Harness Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Bling It On squibs it as usual. LOL.

The top 3 in that were absolutely fantastic runs. Cruz Bromac and Thefixer to be expected but A Gs White Socks has come from the clouds.

Power Rankings:

100 Ultimate Sniper
98 Chase Auckland
95 A Gs White Socks
94 Ashley Locaz
92 Cruz Bromac
91 Thefixer
91 Triple Eight
90 Colt Thirty One
90 San Carlo
85 Mach Shard
80 Dance Time
75 Classie Brigade
70 Sicario
70 Star Galleria
65 Solid Gold
65 The Devils Own
65 Henry Hubert
60 Our Uncle Sam
55 Conviction
50 On The Cards
50 Atomic Red
45 Check In
30 Bling It On
U/R Another Masterpiece

Fields for the second round of heats are out

Pacers Ht1 we get to see some good cross over form with Chase Auckland drawn 1 and A Gs White Socks in 3. Colt 31 drawn better as well so expect him to roll forward to the death and run a good race. Ashley Locaz and Thefixer drawn out the back but will be rattling home. Kiwi Mate a place chance from that draw.

Pacers Ht2 very interesting barrier draw here. If San Carlo can hold the lead he should just about win but Bling It On a big chance to run him down as well. Ultimate Sniper and Cruz Bromac could lob close together in the run so get some beautiful crossover form from those two. Depending on what some of the lesser horses do drawn inside of him this could make or break Triple Eights finals chances.

Trotters Ht1 Habibi Inta gets a chance to bounce back from that draw. McLovin will be able to settle midfield or a touch worse so will at least be a chance to collect some big points after missing heat 1. Winterfell and Majestic Man good chances also.

Trotters Ht2 Marcoola draws the pole again will start favourite. Tough Monarch might bounce back with a softer run, Temporale will be thereabouts and can't write off Paramount King after his win or Big Jack Hammer setting the National record out in front last heat.

Trotters ht 1 tonight Majestic Man a good run. Habibi Inta surely cant win this series - not going well enough. Ordinary drive on Winterfell but bigger fish to fry obviously - horse still went good.

Ultimate Sniper absolutely massive. 3wide most of the race and runs away from them. Cruz Bromac made late ground but the rest ordinary. Bling ran home ok with his soft run

Good win Temporale but Paramount King massive and Marcoola ticking along nicely. Tough Monarch might find it hard to qualify for the final now - similar to Colt 31 and Bling It On in the pacers.

Tough Monarch just not going well enough. Skipped away but tried to tag PK home and couldn't keep up. Wouldn't be surprised if they come home now.
I thought he was actually a decent run considering he gave them a fair headstart.

Set too hot a speed in the first heat.

Still a reasonable chance if things go right.

Power Rankings after the second round of heats

100​
Ultimate Sniper
95​
Cruz Bromac
93​
A G S White Socks
92​
Thefixer
85​
Bling It On
85​
Mach Shard
85​
Chase Auckland
82​
Ashley Locaz
77​
Dance Time
75​
My Kiwi Mate
75​
Classie Brigade
75​
Sicario
75​
On The Cards
75​
Henry Hubert
75​
Our Uncle Sam
75​
Triple Eight
75​
Devils Own
75​
Another Masterpeice
70​
San Carlo
55​
Check In
55​
Star Galleria
50​
Atomic Red
50​
Colt Thirty One
45​
Solid Gold
45​
Conviction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A G's White Socks run was every bit as impressive but drops points only on the basis of how sensational Ultimate Machete was. Cruz Bromac a big run as well.

A stack rated around 75 - mile racing probably tends to not let every horse show their all so everything was running on good around that range. Longer distance usually seperates the wheat from the chaff.

Chase Auckland probably a bit disappointing, San Carlo excuses that he isn't a sit sprinter and had tyre problems late, Colt 31 excuses 3 wide trip.

Top 4 may have seperated themselves tonight.

Interesting if Ashley Locaz actually scores up with them for once.

Pretty much agree with those rankings at the top end although I'd mark Bling It On lower, been disappointing IMO.

Unless the tough run has flattened US it's a clear standout. Running hot quarters parked no cover and kicking clear like that is just not done, then holding off CB who is also a class act.

Draw will play a massive part but all things being equal there looks like only 4 live hopes.

Pretty much agree with those rankings at the top end although I'd mark Bling It On lower, been disappointing IMO.

Unless the tough run has flattened US it's a clear standout. Running hot quarters parked no cover and kicking clear like that is just not done, then holding off CB who is also a class act.

Draw will play a massive part but all things being equal there looks like only 4 live hopes.
Yeah Bling first run was pathetic. He got his favoured sit sprint run last night but drawn wide Friday so will go like pus again.

US now guaranteed a finals spot. Drawn back line 3rd round of heats so gets to just sit in behind them and run along home to save energy for the final.

Tough Monarch drawn the pole and back to his favoured long distance. Probably only need to run top 5 to make the final but it is the strongest trotters heat

I try not to bet in the heats because it can skew your thinking for the final but given Ultimate Sniper has qualified they could just give him an easy run so it is absolutely ludicrous to be taking the $1.40. Chase Auckland $5/$1.60 looks a great go. Nothing has the speed to cross him. If he does hand up to something it will either be Colt 31, US, or Ashley Locaz who all three will take him into the lane and get place money. He wont end up 3 back because Purdons won't let him. Sneaky win bet but place special.

I try not to bet in the heats because it can skew your thinking for the final but given Ultimate Sniper has qualified they could just give him an easy run so it is absolutely ludicrous to be taking the $1.40. Chase Auckland $5/$1.60 looks a great go. Nothing has the speed to cross him. If he does hand up to something it will either be Colt 31, US, or Ashley Locaz who all three will take him into the lane and get place money. He wont end up 3 back because Purdons won't let him. Sneaky win bet but place special.
Agree on US, especially off the tough 2nd heat they'll be very keen for a soft run. Going nowhere near it for heat 3

Ultimate Sniper not quite as dominant but a fantastic win nevertheless. Hard to get much out of the other heat when it was just a trackwork outing for the first two.

I thought Ashley Locaz run was full of merit. A Gs White Socks was unable to produce a run as good as his first two heats

Ultimate Sniper
100​
Cruz Bromac
97​
Thefixer
97​
Ashley Locaz
96​
Chase Auckland
90​
Mach Shard
90​
Colt Thirty One
85​
Sicario
85​
A Gs White Socks
80​
Triple Eight
80​
Another Masterpeice
80​
San Carlo
75​
My Kiwi Mate
75​
Solid Gold
70​
The Devils Own
70​
Our Uncle Sam
65​
Henry Hubert
60​
Check In
60​
Classie Brigade
60​
Conviction
50​
Dance Time
50​
Star Galleria
50​
Bling It On
40​
Atomic Red
30​

Pre-draw I have it

Ultimate Sniper
2​
Thefixer5.5
Cruz Bromac
5.5​
Ashley Locaz
11​
A Gs White Socks
15​
Chase Auckland
18​
Triple Eight
21​
Mach Shard
31​
San Carlo51
Sicario81
My Kiwi Mate
101​
On The Cards
201​

Place special $$$ got up

Comparing my draw to the the TAB

tab.com.au/racing/2019-12-14/H/Harness%20Futures/Inter%20Dominion%20Pacing%20Final%20(Pre%20Draw)?futures=true

They haven't marked A Gs White Socks as hard after last nights poorer performance.

They also aren't judging Ashley Locaz as high as I do. He is the value in the market along with Thefixer who I think it getting near back to his best. Will have small pre-draw nibble on those two.

Chase Auckland has had some beautiful runs this series and hasn't had a win, hard to see how he could win the final.

Purdons domination means there is going to be some new drivers for horses which is a query.

Ultimate Sniper the clear and deserved favourite though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back