Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, great win. I think it's shown us that we can do it, particularly the defence. Injuries aside for both teams (obviously ours are way more significant), we probably left some points on the field once again. To not be able to punch it in at the end there isn't great, and you want 7 from that punt turnover. But as Rodgers said, we are a gritty team. You don't need big 20 point wins, you just need to find a way to keep winning and this team seems like it knows how to do that.
We are not immune to a let down game here in the next few weeks against either the Chiefs or Seahawks, but I'm so excited to get back Bakh, MVS and Adams plus the rest.
I wonder if we look at the TE market now, I have seen Engram is available which would be interesting without looking at salary numbers. I wonder though if they will be happy just going with Lewis, Deguara, Dafney. Deguara made a few mistakes with what he was supposed to be doing yesterday it sounded like?
I actually had to listen to Wayne and Larry yesterday rather than watching the game so I've only seen the first half back on replay so far.

I like the look of Deguara too purely as a pass catcher and play maker on what I saw yesterday, hes got some nice athleticism and runs violently once he has the ball, thought he brought some good energy on the plays he was in for, reckon you might have something there if you gave him Tonyan's snaps.

I like the look of Deguara too purely as a pass catcher and play maker on what I saw yesterday, hes got some nice athleticism and runs violently once he has the ball, thought he brought some good energy on the plays he was in for, reckon you might have something there if you gave him Tonyan's snaps.
Apparently Deguara stuffed up some of his assignments, if he keeps doing that then he's not going to get thrown to.

He's effectively in a rookie season though after doing his ACL last year plus having no training camp last year so he can easily turn it around.

I see the weekly threads are still filled with brain dead gronks.
Charming. :rolleyes:

Posts like this don't reflect well on your intelligence.

It's mostly the blow ins who don't really know the game as well who think they can make these big calls without even understanding the sport.
What is it about this forum and the NFL that people here treat the sport as a dick-measuring contest about how knowledgeable they are?

(Probably the main reason I haven't posted a lot on this board over the years, to be honest. Too many nasty know-all campaigners)

I've watched the NFL on and off for my entire life. Longer than you, mate. I may not follow the ins and outs of the Packers as closely as you Green Bay tragics, but I watch enough of the sport to form an opinion and share it with others. No need to look down on others just because you disagree with their opinion.

The game was hyped up as a possible preview to the NFC Championship, but I was completely underwhelmed by what I saw. It was a pretty poor standard game considering the anticipation and build-up.

Okay, I admit I wasn't fully aware of the extent of the Packers injury list. I thought Troy Aikman might've been overplaying it in his commentary. I knew Super-Devante and some two-bit 2nd receiver were missing. Whatever... throw the ball to the other guys... Righto, so it was a pretty good win considering you were missing a bunch of your starters. (So I take back 50% of what I said)

But it wasn't a great game. Arizona sucked. So my point about them still stands. They played at home vs a banged-up Green Bay and got shown up. Overrated. Hopkins got hurt and nobody else stood up. Yeah, they didn't hav J.J. Watt on defence... But guess what? They're not getting him back this season. Stick a fork in him.

I guess I just don't rate their quarterback as highly as everyone else, it seems. I keep hearing all this "Murray for MVP" talk, but I don't see it. Sure, he is fun to watch. He runs around the backfield like a mouse and nobody can catch him. But I don't see him leading his team to the Super Bowl. Too many shitty throws off the back foot under pressure. You watch him throw 2-3 picks in a playoff loss.

As for the Packers, yeah, good team... I'm just not sure if they can be an NFC Championship team this year. My money would be on the Rams, Bucs and Cowboys at this early stage. But there is a long way to go. Championships aren't won in October and a lot can happen between now and January.

Last edited:
I'm Back One Out

You can see people's user names over to the left, Edge Lord
Nah still drawing a blank.

Nice edit there champ, realised it was a bit hypocritical to call someone a peanut after saying it doesn't reflect well on intelligence.

I guess you're one of the brain dead gronks I mentioned if you're getting this worked up about it.

Nah still drawing a blank.

Nice edit there champ, realised it was a bit hypocritical to call someone a peanut after saying it doesn't reflect well on intelligence.

I guess you're one of the brain dead gronks I mentioned if you're getting this worked up about it.
Well, there was only me and one other guy who were pissing on the Packers parade in the weekly thread. My posts in particular triggered half a dozen Cheeseheads into slinging arrows, so I didn't need to be a rocket scientist to work out who you meant.

But I've learned a lot these past 2 days

1. Green Bay has a pretty big injury list
2. Arizona is overrated
3. Packers fans on Big Footy are a touchy bunch who don't take kindly to people talking their team's chances down

Enjoy the season.

Hopefully Aaron Rodgers can smile a bit more, keep doing that belt celebration and find it in his heart to pat his teammates on the back instead of shaking his head, scowling and pointing every time he f**ks up.

What is it about this forum and the NFL that people here treat the sport as a dick-measuring contest about how knowledgeable they are?

(Probably the main reason I haven't posted a lot on this board over the years, to be honest. Too many nasty know-all campaigners)

I've watched the NFL on and off for my entire life. Longer than you, mate. I may not follow the ins and outs of the Packers as closely as you Green Bay tragics, but I watch enough of the sport to form an opinion and share it with others. No need to look down on others just because you disagree with their opinion.

The game was hyped up as a possible preview to the NFC Championship, but I was completely underwhelmed by what I saw. It was a pretty poor standard game considering the anticipation and build-up.

Okay, I admit I wasn't fully aware of the extent of the Packers injury list. I thought Troy Aikman might've been overplaying it in his commentary. I knew Super-Devante and some two-bit 2nd receiver were missing. Whatever... throw the ball to the other guys... Righto, so it was a pretty good win considering you were missing a bunch of your starters. (So I take back 50% of what I said)

But it wasn't a great game. Arizona sucked. So my point about them still stands. They played at home vs a banged-up Green Bay and got shown up. Overrated. Hopkins got hurt and nobody else stood up. Yeah, they didn't hav J.J. Watt on defence... But guess what? They're not getting him back this season. Stick a fork in him.

I guess I just don't rate their quarterback as highly as everyone else, it seems. I keep hearing all this "Murray for MVP" talk, but I don't see it. Sure, he is fun to watch. He runs around the backfield like a mouse and nobody can catch him. But I don't see him leading his team to the Super Bowl. Too many shitty throws off the back foot under pressure. You watch him throw 2-3 picks in a playoff loss.

As for the Packers, yeah, good team... I'm just not sure if they can be an NFC Championship team this year. My money would be on the Rams, Bucs and Cowboys at this early stage. But there is a long way to go. Championships aren't won in October and a lot can happen between now and January.

Well that is a bit of a back track and is a little bit more of a reasonable post but I still don't really agree with everything you're saying which is fine. It was a great game though IMO. Arizona played pretty average and GB should've won by more. And I tend to agree about Murray and wonder if his style of play is completely sustainable against good teams.
We'll find out more as the season goes on as we always do. I think the Cowboys are being a little overrated at this stage personally.

You've been the one to cop it and you've gone back at people but I think a lot of Packers fans are a bit sick of the constant dismissal of their wins and accomplishments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Deguara stuffed up some of his assignments, if he keeps doing that then he's not going to get thrown to.

He's effectively in a rookie season though after doing his ACL last year plus having no training camp last year so he can easily turn it around.

I thought he was drafted for his blocking, shame if he stuffing up the thing he was apparently good for.

Packers went in and got a win against a team who had performed far better than that all season. They made them boring to watch with excellent fundamentals on defense, true fans can appreciate how hard it is to make Murray look that ordinary.

Thought the win came down to coaching, LaFleur gave Kingsbury the business big time.

I thought he was drafted for his blocking, shame if he stuffing up the thing he was apparently good for.
From what I've been reading it wasn't his blocking, so assignments was the wrong word to use there. It was lining up in the wrong position and running wrong routes.

From what I've been reading it wasn't his blocking, so assignments was the wrong word to use there. It was lining up in the wrong position and running wrong routes.

this happened a couple times lining up wrong spots

last season the bucks targeted Jones with questionable hits wherever possible. It happens. Need to have other go tos. Maybe this year is better

MLF loves Deguara. Was the one pushing for the selection in the 3rd apparently. I hadn’t seen it before this game but there is definitely something there to work with. Seems like he’s a bit of a slow burn can’t see any massive jump this year even with Bobby out.

Would LOVE Engram!

Man, take a breath. Sorry they ruined your Friday with a boring game. Were you expecting Rodge to be slinging 50 yard bombs downfield to Juwann Winfree?

MLF won us that game fair and square, brilliant gameplan on both sides of the ball (minus the Redzone offense) utilising the weapons he had to perfection.

This time last year Bucs were getting blown out by 35 by the Saints, things come together. This offense still hasn’t clicked, we’ve got a heap of injuries and we’re 7-1. I’ll take it.

MLF loves Deguara. Was the one pushing for the selection in the 3rd apparently. I hadn’t seen it before this game but there is definitely something there to work with. Seems like he’s a bit of a slow burn can’t see any massive jump this year even with Bobby out.

Would LOVE Engram!

I think Engram is s**t mate, honestly. At the very least hes massively overrated.

anyone else waiting for Brady fanboi BOO to critique the Bucs like he did the Packers or just me?

Beautiful when s**t comes back on someone like this. :tearsofjoy:

Well, there was only me and one other guy who were pissing on the Packers parade in the weekly thread. My posts in particular triggered half a dozen Cheeseheads into slinging arrows, so I didn't need to be a rocket scientist to work out who you meant.

Someone's ego is cashing cheques their posting can't cash... 'triggered' nope... 'half a dozen'... nope. I find you're prone to a bit of exaggeration, which is usually a sign of the nasty know-all campaigners you claim to dislike on this board. That dick measuring you dislike so much as well, you follow up with this beauty

I've watched the NFL on and off for my entire life. Longer than you, mate.

SO, I'm going to flop out my almost 30-year-day-in-day-out-Packer-following flaccid dick, and say you'll have to be a decrepit old campaigner like balmainforever to have been following longer than I have... That being said, there's plenty to enjoy for the casual fan on the NFL Board, and I won't deny, those fans have to earn the respect of the regulars. But maybe try not making outlandish statements without the knowledge to back it up, as watching off and on doesn't always give you a great base knowledge.

But look, you have attempted to remove your head from your arse, I'll pay that, I appreciate you making that effort.

But I've learned a lot these past 2 days

3. Packers fans on Big Footy are a touchy bunch who don't take kindly to people talking their team's chances down

See this is where you've completely mis-read the room. We are our biggest critics for the most part. We have impossibly high standards, and do more talking down of our chances than anyone else, cos we know from recent history that the team is capable of producing s**t at inopportune times. We're under no illusion where we are at.

SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports are "interested" in trading for Evan Engram before the NFL's 4 p.m. trade deadline.
Vacchiano said the Packers have "asked around" about potential tight end trades in recent days following Robert Tonyan's Week 8 season-ending knee injury. Engram, long misused by Giants offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, would be a sensible acquisition for Green Bay if they're willing to pay the price for Engram. A source told Vacchiano that the Giants' asking price for Engram is "higher than you'd think." Engram, who once upon a time (2017) was a top-5 fantasy tight end, would have far more fantasy appeal in Green Bay's offense than he does in New York's vanilla scheme. Kyle Rudolph would become the team's primary pass-catching tight end if Engram departs via trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back