Greyhound Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm keen to get involved in knowing a bit more about the dishlickers - any experts out there keen to impart their wisdom?

I've signed up for 'The Dogs' but honestly have NFI what I am really looking at.

9716267.jpg

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
When its 11pm on a Saturday night and you've done your arse and can barely see straight, make sure you can still make out the trainer name Chris Halse at Cannington. Will save your bacon more often than Pikey does.

When its 11pm on a Saturday night and you've done your arse and can barely see straight, make sure you can still make out the trainer name Chris Halse at Cannington. Will save your bacon more often than Pikey does.
And here I was on Lexia Isaac.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
glad you made this thread Paris, as I was considering doing it myself.
I've spent the last 2 months learning about greys and trying to 'value' bet races. Personally just been sticking to WA - Mandy/Cann as I find it easier to follow the dogs. Dogs that have the quickest 1st sectional times are the best ones to gamble on because they are less likely to be interfered with early. Similarly if a dog is boxed next to 2 dogs that are slow out of the box, they will have room to move early and it gives them a better chance to lead the pack, in short course races like 302M its pretty hard for leaders to get chased down, so this is a big advantage. Looking at box records can also be important, some dogs have good manners from a wide box 7/8. If they have won a good % of races from these wide boxes, you can work out that they stay wide until they can cross to the rail, some dogs immediately cross to the rail from a wide box and if they are not quick out they will find trouble.
Generally, a $3 favourite from box 5 will be pretty good value as markets tend to over-rate box 1.
Lets take a look at Cannington R5 Saturday night. This is probably the highest quality race this whole week:
Contenders:
Tommy Shelby (3) $1.80 - 1st Section 5.42 - PB 29.58 FEB/20
Zack Monelli (7) $3.80 - 1st Section 5.50 - PB 29.47 FEB/20
Fernando Star (8) $4.80 - 1st Section 5.46 PB 29.73 APRIL/20
Withers Monelli (2) $7 - 1st Section 5.44 PB 29.84 MARCH/20

So Zack Monelli is the fastest dog in this race, but from box 7 he could have some trouble here, Fernando Star from box 8 is likely to cross him before the bend and so he will need to chase down the field. Tommy Shelby and Withers will be gunning for the lead on the bend, its hard to say who will lead, if Shelby leads at the bend he will win the race no questions asked.
Hope this helps a little.
Also generally, 0.06 seconds is roughly 1 length

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep dogs don't need to be over engineered. Just a few key pieces of info required

- 70% of dog races are won by the dog that is 1st/2nd at the first corner. So early sectionals are critical
- Dogs draw and whether it is a railer / wide runner aligned with point 1 is important in understanding how the race will evolve. Essentially these 2 points provide the speed map.
- Factor in a small reduction for dogs first time at a track, or first time stepping up in distance. These both adversely impact

Last edited:
Ok sports have MB23 at Albion Park tonight (Sandown too but there are too many first Sandown runnres there).

I'm going to KISS and just look at first split, fastest time and box records. Using that I've come up with the two faves :$

R1 - #3
R2 - #5

Cash is King

Quiet Australian
Sep 8, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Greyhounds Hey!!

Every dog seems to be something monelli and nearest to the railing seems to be favoured more often than not.

Greyhounds Hey!!

Every dog seems to be something monelli and nearest to the railing seems to be favoured more often than not.
You’ve been watching a lot of Cannington then.
I remember when every second winner was a Bale dog.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Ok sports have MB23 at Albion Park tonight (Sandown too but there are too many first Sandown runnres there).

I'm going to KISS and just look at first split, fastest time and box records. Using that I've come up with the two faves :$

R1 - #3
R2 - #5

freida Las Vegas is racing in the 8th at Albion. I don’t think it can beat the favourite but it’s a fun dog to have cash on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Agree with you on the first fav Paris.
3. Special Cyndie
looks good. should get a dream cart to the rail because box 1 & 2 are awful slow. Its 2 biggest threats in box 6 & 7 look likely to get tangled up looking at there sectionals.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
R2 looks a bit trickier. 5 is slow out the box but you can almost forgive that over 710M. Although I don't think it has great value at the current price. 7 should lead the race and at the price ill take it and hope he can hold on

Cash is King

Quiet Australian
Sep 8, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Seven it is. Should come out fast and cross over hopefully in front. The swing in the market and closing gap in prices says something.

Cash is King

Quiet Australian
Sep 8, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Well Techno Hornet look the goods after the first sectional. Would have been home if it was half distance.

Back