GRFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Tambling will be great for the tiges, competition will be tighter this year. Great to see, great for the league. Any up and coming young guns in the competition this year?

Wouldn't you stay with a bit of excitement at tigerland with the new coach and tambling on board?
Has done the hard yards at Macorna for a long time. Like Rowie last year just needed a change and played finals at Wandella. Can’t blame a bloke for wanting out after so many years of being belted

Has done the hard yards at Macorna for a long time. Like Rowie last year just needed a change and played finals at Wandella. Can’t blame a bloke for wanting out after so many years of being belted
I agree exactly... I think people are more than happy to other players going to another club more than 30 odd years ago.. Years ago it was like a bike club, if you left the club your f#$ked , but now I think people are a bit more open to it..
And plus it's not like his sl#t going from club to club getting the biggest coin and chasing flags, his given the club over 15 years of service.. All the best Simon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree exactly... I think people are more than happy to other players going to another club more than 30 odd years ago.. Years ago it was like a bike club, if you left the club your f#$ked , but now I think people are a bit more open to it..
And plus it's not like his sl#t going from club to club getting the biggest coin and chasing flags, his given the club over 15 years of service.. All the best Simon
I don't think anyone, particularly Trent, were/Are critical of him changing club's intra league. Happens in the central murray with likes of OSullivan, Smilie, Erlandson, Holt etc.
Moreso things might look a little more positive this year. But, maybe signed up at Murrabit before hearing about their pickups

I don't think anyone, particularly Trent, were/Are critical of him changing club's intra league. Happens in the central murray with likes of OSullivan, Smilie, Erlandson, Holt etc.
Moreso things might look a little more positive this year. But, maybe signed up at Murrabit before hearing about their pickups
I think Woora have shown it’s actually a bloody good way for clubs to go. O’Neill, Skinner, Cadd, Domaille, Kelly and Stone have all been at other CM clubs before them. 1/3 of their best 18. Even Notting played at Nyah before he went back. It’s hard to do but seems to be very rewarding for clubs who can pull off recruiting within the league

Even with Macorna’s recruiting I can’t see them racing up the ladder this year but it’s a good start if they can keep building from it.

I think Woora have shown it’s actually a bloody good way for clubs to go. O’Neill, Skinner, Cadd, Domaille, Kelly and Stone have all been at other CM clubs before them. 1/3 of their best 18. Even Notting played at Nyah before he went back. It’s hard to do but seems to be very rewarding for clubs who can pull off recruiting within the league

I hate it...really hate it

I hate it...really hate it
Not a lot do. Can hurt sides that can't match the dollar, but then adds a benefit to the points system to prevent club's from loading up on players intra league. It's footy, a lot go back anyways. If one player leaving cripples them then they're well and truly buggered.

I think unless you go and coach, or have a big falling out with the club, it's always been felt large betrayal to play against your old side, history suggests clubs are willing to forgive and forget a player leaving to another league, but when it's within the same league it's always a tough pill to swallow

What was it?

I think unless you go and coach, or have a big falling out with the club, it's always been felt large betrayal to play against your old side, history suggests clubs are willing to forgive and forget a player leaving to another league, but when it's within the same league it's always a tough pill to swallow
I know I didn't mind when Sean Charles and Maurie Day jumped ship 🤷‍♂️
I see it as it's not like suburban melbourne with 30 leagues to choose from. It's going to happen. Can add a bit of spice to a game but it's dependant on the departure. If you club jump multiple times chasing coin, or if it's for opportunity/change after years of service which I wouldn't hate a bloke for.

Last edited:
I know I didn't mind when Sean Charles and Maurie Day jumped ship 🤷‍♂️
I see it as it's not like suburban melbourne with 30 leagues to choose from. It's going to happen. Can add a bit of spice to a game but it's dependant on the departure. If you club jump multiple times chasing coin, or if it's for opportunity/change after years of service which I wouldn't hate a bloke for.

Plum Day didn’t come directly from Woorinen though. He’d been away for a few years

Plum Day didn’t come directly from Woorinen though. He’d been away for a few years
Even if he did, hard to hate the bloke.
I'm not here to change anyone's minds, it's opinion, and personally depends on each case. Like if they give notice so the club can replace or waltz out at the last minute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back