Competitions Guilty Pleasures

Remove this Banner Ad

I like riding a surfmat during peak summer days. Lets me act like a kook running over the tourists between the flags with complete immunity (cos I appear to be one of them!);)

I like riding a surfmat during peak summer days. Lets me act like a kook running over the tourists between the flags with complete immunity (cos I appear to be one of them!);)
Bloody locals

Drinking a beer with a good head...
I got into the scotch last night and am paying a price today. Weighing up the benefit of having an early beer to set my head straight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-runs of the Benny Hill show on YouTube
I would understand it if you said The Goodies or The Kenny Everett Show, but Benny Hill was terrible!

I would understand it if you said The Goodies or The Kenny Everett Show, but Benny Hill was terrible!
The great irony of Benny Hill, lost on many (especially today's crowd)
was in his skits, the man pretty much always lost (the lady was the one with the upper hand).

In other words, Benny was making fun of men being dumb perusing women.

(He was a lonely man, lived in his simple flat for years.)

There is more than one guilty pleasure. For example, I like to drink a beer on my way to the train station.

You'd love Japan. I remember having breakfast one morning and there were all these old boys sinking long necks with their donburi bowls and miso soup for breakfast. I remember thinking this is my kind of place! Also beer in vending machines everywhere, particularly handy at train stations. Of course you do that same thing here it would be bedlam!

You'd love Japan. I remember having breakfast one morning and there were all these old boys sinking long necks with their donburi bowls and miso soup for breakfast. I remember thinking this is my kind of place! Also beer in vending machines everywhere, particularly handy at train stations. Of course you do that same thing here it would be bedlam!

Sake in the morning is a tradition too.

I've always found it sad that in Japan their alcohol is so cheap bar beer, because they have a hops tax or some such rather than straight alcohol tax.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back