Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe there's not the same relationship between the league and gv, that was previously there, hence the delay. How many weeks before finals? Whats the incentive to play for clubs and players out of finals race to play 1 or 2 games with no crowds.

I'd imagine Rochy would be hard pressed to get guys into their reserves for 1 or 2 games, no social side to the game, which would be a big part of reserves footy.

Seems odd they would hold off on a decision until they met with the Clubs & then not follow the majority.

Maybe there's not the same relationship between the league and gv, that was previously there, hence the delay. How many weeks before finals? Whats the incentive to play for clubs and players out of finals race to play 1 or 2 games with no crowds.

I'd imagine Rochy would be hard pressed to get guys into their reserves for 1 or 2 games, no social side to the game, which would be a big part of reserves footy.
If staying with grand final on AFL GF Weekend it’s 9 weekends away . So if playing a 4 week finals series and without anymore byes there’ll 3 more rounds after the 7th .

Last edited:

The way it's panned out I think is with the least amount of impact on the remainder of the season.

If the league had its time again I'm not sure that Seymour and Mansfield would have been able to do what they did which has in hindsight thrown things out of whack with the collapsing of the second split round leaving the game from the voluntary bye they took without a spot to play.

They may have ended up needing to play 2 games in 2 days or even midweek as a twilight to get it in.

As it turns out we can now get past this week with parody of games played across the competition.

It is a MASSIVE game for Mansfield if they could possibly knock Seymour off it puts them into 5th position 2 pts clear.

The battle for the last 2 spots in the 6 leaves us with some excitement over the remainder of the H&A.

Fingers crossed this is our last damn lockdown until the season is done but let's face it, we're operating on a knives edge with so much uncertainty around particularly with the inability of our northern neighbours to suppress the virus as a result of their half assed lockdown!

The way it's panned out I think is with the least amount of impact on the remainder of the season.

If the league had its time again I'm not sure that Seymour and Mansfield would have been able to do what they did which has in hindsight thrown things out of whack with the collapsing of the second split round leaving the game from the voluntary bye they took without a spot to play.

They may have ended up needing to play 2 games in 2 days or even midweek as a twilight to get it in.

As it turns out we can now get past this week with parody of games played across the competition.

It is a MASSIVE game for Mansfield if they could possibly knock Seymour off it puts them into 5th position 2 pts clear.

The battle for the last 2 spots in the 6 leaves us with some excitement over the remainder of the H&A.

Fingers crossed this is our last damn lockdown until the season is done but let's face it, we're operating on a knives edge with so much uncertainty around particularly with the inability of our northern neighbours to suppress the virus as a result of their half assed lockdown!

Big big game for Mansfield. I think the best chance for them to knock a top 3 side off is this weekend. Catch Seymour after a break and also make them travelling across to play at Mansfield. Big chance of an upset and as you said huge for the context of their season.

They could have 2 weeks of lightning premierships where's there's no crowds, smaller qtrs, then start finals in two weeks when crowds come back

Thinking outside the square why doesn't the league have a 'festival of football' Round Robin to make up the games lost. 4 X 10 min 1/4s at three or 4 different grounds? Just thinking outside the square.

Big big game for Mansfield. I think the best chance for them to knock a top 3 side off is this weekend. Catch Seymour after a break and also make them travelling across to play at Mansfield. Big chance of an upset and as you said huge for the context of their season.
No chance, Benny Davey has that group well drilled and they are all fit as ever. Have had strict running programs which they all buy into every break. Seymour by 4 goals

No chance, Benny Davey has that group well drilled and they are all fit as ever. Have had strict running programs which they all buy into every break. Seymour by 4 goals

I've heard lots of injuries down at the Den and that depth will be tested Ultra? VFL boys in or out might also play a part. Agree with the fitness, they ran over a few teams late in games this year.

I've heard lots of injuries down at the Den and that depth will be tested Ultra? VFL boys in or out might also play a part. Agree with the fitness, they ran over a few teams late in games this year.
Ran into the general Dylan Scopel last night and he said they were very well prepared and ready to go. Have some of their good kids back along with one of the Werribee boys Malual. The weather could play a part though, Seymour like a fast hands overlap running game. Is that going to hold up in the snow at Mansfield?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ran into the general Dylan Scopel last night and he said they were very well prepared and ready to go. Have some of their good kids back along with one of the Werribee boys Malual. The weather could play a part though, Seymour like a fast hands overlap running game. Is that going to hold up in the snow at Mansfield?

Good player he is! Maybe things are more positive then what I thought. Thank god I never had to play in snow back in my day!

His brother not to bad himself! Who are the best set of brothers currently in the comp?
Gleeson boys are stars as well as the trotters at euroa.

Think you will find that’s Matt Malaul. Played twos at Seymour all year after getting suspended round 1. His brother and Ariek
laul both named for Werribee this week. Think Mansfield could get them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back