Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of papers, photos of the Broadford v Heathcote brawl has made top story in the sport section of todays weekly times. A few photos of it and other photos of the footy action.

Also a photo of Ronnie O'Neil at our game on Saturday.

Must admit I did see Yuri there Saturday and after the clash I hoped he didn't get any shots of the scuffle, but some great shots of the game which will no doubt get a run on both clubs boards this week

He is no chance to go back there in any capacity from what I understand.
How many coaching positions do you guys reckon will be vacant at seasons end? I reckon there could be as many as 5 or 6 clubs on the look out.

Do know for a fact that Elmore and North have had talks with possible senior coachs for next year:thumbsu:

More importantly guys, What's happened to the Hill Bully?

Fantom:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Still here Fantom. Just been flyin low for a little while. Things haven't changed in my absence though. The big ump is still full of sh*t. Teddy has got no idea and the only time RWB gets on the thread is when the dim sim shop shuts. Thank christ the rest of you blokes talk a bit of sense:thumbsu:

Thanks for you concern though mate.

RWB what about Mark Norton for the Huntly job??

Still here Fantom. Just been flyin low for a little while. Things haven't changed in my absence though. The big ump is still full of sh*t. Teddy has got no idea and the only time RWB gets on the thread is when the dim sim shop shuts. Thank christ the rest of you blokes talk a bit of sense:thumbsu:

Why don't you go for the Huntly job??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hope all is well bigdog08 its only $1.50 can u lend me a dollar;)

i would you know that but i just bought all the copies i could get my hands on as my beautiful face makes an appearance in it!! maybe ill cut one out and sign it for you and the family, just make it out to Mr and Mrs Power Forward:D

who is Mark Norton ? dan geary would be a good coach.
:thumbsu:

there is no hope mate. just suggested huntly needs somebody who knows alot of people on and off the footy ground. a big name around bendigo is a coach there after. filo. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Big game between Huntly and Locky this saturday, Huntlys got a great raffle running down there for a trailer, mig welder and heaps of other stuff it's drawn in about four weeks at a final there hosting. Hope all the good people of Locky can show there support for the ailing Hawks and buy a ticket, the prize value is about five grand.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Big game between Huntly and Locky this saturday, Huntlys got a great raffle running down there for a trailer, mig welder and heaps of other stuff it's drawn in about four weeks at a final there hosting. Hope all the good people of Locky can show there support for the ailing Hawks and buy a ticket, the prize value is about five grand.:thumbsu::thumbsu:
RWB has a couple of tickets in the raffle and looks the goods to win. Don't waste your five bucks:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Were you worried about anything incriminating????:D:D:D

Nah not at all, just didn't think it was something that needed to be highlighted but the photo was a ripper I thought - plenty of emotion in it.

Sometimes we forget that footy is an emotional game and the heat of the battle can be enthralling to watch.

You going tomorrow to watch the Saints? If so will catch u there :thumbsu:

Nah not at all, just didn't think it was something that needed to be highlighted but the photo was a ripper I thought - plenty of emotion in it.

Sometimes we forget that footy is an emotional game and the heat of the battle can be enthralling to watch.

You going tomorrow to watch the Saints? If so will catch u there :thumbsu:
Doubtful, all three protoge's not in the best of health. Look's like I've got the fathering duties again.:D

Bendigo Advertiser
17 August 2007
HDFL looks at cap policy

THE push for a points-based salary cap system to be implemented in the Heathcote District Football League next year has begun.

A preliminary proposal was presented to all HDFL clubs at Wednesday night's August meeting, with the league believing the points system would encourage clubs to play its local players, while providing a more even playing field.

Under the proposed system, each player who takes to the field in a senior game is given a points rating, ranging from one to as high as seven, based on their playing history.

A maximum number of points will be allocated to each club, and clubs must not exceed the points limit each week.

While the number of points to be allocated is yet to be decided, for example, clubs may be allocated 38 points.

Therefore, the combined value of their selected 22 players each week can not exceed 38 points.

Under the preliminary proposal, put together by HDFL secretary Trevor Arnel, president Keith Robertson and league administrator Jim Morgan, there is a suggestion the number of points allocated to clubs could vary, based on population density, geographical position or results of the previous season.

If it was to come in next year, the player ratings would be based on the highest level of football a player has played during the previous five years.

One point would be deducted each year a player has been registered with their club - a player with a rating of four points in 2008 would drop back to three in 2009 and down to two in 2010 - until they reach the base level of one point.

The complex proposal presented to the clubs provides 18 different ratings from players who have played in the AFL, to major league and state league players, to players who have come through a HDFL club's junior system.

A similar system is in place in the Central Murray, Sunraysia, West Gippsland-La Trobe and Mornington Peninsula-Nepean football leagues.

"We have asked clubs that in their last two games this season to see what would happen if they had to follow this next year, just out of curiosity," Arnel said yesterday.

"The rationale behind it is it encourages loyalty as clubs would be encouraged to develop their juniors as they are what we would classify locals and worth the minimum one point.

"It will discourage clubs taking players from rival Heatheote District Football League clubs, and we believe it will provide a more even playing field across the competition."

Clubs have been asked to analyse the proposal and come back with any ideas at next month's league meeting.

A final vote on whether the points system is introduced next year will take place at the annual general meeting in November.

"We will continue to fine-tune it and tweak the system before the annual general meeting," said Arnel, who doesn't believe the system would have a detrimental effect on the standard of the HDFL.

"Even the leagues that have had it for four years still tweak it."

If the system comes in next year, it will be on a trial basis for 2008 and reviewed at the end of the season.

Prior to the season, all senior players would have to fill out a declaration form stating their footballing history over the past five years and whether they have been a registered junior player at the club to determine their rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back