Workshop Grand Final logo and on-field artwork designs and ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be wrong but I think the club logos face outward while the Toyota logo on the same side looks toward the camera.

Could be wrong but I think the club logos face outward while the Toyota logo on the same side looks toward the camera.
The Toyota logo on the far wing is stretched for perspective at the camera point, as always :)

So the club logos face toward the Great Southern Stand but everything else towards the MCC?

Never really took note but with the Telstra ones facing the camera it could look stupid. Plus the inner Toyota.

So the club logos face toward the Great Southern Stand but everything else towards the MCC?

Never really took note but with the Telstra ones facing the camera it could look stupid. Plus the inner Toyota.
The club logo on the outer side always faced the middle of the outer boundary, as did the "50" on the other end, and the Telstra logo as well before they both moved to the broadcast side.
They're not so much upside-down as on the correct angle for their position on the arc.
Been like this for years, even with the club logos in the GFs.

Attachments

• scaled-afl_grand_final_mcg_mel_r_supplied_sdp_0927_1600x900.jpg
    scaled-afl_grand_final_mcg_mel_r_supplied_sdp_0927_1600x900.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 80
This is my idea of how a three colour team can work, as well as a two colour team without white. If it is absolutely necessary for the white line to stay, then these colours just take the place of the existing red/blue colours.

I have also added another thing I'd like to see return. That is the unique GF logo for each year that they had throughout the 90s, and the massively oversized representations of them taking up the entire wings! (Maybe its just nostalgia from 97 and 98...)

View attachment 420000
This is great foresight!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clutching at straws.
It's a very common "Grand Final"/"big event" style

it’s literally the exact same word mark, minus the outlines.

as always, lynno leaves himself open to copping s**t by not crediting his work and then gets caught out because it’s the centrepiece of what he’s claiming as his work here.

this being said, whilst we all know the history here, at the end of the day it’s not in competition so whatever.

Last edited:
it’s literally the exact same word mark, minus the outlines.

as always, lynno leaves himself open to copping s**t by not crediting his work and then gets caught out because it’s the centrepiece of what he’s claiming as his work here.

this being said, whilst we all know the history here, at the end of the day it’s not in competition so whatever.
I should know it's the same wordmark since the logo I linked was stolen from my recreation of past NRL Grand Final logos that didn't exist anywhere until I re-made all of them from 1998 onwards, complete with incorrect colouring on the lozenge behind the wording.

Do we know if the Gabba will still have the Grand Final field artwork?

On a jumper note, will clubs still be able to get their jumpers done with the heat pressed logo?

Do we know if the Gabba will still have the Grand Final field artwork?

On a jumper note, will clubs still be able to get their jumpers done with the heat pressed logo?
I don’t see why either of those things wouldn’t be able to happen? They’ll probably continue to superimpose the coles logo in the middle of the ground, but otherwise I can’t see any issues.

I don’t see why either of those things wouldn’t be able to happen? They’ll probably continue to superimpose the coles logo in the middle of the ground, but otherwise I can’t see any issues.
I feel as though the opposite will happen. I reckon they’ve been superimposing the coles logo onto the ground because the paint would wear out with so many games being played on the ground, but given the Grand Final will be the last game, I think they’ll give it a fresh paint given they’d be painting the other parts of the ground.

I feel as though the opposite will happen. I reckon they’ve been superimposing the coles logo onto the ground because the paint would wear out with so many games being played on the ground, but given the Grand Final will be the last game, I think they’ll give it a fresh paint given they’d be painting the other parts of the ground.
I had assumed the coles being superimposed was because of the cricket pitch. It was also superimposed at the SCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back