FTA-TV Hell's Kitchen

Remove this Banner Ad

It's alright but i much prefer Kitchen Nightmares.

In Kitchen Nightmares Ramsay is being himself, but in HK he tries too hard to exaggerate that side of his personality to the point where hes just a plain jerkoff. I mean seriously why shove plates of food in peoples chests?
and also Kitchen nightmares is based around conflict and dignity, these guys on HK just bend over and take it.

It's alright but i much prefer Kitchen Nightmares.

In Kitchen Nightmares Ramsay is being himself, but in HK he tries too hard to exaggerate that side of his personality to the point where hes just a plain jerkoff. I mean seriously why shove plates of food in peoples chests?
and also Kitchen nightmares is based around conflict and dignity, these guys on HK just bend over and take it.

I have heard from a mate who used to work in London that it’s the other way around. That’s he is putting on an act in Kitchen Nightmares and he is an absolute Rex Hunt to the apprentice chefs he employs. He does this as a way of testing there skills under pressure situations.

No one in any kitchen across the world would back answer a head chef like Ramsey or even Matt Moran (that Aussie dick) and still be employed. Why do you think everyone answers back “yes chef” rather than saying his name or mate? Its ego and respect

You just have to suck it up and take it as it makes you a better chef. Go cry at home or quit if you cannot take it. There is no time in a busy kitchen to mess around. FFS its not like working in McDonalds.

It was.

I walked into the TV room about 10 minutes in and after about 30 seconds I said to the people around me "I've seen this before! ON THIS ____ING CHANNEL!"

"New series". Yeah right, Nine :rolleyes:

i know. channel 9 are a bunch of sacks.. going over the top on the ramsey craze at the moment. newsflash ch9 ** hes been around for yrs** - and you should know - u used to show his shows 18mths or so ago before you dumped them!! :rolleyes:

i even looked at the tv guide and it didnt even say it was a repeat. w***ers.

I have heard from a mate who used to work in London that it’s the other way around. That’s he is putting on an act in Kitchen Nightmares and he is an absolute Rex Hunt to the apprentice chefs he employs. He does this as a way of testing there skills under pressure situations.

No one in any kitchen across the world would back answer a head chef like Ramsey or even Matt Moran (that Aussie dick) and still be employed. Why do you think everyone answers back “yes chef” rather than saying his name or mate? Its ego and respect

You just have to suck it up and take it as it makes you a better chef. Go cry at home or quit if you cannot take it. There is no time in a busy kitchen to mess around. FFS its not like working in McDonalds.

Pretty much spot on. These guys are aspiring to be executive chef at top restaurants then they need to know what they have to go through. The fact that half of them make basic errors like forgetting ingredients or under cooking meat/fish, its no wonder he lets them no about it.

If anyones read his autobiography and what he went through with Marco Pierre White then its no wonder he treats his apprentices in similar fashion.

Pretty much spot on. These guys are aspiring to be executive chef at top restaurants then they need to know what they have to go through. The fact that half of them make basic errors like forgetting ingredients or under cooking meat/fish, its no wonder he lets them no about it.

If anyones read his autobiography and what he went through with Marco Pierre White then its no wonder he treats his apprentices in similar fashion.

LMOA

I started off watching Hell Kitchen UK a few weeks (maybe months now) with Marco Pierre White and someone asked him if it was true that he made Gordon Ramsey cry and his response was “I didn’t make Gordon cry, Gordon chose to cry”

The reason he isn’t so tough and demanding on kitchen nightmares is simple, the restaurants are not his. He is only like a consultant and at the end of the day it’s up to the owner to do what they like.

im watching the latest and bobby is the best chef in tv history.

Season 4 is good stuff. 4 star general Bobby is awesome.

Season 2 was great aswell, Virginia :thumbsu: That youtube highlight in this thread missed my best bit from that season though: Ramsay's exasperated "that's why its called ____ing non-stiiiiiiiiick!" rant at Sarah. That moment was epic tv, so hilarious.

Watched it for the first time as well and while it's a good show I don't like it as much as Kitchen Nightmares.

And how about that girl who said something like cold water heats faster then hot water:confused: Ramsay was baffled:D

I actually enjoyed it tonight, though I still wish it was the latest season. How annoying were those food critic bitches? I just wanted to smack them in their stupid faces!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched it for the first time last night too - I am buggered by 9:30 with the earlier start.

Yeah, I like it. Gordon gets so angry and he should. Most of those chefs have no idea. That Wendy woman........how incompetent. That other kid from the blue team who also went has no idea - he will never own and run his own restaurant thats for sure!

I do like the red team (the guy with the tatts who moved across is my pick). That wimpy bloke tonight who walked out..........what a loser.

Yer Michael should win IMHO. Good episode last night. People critize Hells Kitchen but that 'is' Ramsasy. It's his place, his reputation.

Good episode last night - Mary Ellen deserved to go however Andrew.......how does that guy stay on this show?

And off topic, when they have their breaks, they all seem to be smoking. What it is it with chefs and the cigs? How can they survive a dinner service (6 hours) without a smoke?

One of the better reality shows and there aren't many good ones out there.

Ick! Wouldn't want Jimmy serving my food.

True. He'd be sweating all over you and the food.

Complimentary "soup ala Jimmy"
vomit-smiley-015.gif

Michael seems so far above the others, at this stage, it's not funny.

Good episode last night - You could see Michael was going to turf Chris when he had the chance but it would have been interesting if Gordon picked the girl last night to go.

I swear the blue team only won because they were carrying on about the pasta and kept losing. They didn't get any mains out and they actually win? I could see it coming just to have 3 vs 3. That is the only part of the show I don't really like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back