Roast Hey attacking players. It's time we had a talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Repeat similar scorelines and domination of key stats in every game this year and I assure you the last thing that will be brought up is the fact the forward line isn't functioning properly.

Man you guys want it both ways!
You don't want the fast break and long bomb, but now you don't want to give the opposition time to set up their defensive structures??

We could have moved the ball quicker, but the simple fact of the matter is that by taking it very slowly and carefully, we completely dominated what is usually a very formidable defensive team. They had time to set up against our forward entries which reduced our forward line efficiency, but at the same time we attacked in such a way as to make a real contest inside 50. We applied pressure at the fall of the ball and they were unable to rebound against us.

I'd suggest that they didn't actually play that bad, they just didn't have an answer to our game plan. Give me this every week please! Our forward line performed magnificently and this thread is total s**t.

The attitude that a team played badly cause they should have won by more is largely irrelevant. We won by six goals and were comfortably in front for most of the match. That's a good win. The fact that we didn't win by 100 says more about North not completely giving up than about our ability to completely dominate them.

That's true but not really relevant to the thread. It's about the dysfunctional forward line.

I think the more damning part is where we converted 60 i50s into only 24 scores (15-9) 40% as opposed to:

Freemantle: 65-31 = 48%
GWS: 51-24 = 47%
Gold Coast: 48-27 = 56%
Port Adelaide: 47-30 = 64%
Geelong: 62-29 = 47%
Essendon: 60-24 = 40%
Hawthorn: 53-34 = 64%
St. Kilda: 38-18 = 47%
West Coast: 60-29 = 48%

So we've obviously dominated the game quite comprehensively up until that last touch inside the forward 50, I'm sure this has and will already continue to be addressed by Bomber.

Think the stats provided after one week only are a touch misleading. Over the course of the year we need to aim for 50%. Do this and we will be competitive in most games.

We would've flogged every other team (excluding Freo, Geelong and maybe Sydney) tonight. Forwards just aren't getting good service, but at the same time they aren't leading. Ambrose looked good, Daniher played his 7th game and Carlisle is still adjusting.

By finals we should be okay.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's true but not really relevant to the thread. It's about the dysfunctional forward line.

I think the more damning part is where we converted 60 i50s into only 24 scores (15-9) 40% as opposed to:

Freemantle: 65-31 = 48%
GWS: 51-24 = 47%
Gold Coast: 48-27 = 56%
Port Adelaide: 47-30 = 64%
Geelong: 62-29 = 47%
Essendon: 60-24 = 40%
Hawthorn: 53-34 = 64%
St. Kilda: 38-18 = 47%
West Coast: 60-29 = 48%

So we've obviously dominated the game quite comprehensively up until that last touch inside the forward 50, I'm sure this has and will already continue to be addressed by Bomber.

Who did Port play last week? :thumbsu:

I totally agree with Bomber's assesment. Last night should have been the night that they clicked. Instead both Carlisle and Daniher looked at their opponent who was 15 cm shorter and called for it on their head. They were jumped on, the ball spoiled and their opponent ran away with it. It looked better when JD pushed up the ground. I think he's going to have to do that all year because he's not strong enough inside 50 ... unless he's going back with the flight ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back