Goulburn Valley FL - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Dawes 99% back to united. Forys still a chance too which would have to make united a real contender

Well you lost Freer. You have picked a few up from QLD but the word on one of those is he played 2's in the QAFL and was no star. The young Davies? from nathalia can play and Gemill will be very handy but is 33. Forys is also getting on as well but will no doubt take a good defender. United are coming from a long way back. At this stage a finals appearance is on the cards but how do you fit Mansfield,Ky,Mooroopna,Tatura,Seymour,Echuca,Rochester Swans and United into 6 spots???

I don't know if it's public knowledge, but apparently Shane Woewodin has or will sign with the Swans.

Heard this from a decent source. It could be BS, but that would obviously be a pretty big signing.

Fancy having a team with Robertson, Yze, and Woewodin in it. Surely be the GV club with the most AFL games played in the one team at once? Not really sure what to think of it to be honest.

Fancy having a team with Robertson, Yze, and Woewodin in it. Surely be the GV club with the most AFL games played in the one team at once? Not really sure what to think of it to be honest.

All former Melbourne players though, they can't be that good.

long way to come from Perth each week. swans must have a lot of sunday games as he is coaching east freemantle

I think the idea is he is going to play the 4 weeks that they don't have a game to qualify for finals. Can't see it happening myself but if you told me Robbo and Yze where playing at swans 6 months ago i wouldn't believe it either.

There is also another Melb player that is coming to the Swans as well.
Nathan Brown - that will be announced early in the new year

I think the idea is he is going to play the 4 weeks that they don't have a game to qualify for finals. Can't see it happening myself but if you told me Robbo and Yze where playing at swans 6 months ago i wouldn't believe it either.

Whoever thought of this idea isn't the sharpest tool in the shed coz Woewoedin would need to be cleared each time he wanted to come back to play for Shepp and then back to his WAFL club. Clearances close at the end of june which would mean he could not be cleared back to Shepp after then for finals or back to his WAFL club. Wouldn't think a WAFL club would be keen on a player like him being stuck as a Shepp player for half a season. Doesn't make much sense to me

Whoever thought of this idea isn't the sharpest tool in the shed coz Woewoedin would need to be cleared each time he wanted to come back to play for Shepp and then back to his WAFL club. Clearances close at the end of june which would mean he could not be cleared back to Shepp after then for finals or back to his WAFL club. Wouldn't think a WAFL club would be keen on a player like him being stuck as a Shepp player for half a season. Doesn't make much sense to me

He coaches, doesn't play. (in saying that i guess he'd still need to be cleared back and forth)

Sounds like the Swans will have 4 or 5 ex-Melbourne players. If so would have to be favorites to challenge Mansfield for the flag. I'm sure there will be plenty of sides looking forward to the challenge against the 'star studded' Swans. It's a great challenge for a country footballer to beat an ex AFL star one- on- one.

I think you will find Nathan Brown is playing at Old Scotch in Melb. He hasnt missed a training yet so l wouldnt think he is heading up the highway to shepp

He coaches, doesn't play. (in saying that i guess he'd still need to be cleared back and forth)

David Teague is able to coach (non-playing) in the VFL and play in the PDFL (including finals), so there must be a loop-hole.

David Teague is able to coach (non-playing) in the VFL and play in the PDFL (including finals), so there must be a loop-hole.

not sure exactly how it works but with vfl you have a preferred 'base club' you can be aligned with. when your vfl team doesnt play you can go bak n play for your base club. but im not sure if you still must be cleared or not but i dont think so. would the wafl work the same way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of a murmour that Kane Johnson and Kane Pettifer are a package deal and not neccessarily to Ky

Pettifer might still be playing in Tigers colours this yr but back at the club where it all started. :eek:

Started his Auskick career at Rochy. ;)
Heard a whisper might be on the track this week.:thumbsu:

ky uped the ante end of story. you playing ky thirds mj ?
time will tell boys but i will say it again..ive heard he wont play at all..because he was seriously injured while on ichmonds lists the club has to pay him until he plays again or for 12 months which ever comes first...were talking $200,000 to stay out of footy for a year

time will tell boys but i will say it again..ive heard he wont play at all..because he was seriously injured while on ichmonds lists the club has to pay him until he plays again or for 12 months which ever comes first...were talking $200,000 to stay out of footy for a year

he only has to miss 6 weeks to qualify for that payment. maybe it's 12 months from his last senior game or something like that, but as i said, you're half right but apparently 6 weeks is it. Ky have upped the ante, but it's still nowhere near the offer from Yarrawonga. i think there's still a bit more to be played out with Pettifer yet ..... watch this space.

Word is that Yarra offered Pettifer $10,000 sign on fee plus $2000 a game. Ky cannot match that and have put their offer which is considerably less than this to him. Ky wont budge on their offer and are hoping that he will play due to strong family connections. His mum is assistant coach of the A grade netball, his sisters are returning to play netball there and his future brother in law is also returning to have a kick. Will be interesting to see which way he goes. Hard to believe that a guy who has played at Richmond on a healthy contract and made alot out of his AFL career would be so concerned about chasing $'ss ?

Word is that Yarra offered Pettifer $10,000 sign on fee plus $2000 a game. Ky cannot match that and have put their offer which is considerably less than this to him. Ky wont budge on their offer and are hoping that he will play due to strong family connections. His mum is assistant coach of the A grade netball, his sisters are returning to play netball there and his future brother in law is also returning to have a kick. Will be interesting to see which way he goes. Hard to believe that a guy who has played at Richmond on a healthy contract and made alot out of his AFL career would be so concerned about chasing $'ss ?

that's easy to answer - because the bloke is an oxygen thief that would have starved to death long ago if he hadn't been paid to play AFL. He needs to make as much coin as he can before he's 35 and washed up and has to face the real world and get a real job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back