Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Watson.

Can I ask a Victorian….why has he endured so very long in the media in Victoria?

I mean, he was a great player for sure….a failed coach though obviously, he has never really been a particularly interesting person to listen to about the game and definitely not one to think outside the box - he’s also unashamedly bias towards his former club and his conduct in the media around his son’s doping ban was just pathetic really - remember those weird ‘Dad and Uncle Brucey’ moments on 7?

Christ.

How is he STILL working?
Because he was the Harley Reid of the 1970s, knocking blokes over at FIFTEEN

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh yeah I’m fully aware he was a wiz kid etc.

…but that was 45 years ago and he’s been retired for over 30 years.

I just assumed there must be something else?
He fits in pretty well with the rest of Melbourne's boring and talentless media line-up imo

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crickets from Vic media? How strange. How odd that will not be on millions of sites in the coming days.

Your slobber is disgusting

Vic media:

Lord Of The Rings GIF by Maudit

The thing that amazes me about Harley Reid is his uncanny ability to absorb tackle pressure. How is it possible for someone to enter the league and essentially render tackles ineffective, as if saying, "Tackles don't apply to me, thanks for trying"? He makes the opposition look like they're part of an aikido demonstration, giving himself extra steps to find a target.

Speaking of his disposal, the only other Eagle I've seen who can weight his kicks to his teammate's advantage as well as Reid is Shannon Hurn. While Hurn did it over 60 meters, Reid's kicks, though shorter, consistently put his teammates in advantageous positions. After just 9 games, it's becoming clear that Reid's precision and vision are not just flashes of brilliance but a reliable aspect of his game.

You mean the guy the AFL stole from us to play in their latest franchise? The guy who we got heck all for? We should have got him back for nothing. The AFL pissed away his best years playing for nothing.
So unless he is playing for Geelong he is playing for nothing? love to see that fixture

Geelong vs Geelong VFL
Geelong Grammar vs Geelong old boys
Premiers Geelong

Yes, those family demands that could only be satisfied at one of the two clubs in his home state. Happy we moved him on anyway. He's proven with WCE he was propped up by the Geelong side in his first couple of years. We got Cameron and a flag out of it while WCE disintegrated into dust, thus earning them Harley Reid, who will be gone in two years.
Look at you getting all bent out of shape...🤣
Sad Baby GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit he caught my attention recently. Certainly looks like he will keep his spot in the side the way he's going.
Honestly, he’s that good that if he keeps racking up 20+ disposals for the rest of the year, West Coast will win most of their remaining games.

But it’s a big if and I doubt he plays as well as he did against the Dees each week.

He’s probably going to be the best player in the comp by his third year.

The thing that amazes me about Harley Reid is his uncanny ability to absorb tackle pressure. How is it possible for someone to enter the league and essentially render tackles ineffective, as if saying, "Tackles don't apply to me, thanks for trying"? He makes the opposition look like they're part of an aikido demonstration, giving himself extra steps to find a target.

Speaking of his disposal, the only other Eagle I've seen who can weight his kicks to his teammate's advantage as well as Reid is Shannon Hurn. While Hurn did it over 60 meters, Reid's kicks, though shorter, consistently put his teammates in advantageous positions. After just 9 games, it's becoming clear that Reid's precision and vision are not just flashes of brilliance but a reliable aspect of his game.

Yeah I obviously heard and read all the hype and watched the highlights but his disposal wad never really mentioned as a strength (could be wrong) I didn't expect it to be so good. His pinpoint pass to Cripps on the weekend as an example. Rarely wastes it at all

Crickets from Vic media? How strange. How odd that will not be on millions of sites in the coming days.

Your slobber is disgusting

Never been a fan of Tim Watson but that is some of his worst work.

When Rankine decided to head home he had people in the media legitimately telling him he was being poorly advised.

Meanwhile, Reid genuinely seems to be thriving, and you have media types trying to push him to say he’s homesick.

But yeah, Vic bias in footy ain’t a thing…

Tim Watson.

Can I ask a Victorian….why has he endured so very long in the media in Victoria?

I mean, he was a great player for sure….a failed coach though obviously, he has never really been a particularly interesting person to listen to about the game and definitely not one to think outside the box - he’s also unashamedly bias towards his former club and his conduct in the media around his son’s doping ban was just pathetic really - remember those weird ‘Dad and Uncle Brucey’ moments on 7?

Christ.

How is he STILL working?

Never been a fan of Tim Watson but that is some of his worst work.

When Rankine decided to head home he had people in the media legitimately telling him he was being poorly advised.

Meanwhile, Reid genuinely seems to be thriving, and you have media types trying to push him to say he’s homesick.

But yeah, Vic bias in footy ain’t a thing…
Completely unprofessional, and he's just the tip of the iceberg. If he was a west australian player at a melbourne club he wouldn't have been asked a single one of those types of questions, but being a victorian in WA he gets 5 every interview, pathetic "journalism".

Like a lot of people, Ive watched the Harley goal a few times. Adam Simpson must have also watched it a few times

A side discussion is the collateral damage that is Luke Edwards (#16).

Watch the footage from the first few seconds and watch Edwards. WTF is he doing? Should have blocked Petracca but just trails off to the wing and avoids contact. No wonder hes omitted this week. Thats just basic play. Too slow to make himself an option and wont make a pretty basic block to protect his team mate. At least slow Petracca down by getting in his way.

Like a lot of people, Ive watched the Harley goal a few times. Adam Simpson must have also watched it a few times

A side discussion is the collateral damage that is Luke Edwards (#16).

Watch the footage from the first few seconds and watch Edwards. WTF is he doing? Should have blocked Petracca but just trails off to the wing and avoids contact. No wonder hes omitted this week. Thats just basic play. Too slow to make himself an option and wont make a pretty basic block to protect his team mate. At least slow Petracca down by getting in his way.

I think you’re over analysing that play. Edwards was in a reasonable spot for a handball and runs to receive it, realistically handballing to him there is the percentage play and the the right call for 90% of players.

Once Harley ignores him he’s completely out of position to put a block on, and if he busts his ass to get there he most likely doesn’t and puts himself out of position to defend a turnover. I think if you hyper analyse every game you’ll probably find hundreds of instances of players jogging when they maybe could have impacted a contest.

I think you’re over analysing that play. Edwards was in a reasonable spot for a handball and runs to receive it, realistically handballing to him there is the percentage play and the the right call for 90% of players.

Once Harley ignores him he’s completely out of position to put a block on, and if he busts his ass to get there he most likely doesn’t and puts himself out of position to defend a turnover. I think if you hyper analyse every game you’ll probably find hundreds of instances of players jogging when they maybe could have impacted a contest.
We will agree to disagree on this one.
Was an obvious block and watch how slow he is at running. he cant keep up with the play so dont think he was in a "reasonable spot".

Anyway Simmo obviously agrees with me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back