Opinion Hawthorn V Carlton - NAB Challenge - Result and Margin .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I envy that relationship... I seriously once was trying to explain the game during a carlton game and after a few minutes of explaining I turned around to see if my wife was still there, she was... But sleeping, possibly the deepest sleep she's ever had!! :(
Met my wife when the club invited a few vocal supporters on Twitter to PP for a club Social. Then a fair chunk of the same group that attended the Social arranged to book a couple of Tables and go to the B&F. The now wife sat next to me and it went from there. Majority of those people that went to the Social and B&F we're now friends with. A few BF regulars were at that table and at the Social. The wife is also on BF but is more a TC regular.

The best thing about being married to another Carlton nut... we both don't want to talk to anyone else or another when we lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha!! Good to see a fellow Star Wars nerd.

The things people get up to on the internet...

http://makingsenseofthekesselrun.blogspot.co.uk
A bit off topic and probably not the place for this convo, but there's a flaw in that article. He states that Han is using the parsecs as a claim of the ship's speed, but then lists the dialogue in that scene. To me he's using the 12 parsecs as an explanation of the ship's claim to fame.
Han Solo: I'm captain of the Millennium Falcon. Chewie here tells me you're lookin' for passage to the Alderaan system?
Obi-Wan: Yes indeed, if it's a fast ship.
Han Solo: Fast ship? You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? (as if it's famous for something)
Obi-Wan: Should I have? (what did it do?)
Han Solo: It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. (reason you should have heard of it) I've outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now. She's fast enough for you old man. (followed by claims of its speed)

There is a chance the Hawks bring a younger team to Tasmania due to their senior players being 4 weeks behind ours in pre-season. We bring a strong list with only a few Best 22 missing as we need all the time we can get to get a team to gel with the new game plan. Their is therefore a chance we dominate and win by 5-10 goals.

Their is also a chance they bring all their senior players to Tasmania (so they are seen to honour their sponsorship with bringing their stars and then rest them in later games). We bring our strongest list as per above and we overrun them due to our younger, fitter list and win by five goals as their old guys are still in their peak pre-season training load.

Both of those eventualities have a 10% probability of occurring, pretty good chance that we spend the next 2-3 months trying to perfect our gameplan and suffer losses when structures breakdown. It will subsequently be a wild ride but hopefully we will see lots of "sprouts of improvement"

I live in hope that Bolton is a miracle worker and it clicks straight away.

A bit off topic and probably not the place for this convo, but there's a flaw in that article. He states that Han is using the parsecs as a claim of the ship's speed, but then lists the dialogue in that scene. To me he's using the 12 parsecs as an explanation of the ship's claim to fame.
Han Solo: I'm captain of the Millennium Falcon. Chewie here tells me you're lookin' for passage to the Alderaan system?
Obi-Wan: Yes indeed, if it's a fast ship.
Han Solo: Fast ship? You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? (as if it's famous for something)
Obi-Wan: Should I have? (what did it do?)
Han Solo: It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. (reason you should have heard of it) I've outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now. She's fast enough for you old man. (followed by claims of its speed)
Always agreed - I image space travel would involve a lot of planning of routes (evidenced by Solo/Skywalker conversation aboard the Falcon when Luke wanted them to go to light speed faster), and Solo was boasting of his superior piloting to do the Kessel run in the shortest form possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back