Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes certainly leading the most ducks by a 1st year player stat though
Players need to learn to tackle.

Players get angry with Harley fending off that they go at Harley with intensity in tackles throwing technique out the window.

Anyone who knows footy knows when you tackle angry you risk technique.

Perhaps players should learn to tackle Harley at the hips rather then try to karate chop his forearm?

Just look at Rioli tackle on Harley.

Start dishing up performances like these on the regular again and you’d reckon Harley hype will want back home sooner rather than later
That what quitters do. Harley ain't no quitter. Actually saw the tape you might be right. He looks rather checked out
2024-05-26 18-28-36.gif

Last edited:

People need to learn to tackle.

Players get angry with Harley fending off that they go at Harley with intensity in tackles throwing technique out the window.

Anyone who knows footy knows when you tackle angry you risk technique.

Perhaps players should learn to tackle Harley at the hips rather then try to karate chop his forearm?

Just look at Rioli tackle on Harley.
Have to say that he has not once infringed while "fending" as that Richmond chap was once known to do, endlessly.

LOL, just not willing to give credit are you? This says more about us as a young team that is good at home and poor away. Last week, we negated Gawn and outplayed you in the middle. Accept it.
a top 4 team doesn't play well and get beaten by a bottom 2 team. You beat us when we played our worst game in a decade. Goodwin acknowledged at today's presser just how poor we performed. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the 1 week in the sun :p

This kid will be a star but the gushing over him in the commentary was embarrassing today. He could have sharted and walked off the ground with poop streaming down his legs and Dwayne would have loved it.
This is new world hype levels. I can’t remember this level of hype since… Naitanui? His career was very good at times, but largely not that special

This is new world hype levels. I can’t remember this level of hype since… Naitanui? His career was very good at times, but largely not that special

**** off. Ginnivan had it for a minute. That Western Bulldog with the hair too. They both fell into the trap of drinking their own bubble tea and imploding. Matt Rowell had a minute in the sun until he got injured as well.

Daicos, whichever one is the good one? Last year you couldnt leave the house without some AFL media campaigner pestering you about him until you made it to your car and locked the door.

**** off. Ginnivan had it for a minute. That Western Bulldog with the hair too. They both fell into the trap of drinking their own bubble tea and imploding. Matt Rowell had a minute in the sun until he got injured as well.

Daicos, whichever one is the good one? Last year you couldnt leave the house without some AFL media campaigner pestering you about him until you made it to your car and locked the door.
I was referring to #1 picks and the hype on them. Reid was your entire newspaper for a few months, he was that hyped.

Matt Rowell started his career better than any #1 pick I can remember and deserved the hype.

Of course N. Daicos was not #1, but he has been unbelievable and deserves the hype. Reid has done some good things and will be good, but he is no Daicos.

a top 4 team doesn't play well and get beaten by a bottom 2 team. You beat us when we played our worst game in a decade. Goodwin acknowledged at today's presser just how poor we performed. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the 1 week in the sun :p
Had three weeks in the sun so far; given where we were expected to be in terms of our rebuild this year, I've quite enjoyed them, thank you very much. Will enjoy the rise up the ladder in coming years as well.

Goodwin's a druggo.

Interesting words from your captain, who said WCE were the best team they'd played all year(for that game).

Said they had no answers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just catching up with some of the highlights…

Any reason why he was getting booed by the usual pack of arseholes over there? Did he do anything to justify that? Or just because they choose to be boorish turds against a first year player when 12 goals up?
Tall poppy syndrome I imagine. The coverage of him has become too much though.

He's having a very good first year, the challenge for most elite guys in their first years are to follow it up with a better second year and not fall into the second year blues.

Well I think Harley Reid is pretty good.We lost by 99 points against Adelaide but at one point when he was in 'the zone' Reid took a mark or had a free kick or some shit and he ran up to the man on the mark and just pushed him over with one hand and kept going .haha haha I love seeing that .
As he gets more experienced he will be in that frame of mind for more of the game time you'd hope. At the moment he is on for a while then not on for a while focus wise I mean.
Screenshot_20240527-101211_Chrome Beta.jpg

A flag? lol. I warned you when I said that last week was more about how bad Melbourne were more than how good WCE were. This weeks result is a reminder of that. Melbourne were just so bad last week.
ever heard the old saying "you only play as well as the opposition allows"?

I see our WA friends are still grumpy about that one. Then again, the Eagles could have drafted Tim Kelly but didn't, then tried to tap up a first year player since he turned out to be a lot better than they thought.
HE wanted to come home for family support with his kids who require additional support. It wasn't because of sooky homesickness. Do you seriously think Geelong made reasonable demands compared to what they gave up for Dangerfield, arguably the best player in the game at the time? We should have said stick it and sent him to the PS draft.

Coming home is part of the reason. To get more money and play for a bigger club aren't the things that are polite to say.

If swapping pick 4 or 5 nets us a KPD with 9 (who is worth that pick) and a decent mid with 10 we will hopefully do it in a heartbeat.

A lot will depend on how the year plays out for the potential draftees.
a ruckman and a key defender should be a priority!

ever heard the old saying "you only play as well as the opposition allows"?
umm yes, because we allowed you to play well by being horrific the entire game. WCE fans chose to ride into the win but if they analysed the game properly they should've seen that the story was more how bad melbourne were. So WCE fans shouldn't be too surprised at the result to Adelaide if they analysed the dees game properly.

umm yes, because we allowed you to play well by being horrific the entire game. WCE fans chose to ride into the win but if they analysed the game properly they should've seen that the story was more how bad melbourne were. So WCE fans shouldn't be too surprised at the result to Adelaide if they analysed the dees game properly.
no, you played horrifically because that's how we allowed you to play!

no, you played horrifically because that's how we allowed you to play!
so what you're saying is that you don't think that in a footy game teams ever just play poorly. it's always because the opposition didn't allow them? that's the biggest crock ever.

Melbourne started about 5-10m off their players even at the stoppage. That's got nothing to do with wce. that's defensive intent by us. and the worst I've seen in a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back