Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we really needs stats like this being put out there. Geez. It’s only country footy

d810a22480068b2cc5cbdafc1ec5c00d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we really needs stats like this being put out there. Geez. It’s only country footy

TBH, this whole stats thing is wearing thin when it comes to written articles about games. Stats, this, stats that! I'd like to know about who played a role for the team, match ups, who defended well, coaches comments, injuries etc etc. The game summaries are now just a Stats meat market.

TBH, this whole stats thing is wearing thin when it comes to written articles about games. Stats, this, stats that! I'd like to know about who played a role for the team, match ups, who defended well, coaches comments, injuries etc etc. The game summaries are now just a Stats meat market.
Exactly Ringo stats only tell part of a story, even coaches use them way too much, I recall one game at qtr time the team hadnt scored, the ball hadn't been down there and the coach sees on the stats no tackles inside 50, so he gives his poor fwds a spray saying we need more tackles in the fwd 50.

It was always great to hear of great head to head battles in the paper back in the day. I do recall reading about a couple of your old mates ash Byrne and Hayden price going toe to toe, and then watching it again live in a final

Exactly Ringo stats only tell part of a story, even coaches use them way too much, I recall one game at qtr time the team hadnt scored, the ball hadn't been down there and the coach sees on the stats no tackles inside 50, so he gives his poor fwds a spray saying we need more tackles in the fwd 50.

It was always great to hear of great head to head battles in the paper back in the day. I do recall reading about a couple of your old mates ash Byrne and Hayden price going toe to toe, and then watching it again live in a final
The days when a journalist was at each game were the best. Great coverage and insight into the game. Fortunately or unfortunately, I find this site much more informative.

No need to be abusive.
You’re better than that.
It’s an opinion, he’s allowed to have one.
He’s also allowed to change his opinion.
If someone puts up valid points without calling him an idiot.
Fair enough Cec.

I quoted an adage which is a general expression of truth. Not abuse.

No ageism, (Hello Bush Fly) nor threats of physical violence. (Hello Lion71) The last one occurred on here around the Hardwick incident.

If someone has a particular disproportionate view against one clubs forfeit compared to many others I feel free to take that person to task.

I respect your opinion.

Cheers

025098FC-0444-4D34-B046-36A4A23CEB6A.jpeg
And Collingwood won , stats are for nerds and dills.

No need to be abusive.
You’re better than that.
It’s an opinion, he’s allowed to have one.
He’s also allowed to change his opinion.
If someone puts up valid points without calling him an idiot.
My final point Cec,

You jumped in to chastising me for using an adage. You called it abuse.

The poster referred to me as 'an old bloke from Rochester' ... I find that dismissive 'old bloke' as equally offensive. Its called ageism. I am 55 years old. If I was 65 with an opinion is it less of an opinion because I would be older and wiser?

Half the blokes on here are 40+

On more important footy matters Cec, I suspect Seymours win over Euroa might help slide them into finals. Mooroopna have the toughest task ahead, but if they beat Mansfield this week who knows? It puts Kyabram under pressure. I wouldn't be keen to play Mooroopna or Seymour first round of finals.

Last edited:
My final point Cec,

The poster referred to me as 'an old bloke from Rochester' ... I find that dismissive 'old bloke' as equally offensive. Its called ageism. I am 55 years old. If I was 65 with an opinion is it less of an opinion because I would be older and wiser?

On more important footy matters Cec, I suspect Seymours win over Euroa might help slide them into finals. Mooroopna have the toughest task ahead, but if they beat Mansfield this week who knows? It puts Kyabram under pressure. I wouldn't be keen to play Mooroopna or Seymour first round of finals.
I'd suspect we're all 40+ non playing footy lovers

Fair enough Cec.

I quoted an adage which is a general expression of truth. Not abuse.

No ageism, (Hello Bush Fly) nor threats of physical violence. (Hello Lion71) The last one occurred on here around the Hardwick incident.

If someone has a particular disproportionate view against one clubs forfeit compared to many others I feel free to take that person to task.

I respect your opinion.

Cheers
Thanks for the drive-by silver !!. It was my opinion , as Cec just told you, I'm allowed, your allowed, everyone is is allowed. And I don't threaten physical violence against those who have one that's different to mine , only those with smarta** comments about things in the past that they know absolutely NOTHING ABOUT and keep crapping on about ( ringo1) and that I'd rather forget that. Peace ✌️

My final point Cec,

Could be a defining 3 weeks for Mooroopna ,would be good to see them chalk up 1...or even 2 of their next 3 and go deep into September

Going to be very interesting finish to the season with mansfield moving into second position if they can knock off the cats this week. Euroa must win their next two games and rely on either Mooropna or Kyabram to beat the eagles to maintain second position. Echuca $1.20 flag favourite at this point. Euroa are really missing Jacob Gleeson at the coalface, outside of Jack Hellier no one is filling his void.

Last edited:
Going to be very interesting finish to the season with mansfield moving into second position if they can knock off the cats this week. Euroa must win their next two games and rely on either Mooropna or Kyabram to beat the eagles. Echuca $1.20 favourite at this point. Euroa are really missing Jacob Gleeson at the coalface, outside of Jack Hellier no one is filling his void.
How impressive have Mansfield been !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting former AFL ruck Zac Clarke was suspended for 2 games for engaging in rough play when he hipped and shouldered Eli Templeton resulting him going over the fence, I wonder what a boof head AFL coach thinks of that

Going to be very interesting finish to the season with mansfield moving into second position if they can knock off the cats this week. Euroa must win their next two games and rely on either Mooropna or Kyabram to beat the eagles to maintain second position. Echuca $1.20 flag favourite at this point. Euroa are really missing Jacob Gleeson at the coalface, outside of Jack Hellier no one is filling his void.
Jacob would have been leading their B&F before his foot injury. Imo one of the premier mids in the comp, a huge loss with his inside and outside mix he brings.

Jacob would have been leading their B&F before his foot injury. Imo one of the premier mids in the comp, a huge loss with his inside and outside mix he brings.
Will he be back this year Ultra? If not I can’t see them beating Echuca.
Mansfield the only chance for mine, they have good leg speed and a dangerous forward line. There backline may struggle to contain Echuca though.

Can the swans turn the race to finals on its head once again on their home deck vs Rochy? James Auld back from Murray Bushrangers has been in scintillating form - a star of the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back