Preview Hawks v Suns - changes and all that stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Langford makes me so frustrated. Always gives 110% with some fantastic efforts and has both good speed and strength. But he butchers his disposal and butchers his shots on goal. I liked what he provided against Adelaide, but I think I'm resigned to the fact that I'm going to be frustrated with his disposal. Death, taxes and Langford's disposal being shoddy.

Ins: Frawley
Outs: Brand

I hope we remember what they did to us last year and come out angry. Their midfield is horrible and, based on recent performances, we should run riot.

In: Frawley, Worpel/Whitecross/Someone

Out: Brand, Langford

Frawley for Brand is easy. Langford's effort was solid and people are going to have rose coloured glasses with his smother/tackle effort which even I was cheering for. But his disposal was beyond woeful. His 11 disposals went @ 27.3% efficiency.

You cannot carry this kind of player against good sides.

Last edited:
Brand out for Frawley.

Langford was poor with the ball but his pressure was outstanding. Tassie games are always scrappy and the sort of pressure he was applying tonight could be useful in those conditions.

If Worpel or Swiss play a blinder at BH then they should come in for Langers but otherwise just the one change.

Langford is good at a lot of stuff but his kicking is just woeful...a real shame cos he brings a lot but it just comes completely undone when he puts boot to ball.

We owe these muppets a thumping big time to make up for last year's 2 embarrassing losses

In: Frawley, Worpel/Cousins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not get carried away with this win. Our skill level is worlds away from the 3peat era, our midfield depth is extremely thin and we have forgotten how to score. Don't forget the Crows for this season are on their knees.

As for changes, Morrison needs a spell. Purely outside at this stage of his career and just isn't getting enough of it or influencing. Let him have a run at Box Hill and work hard for 30

Would love to see Cyril come back in but if not an option, I would include Glass and MAKE him use his run

As an aside, could Stratton be leading the B&F?

Last edited:
Important that Glass has his family coming over in July (not exactly sure when).

I am a fan.... and he is especially important given he is part of our young brigade. He has to come in soon.

Suddenly, with this soft draw, and very few injuries, it feels like a struggle to decide who misses out. Only two weeks ago i found it hard to pick who deserves to play.

Langford was terrible. A couple chases and tackles are not extras, they are unconditional acts you carry out for your team especially if you don’t get the ball much and when you do you can’t kick for s**t!

In: Frawley, Worpel/Whitecross/Someone

Frawley for Brand is easy. Langford's effort was solid and people are going to have rose coloured glasses with his smother/tackle effort which even I was cheering for. But his disposal was beyond woeful. His 11 disposals went @ 27.3% efficiency.

Totally agree. He won’t improve either. He’s just depth.
Shame... cause I just love his effort.

If you thought tonight's game was bad viewing then this is going to be about 3x worse at minimum.

There have been so many lacklustre games over the years I’d say we are are due to win a game in Tasmania in convincing fashion.

Ultimately, the suns apart from some early season form, have showed little. We need to win well, not only to make up for last year, however to stay in touch with the top 8.

7-5 with a percentage of 110 in most seasons has you further up the table, however such is the gap that we hang on precariously.

Re changes, Langford isn’t at the level unfortunately. Sad to see really. He has absolutely no confidence with ball in hand. Did well on the big stage in 2014 and will be remembered for this. Would love to see worps in however that’s my bias.

Frawley was building since the Sydney game with solid performances against coast and port. In for brand who is jittery with ball in hand.

Side note: haven’t scored 100 points since the Melbourne game. Really need to put together four quarters. On the flip side, we haven’t conceded much (but for Brisbane). Just need to hit targets inside 50!

KOLOKOTRONIS

Last edited:
Langford's effort was solid and people are going to have rose coloured glasses with his smother/tackle effort which even I was cheering for. But his disposal was beyond woeful. His 11 disposals went @ 27.3% efficiency.

Gold Coast are not a good side.

We only have to beat the bad sides to make finals.

If...cyril was here......Ollie was match fit......worps was two years older....

Langers wouldn't be playing .

But right now he's the best we've got for the role clarko needs filled. So I guess we have suck it up and cheer him on.

Let's not get carried away with this win. Our skill level is worlds away from the 3peat era, our midfield depth is extremely thin and we have forgotten how to score. Don't forget the Crows for this season are on their knees.

As for changes, Morrison needs a spell. Purely outside at this stage of his career and just isn't getting enough of it or influencing. Let him have a run at Box Hill and work hard for 30

Would love to see Cyril come back in but if not an option, I would include Glass and MAKE him use his run

As an aside, could Stratton be leading the B&F?

really like how morrison is developing. No need to go back to BH. He is not required to pick up 30 possessions, just influence contests and use the ball well, as he does. Lots of quality in this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back