Workshop Grand Final logo and on-field artwork designs and ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

2 years later...

Here we are.
crow28 covered this already, but if fishing for likes helps you sleep at night, go ahead.

My comment was educated when you look at the state the Tigers were in prior to this season.

DKtIBJ4WAAA_GY1.jpg

Btw is there real reasoning behind the white box?
Not that we can work out

2005, 2006, 2014 and 2016 all had it, and yet 2012 didn't

Unlike the Carlton logo from 2006-2014 the official Swans logo doesn't sit inside a box, nor does it ever appear on any merch or placements.

My best guess is they think it looks better, but it looked just as good as any other in 2012.

Interestingly, West Coast had it in 2005/2006 but not 2015...

Not that we can work out

2005, 2006, 2014 and 2016 all had it, and yet 2012 didn't

Unlike the Carlton logo from 2006-2014 the official Swans logo doesn't sit inside a box, nor does it ever appear on any merch or placements.

My best guess is they think it looks better, but it looked just as good as any other in 2012.

Interestingly, West Coast had it in 2005/2006 but not 2015...
Maybe it's because the version for multicoloured backgrounds has white text and it couldn't be seen well on the grass?

Does anyone have a losing team grand final jumper (or any for that manner) that they don't want and i can buy i've always wanted one. My team is Bulldogs so if anyone has last years that would be awesome!

Maybe it's because the version for multicoloured backgrounds has white text and it couldn't be seen well on the grass?
...white shows up great on grass. That's why they paint all the lines using it :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't effect it in 2012

Kind of sort of related possibly...

After countless years of busting my arse trying to make design a career, I've finally done it. And I got to make this for my workplace. Yeeew.

GFday.png

whats up with the purple seats in the opposite pocket?
Probably related to the email I got...

Congratulations! Your seats are located in a special area during the Virgin Australia Pre-Game Show.

500 fans on the ground, 100,000 fans in the stand and millions at home will enjoy an amazing line-up of artists at the Virgin Pre-Game Show at the 2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final. With The Killers headlining, you have a front row seat to see them live.

On the day, you will find a giveaway on your seat, which you are encouraged to use and get into the spirit when The Killers are performing. Be in your seat by 1.30pm to enjoy the show.

Why did you rotate the crows logo?
The only part I don't like. Originally left it the way it was, but our creative director decided he wants it to "fill the space" more.

Apparently this is design; doing what other people want even though you don't like it.

The only part I don't like. Originally left it the way it was, but our creative director decided he wants it to "fill the space" more.

Apparently this is design; doing what other people want even though you don't like it.
I'm not sure how this fills the space more? Surely in the proper orientation you'd just be cropping the sides (as with the Richmond logo) not leaving "white" space

I'm not sure how this fills the space more? Surely in the proper orientation you'd just be cropping the sides (as with the Richmond logo) not leaving "white" space
You're almost repeating what I said. Alas, he's happy, and I'm finally able to use Photoshop for something aside from putting Jake Stringer's head on Essendon player's bodies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back