Hopman Cup 2017 - Jan 1 to Jan 7

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope this isn't because the powers that be wouldn't let him walk out with sock to a tune of their own choosing.

I thought Nick wanted to be 7-time Hopman Cup and 5-time IPTL champion?

Go play in Brisbane and get a real workout instead of this Mickey Mouse s**t you seem to like.

See Sock check out the crowd when it went off for nick getting on the board. He was laughing. Must think they are sun struck to be putting it out for him, when nick has taken the tennis away. Overweight but seems like a fair enough bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick needs to get out of fluro if he doesn't like being owned. Get rid of the fluro and get some watermelon shoes like nadal. Look to the europeans for dress tips, but still what do you expect from a sock. See nick's shoe! Nadal has got that colour but it's toned down so it's not garish but soft. Then instead of an unconnected coloured sole, nadal has got watermelon green and so things don't have to be ugly. The game the attitude and the fashion sucked.

Next year I'll watch the scorchers from the start and not bother. Sometimes he seemed to have genuine pain, maybe.

I'll be interested to see what the spin is on that game. It was an unusual game. Apart from those there who paid, relatives and friends and me, I doubt anyone would have bothered watching it, if it was a game of tennis you were after, but I want to know why. Is this china revisited? or what? Looking at it maybe nick had a breathing problem over there.

I'll be interested to see what the spin is on that game. It was an unusual game. Apart from those there who paid, relatives and friends and me, I doubt anyone would have bothered watching it, if it was a game of tennis you were after, but I want to know why. Is this china revisited? or what? Looking at it maybe nick had a breathing problem over there.
I think this sums it up well:
Carrying an injury, Australia is already out of the running for the final, it's an exhibition tournament, he tried in his first few matches, probably over it a bit now --> lack of effort from Nick. Not making excuses but pretty much par from the course from Nick. Still needs to work on maintaining his intensity for every match. Obviously something that's difficult for him for whatever reason.
Not that that excuses the lack of effort.

Kyrigos is eager to finish this game soon

Agreed, he shouldve played in Brisbane instead but he was probably given some extra cash to play in Perth

Well everyone is paid to play @ the Hopman Cup just different amounts and I'm thinking that Nick would've been clear second at best after Federer whereas in Brisbane he would've gotten SFA with Nadal as the marquee player. He hasn't been shy about his desire to earn money. He's been honest about that which I appreciate but he was promoted at the Hopman Cup as the marquee player 2nd to Fed and tonight's effort is just a s**t look overall in a tourney that's probably on it's last legs.

He also has a commitment with Fast 4 in Sydney (Monday) and WTC in Adelaide (2 night out of Tues-Thurs). He should be resting up for the AO in the 2nd week not pimping himself out for some more Mickey Mouse.

Well everyone is paid to play @ the Hopman Cup just different amounts and I'm thinking that Nick would've been clear second at best after Federer whereas in Brisbane he would've gotten SFA with Nadal as the marquee player. He hasn't been shy about his desire to earn money. He's been honest about that which I appreciate but he was promoted at the Hopman Cup as the marquee player 2nd to Fed and tonight's effort is just a s**t look overall in a tourney that's probably on it's last legs.

He also has a commitment with Fast 4 in Sydney (Monday) and WTC in Adelaide (2 night out of Tues-Thurs). He should be resting up for the AO in the 2nd week not pimping himself out for some more Mickey Mouse.
Often wonder how players get paid for Hopman Cup. Do you reckon it is a flat fee + extra $ for wins?
Obviously marquee players like Federer would get more but would be asked to do more media/Perth tourism promo type things

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back