Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

At 24/25 he could be picked up or play VFL. I wouldn’t think he’d want to go and play at home for another 3/4 years. Far too good for that comp. if he didn’t do his ACL could’ve been a premiership player. Highly regarded and good enough to play AFL for a few more years. On another note a blow for local football with Jamie Macri stepping down from his role. A wonderful person who deserved better than some of the rubbish he had to put up with .
If someone of the quality of Jamie Macri cops rubbish there is little hope for the mere plebs .

If someone of the quality of Jamie Macri cops rubbish there is little hope for the mere plebs .

So bloody sad that Jamie has had to step away. One of the most genuine and respectful people I have had the pleasure of being involved with in country footy.

Have no idea what has lead to this but I do know that the GV and the region are worse off without him

So bloody sad that Jamie has had to step away. One of the most genuine and respectful people I have had the pleasure of being involved with in country footy.

Have no idea what has lead to this but I do know that the GV and the region are worse off without him
Your first paragraph appears to be shared by the gross majority and with 30 + years within the game , 10 ?? in admin .
Plenty come in with big ambitions and no prior involvement with the game and cause a lot of trouble and a mess in a very short term.

I have made comment on this before but a certain person had my posts deleted...the guilt must've been a bit much. No doubt this will be pulled too.

Really saddened to hear that Jamie has resigned. Couldn’t meet a more genuine, decent person so invested in community footy and making a difference across the region. Did a fantastic job at Central Murray too. Well respected by clubs and everyone involved in footy. A big loss for the region and community footy as a whole. Go well Jamie.

Good to see Benalla re-signing Warnock, Davies, Welsh, Wolf & Palpratt of recent times. How do we think they will go? Losing Mennan & Webster will hurt.

Seymour have locked a way a lot of their list by the looks. A few Werribee boys re-signed and another VFL listed youngster.

Mansfield will be interesting after adding in Hutchins. Not much is ever heard out of eagle land but this first signing could maybe be a sign of more.

Euroa will be flying if they keep most of their list and add in another Hayes brother & injured Trotter...... time will tell!

Good to see Benalla re-signing Warnock, Davies, Welsh, Wolf & Palpratt of recent times. How do we think they will go? Losing Mennan & Webster will hurt.

Seymour have locked a way a lot of their list by the looks. A few Werribee boys re-signed and another VFL listed youngster.

Mansfield will be interesting after adding in Hutchins. Not much is ever heard out of eagle land but this first signing could maybe be a sign of more.

Been very quiet on the euroa and Echuca front. Most teams have been busy announcing there re-signings on there respective social media pages but nothing out of those two clubs. Euroa will be clear favourites if they maintain there list and pick up Hayes. Would be an amazing effort to keep that group under the cap and add Hayes. Good luck to them if they can.
Unfortunately I can see the gap widening from the top teams to the bottom. Hopefully some good news to come out of United, Tatura and the swans.

Euroa will be flying if they keep most of their list and add in another Hayes brother & injured Trotter...... time will tell!

Been well documented that United have lost a heap, The Swans losses are adding up too and Benalla have list a lot more than Mennen and Webster. Likely to be a huge gap between top 5 and the bottom 4- 5.

Echuca lands Former GWS player Sam Reid.

Echuca lands Former GWS player Sam Reid.
He’ll have a few looking over their shoulder. Absolute bull.

Echuca don’t need much on top of what they had this year. Still flag favourites for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll have a few looking over their shoulder. Absolute bull.

Echuca don’t need much on top of what they had this year. Still flag favourites for mine.

With the way things ended last year and the way recruiting has stated I would suggest the top 4 prediction would stay as it was.

1. Echuca (Add Sam Reid)
2. Euroa (Add W.Hayes and keep hope they hang onto everyone else)
3. Seymour (Signed a lot of last years players. Doesn't sound like they have lost anyone nor gained any big names)
4. Ky (Lost a few, gained a few. Paulo back is always intriguing)

I see Echuca / Euroa clearly ahead of Seymour unless the lions can add a star or a few handy players to their list. VFL availability may again tell the tale of the lions season. And Kyabram is very intriguing as I said. Time will tell.

Been well documented that United have lost a heap, The Swans losses are adding up too and Benalla have list a lot more than Mennen and Webster. Likely to be a huge gap between top 5 and the bottom 4- 5.

Think it will be top 4 & a big gap to the rest, think top 4 games will be ok, but standard of other games a big ?

Bears will improve, Lindon alone is a great pick up. I’m hearing he will be luring back a few premiership players. Tatura apparently in talks with a couple of sergents mates who are top liners with VFL experience so hopefully they will improve as well.
A lot of people like to take the negative approach but if you look across all leagues in country vic the gap between the top and bottom sides is always significant. You hardly ever see 150 point thrashings in the gvl like you do in lot of leagues. Check out the Bendigo league, the same sides have been at the bottom for a decade.
The top 4 will be as competitive as it’s been for years and already we have seen some top level talent enter and return to the league. Time to take a glass half full approach in my opinion.

With the way things ended last year and the way recruiting has stated I would suggest the top 4 prediction would stay as it was.

1. Echuca (Add Sam Reid)
3. Seymour (Signed a lot of last years players. Doesn't sound like they have lost anyone nor gained any big names)

I see Echuca / Euroa clearly ahead of Seymour unless the lions can add a star or a few handy players to their list. VFL availability may again tell the tale of the lions season. And Kyabram is very intriguing as I said. Time will tell.
Angus Byrne will be a bonus for Echuca if his back has recovered. Only played 1 reserves game this year

1. Echuca (Add Sam Reid)

No shepp United 😥

1. Echuca (Add Sam Reid)

At the moment my guess would be Echuca Euroa and Ky top bracket and then Seymour Rochester Mooroopna & Mansfield to battle it out for the remaining spots. Still plenty of time to recruit but all the other sides would need an injection of 4 to 6 quality players from this point to play finals.

At the moment my guess would be Echuca Euroa and Ky top bracket and then Seymour Rochester Mooroopna & Mansfield to battle it out for the remaining spots. Still plenty of time to recruit but all the other sides would need an injection of 4 to 6 quality players from this point to play finals.
Can't disagree with you 'Fly although I suspect a full strength Seymour will be a live chance to challenge Echuca, Euroa and Kyabram. I doubt the sides that finish 5th and 6th will have the depth of the top 4 sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back