great Toota didn't play in a Flag at Rochester. Couple of Runners Up and a League Medal in his time their though.

The Great Toota didn't play in a Flag at Rochester. Couple of Runners Up and a League Medal in his time their though.
He was at United in '89 and thought he was at Rochy in '92. Thought he played in '92 and '93 when when the Bears got home after the siren. Was he apart of the '93 side?

Ps. Sorry Fly. It's all a bit of a blur with regards exact detail. VB cans do that.

He was at United in '89 and thought he was at Rochy in '92. Thought he played in '92 and '93 when when the Bears got home after the siren. Was he apart of the '93 side?
Went from United back to Coach his beloved Colbo Grasshoppers to a Flag in 91 Coached them again the next year to finals then he went to Rochy. Coached Colbo to Flags in 98 and 99 when he went back.

Went from United back to Coach his beloved Colbo Grasshoppers to a Flag in 91 Coached them again the next year to finals then he went to Rochy. Coached Colbo to Flags in 98 and 99 when he went back.
Cheers Fly. Totally correct as he didn't play when Tatura's Steve Ryan got hold of Miller and every other remotely tall defender in '98, nor in '99 when United got flogged by Rochy.

According to the KDFL site Kyabram have picked up KDFL league medalist and former Mooroopna player Kaine Herbert.

I think Onthehill alluded to that last week. Is he a four or five pointer 'Hill?

it is good to be back, although a week off was probably needed. Firstly i need to apologise to Voice for my wrong assumptions of him being another poster. The similarities were striking. The previous poster had come up to me at the football and offered his apologies for some DM's he sent me. I accepted that apology but the messages returned over the next few days. I am sincerely sorry for tainting you with that brush Voice. whilst i love the chat on here I detest the fact that some posters troll others when they know there identities and they themselves don't have the courage to identify themselves. Anyway i look forward to continuing football chat. It was nice to get back into some training on Saturday and our season is all right to go. I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eishold
Sholl
Byrne
Height
Archard
Buckley
Murray
Walker
Orr
B Smith

The 10 most influential player/coaches in the last 25 years. Sheldon coached but obviously didnt play..that's why he isn't on the list.

Great list old mate. Thanks for the contribution.

It’s great now that a decision has been made that we can discuss this type of stuff

Eishold
Sholl
Byrne
Height
Archard
Buckley
Murray
Walker
Orr
B Smith

The 10 most influential player/coaches in the last 25 years. Sheldon coached but obviously didnt play..that's why he isn't on the list.

Throw in Patch Pellegrino?

Mightn’t be as big a star as the blokes above, however still a very good player & one tough hombre.

Unfortunately he played some of his most influential games in grand finals & milestone games against Rochy.

Mightn’t be as big a star as the blokes above, however still a very good player & one tough hombre.

Unfortunately he played some of his most influential games in grand finals & milestone games against Rochy.

Can’t remember how many times we thought we had Patch coming to Lalbert

Eishold
Sholl
Byrne
Height
Archard
Buckley
Murray
Walker
Orr
B Smith

Good to see you back mate Gee you’ve come up with some rippers in that list , don’t knowi if they are rated from 1 to 10 but I would have Smith a little higher

Smith got hold of Rochy in one of the grand finals in either 2001 / 2002.

Possibly 2002, and won the medal? Gun player.

Height coached a team my son played in at Mitcham U18's at very young age for a coach.Was super impressed with him and often wonder how he come across as a coach in the GVDFL.I think we would all agree a wonderful footballer unlucky to not to play AFL being with a strong Hawthorn side and sadly missed out.

Actually I considered him but just missed out as did Xavier Campbell. Wines didn’t play enough games and others in the mix include Joel Perry and Josh Maddox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back