Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel bad for the North fans still defending their meaningless win v Suns at the end of last season which cost them Reid.

It’s Billings over Bont, McCartin over Petracca levels of bad.
Even crazier is they are like "Well McKercher is also good" when in actuality they gave up Reid to get Zane Duursma.

They had both McKercher and Reid in the palm of their hands and fumbled the bag.

I had to Google that because it seems ridiculous and sure enough he’s listed at 98kg. Our AFL blokes would have to be the most well-rounded sportsman in the world. Strong, agile, have the cardio endurance of a triathlete and then execute skills off both sides of the body with both hands and feet.

Seriously how does a 98kg behemoth run 12-15 which isn’t just straight line running, but crash and bash, tackled, fall down, stop start. Its mind boggling.

On Reid, anything over 95 kg is too much.
In person the thing about him is his wideness of his upper body/shoulder area. You feel like has a extra 3kg of bone just in that shoulder area of his body or some crap.

98kg is upper body strength but not just muscle, but body mass too i suppose is the word for it. A one in a kind athlete

My recollection of the eagles board at the time was very very different. THere were a lot of melts about winning meanignless gmaes and jeopardising pick 1 after putting us through games where they showed a complete lack of effort.

Those that may have wanted Curtin still wanted pick 1 so they could trade it for 2 and 3 to get Curtin plus McKercher/Sanders etc.,
Yeah I remember it as more mixed on winning the Bulldogs game like you. I think I wasn't a fan of it initially; I was all-in on getting Reid.

But on the back of being accused of outright tanking the Essendon game a couple of weeks before (which was total bullshit), it was great to put those accusers in their place. It probably also saved Simpson's job.

Hindsight's 20/20, but winning the Bulldogs game and still getting Reid was the perfect scenario.

Every club works out ways to try and get around rules to benefit themselves.. It's how it's always been.
The thing is this game was kind of really obvious as to one they could win some 3 weeks out from it. What id have done is simple

• Play Larkey at CHF up the ground the 2 weeks prior. Its something they should trial anyway
  • Only play Goldstein
  • Trial Sheezel on a wing for 2 weeks prior
  • Play Tarryn Thomas deep forward
  • Drop Greenwood and play a youngster

Something crazy about that game is they played Howe, Goldstein, McKay, Perez, Thomas and none are still on the list. Having 5 players in your last game of a season that didnt play the following is crazy. By this time they should have had Dury, Hansen Jnr, Archer, Harvey well in the best 22 of the side

Just a FYI for everyone - You are not allowed to TANK. Drop this s**t already.
You're not allowed to do cocaine either but they AFL sanction a whole testing facility to make sure those who do enjoy cocaine can do it without consequence.

How would anyone know if North tanked?

I 100% would of tanked for him.

Some players are just worth it.
im not sure most people thought Reid would make the impact he has made so early.

I watched his VFL highlights from last year and though "he looks good" but some of the stuff he is dishing up in the AFL this year is way beyond what he was doing last year.

I’ve seen a posters comment that he has arrogance?

In all the interviews I’ve listened from Reid, pre and post draft, comes across as down to earth. And when you watch Harley play, he’s playing like he is loving his footy.
People confuse his on-field swagger with him personally being arrogant.

Very humble guy off-field and quick to credit others. Good case in point was the post-game interview last night when Kath is pumping up Reid and he switches the attention to Waterman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People confuse his on-field swagger with him personally being arrogant.

Very humble guy off-field and quick to credit others. Good case in point was the post-game interview last night when Kath is pumping up Reid and he switches the attention to Waterman.
Also why do we care if players are arrogant? The best players basically all are, it's just a matter of how much they decide to internalise it or project it.

Also why do we care if players are arrogant? The best players basically all are, it's just a matter of how much they decide to internalise it or project it.
Yeah, I think you need that attitude if you want to be truly great. On-field at least. If you can back it up, there's no issue.

Yeah, I think you need that attitude if you want to be truly great. On-field at least. If you can back it up, there's no issue.
I said exactly this earlier in this thread I’m pretty sure. FWIW I don’t think he’s arrogant, looks like a kid enjoying his footy and just so happens to be bloody good at it too.

He’s already making North look very very silly
Joe Biden Oops GIF by The Democrats

Neal Brennan talks about it in his stand-up special Crazy Good... you wanna be the best of all time, you have to be the craziest. Michael Jordan's hobby was basketball, his passion was revenge. Lance Armstrong wasn't an athlete, he was a criminal who found a bike. All Tiger Woods did was golfin' and ****in', once he stopped ****in', his golfin' got worse.

Anyway, we're a team that is 3-7 and third last and it's one of the most fun seasons to watch in a long time. He's the biggest part of that.

A lot of people say North should have tanked. But how? Without it looking obvious?
Play all the kids? Play players out of position?

The last thing that club needs is an obvious tanking stain over their heads.
Although everyone would have understood and forgiven them after seeing 3 Reid games.

They are doing a pretty good job this year..

your avatar is a tattooed model poorly photoshopped into a Collingwood kit which I assume fulfils some fantasy of yours, and you’re suggesting we are being weird

bro let us glaze Harley the kid is special
Also the photo isn't photoshopped. Michelle Bombshell McGee received that custom signed jumper from Dane Swan in 2011. You are wrong, which isnt surprising given your posting history.

Your excused.. and im not your brah.

Also the photo isn't photoshopped. Michelle Bombshell McGee received that custom signed jumper from Dane Swan in 2011. You are wrong, which isnt surprising given your posting history.

Your excused.. and im not your brah.
Suggesting there was more received than the jumper!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back