USA House begins vote on motion to overthrow Kevin McCarthy

Remove this Banner Ad

Should this be in the leopard ate my face thread?
Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

You'd have to be some kinda unit to publicly support Trump/MAGA at this point, on an Australian footy forum.

The ones who haven't been banned for being complete nutcases have just Homer Simpson'd back into the hedge.
The fact they even existed was baffling to me.

But also being cowards isn't surprising

It kills me when one of those MAGA caucus campaigners calls other RINOS. WTF, so there's no discussion, debate, loyal opposition within this party? Zee muust obey der fuhrer. Or else. :rolleyes:
Thats what they mean when they say RINO now. Its literally anyone who won't kiss Trump's ring.

Not that there are many of those left, even most of the nomination candidates running against him can't actually bring themselves to offer a mild criticism of the guy, unreal :drunk:

Like I said, spineless sniveling cowards. They deserve it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats what happens when you surrender it without a whimper to a bright orange shitgibbon and his enablers.
That’s all he ever actually wanted- to destroy everything.
A dreadful, dreadful mistake by Americans to ever vote him in.

I'm confused (would like someone to explain/ educate me) what did the democrats gain by kicking Mccarthy out? I can't see an obvious compromise candidate, certainly wont be a democrat speaker - you will have paralysis in the House until the election which isn't good for the people needing government policies

I'm confused (would like someone to explain/ educate me) what did the democrats gain by kicking Mccarthy out? I can't see an obvious compromise candidate, certainly wont be a democrat speaker - you will have paralysis in the House until the election which isn't good for the people needing government policies

It probably won’t have a different result, still end up bailing things out at the last minute as neither parties doners want an actual shutdown

That’s all he ever actually wanted- to destroy everything.
A dreadful, dreadful mistake by Americans to ever vote him in.
I think there are a number of different forces wanting different things that enabled him.

Bannon and his ilk certainly wanted to destroy everything because they no longer believe in democracy and want authoritarian rule with them in charge.

His big business backers wanted complete capture of the government with a figurehead that is amoral and doesn't care about anything except himself so will enact legislation to destroy any constraints against business or literally anything so long as he can stay in the big chair.

Trump himself cares about money, power and constant adoration, attention. He is a narcissistic sociopath.

I honestly don't think he cares about policy thing to do with basic administration or government.

He is motivated by revenge against anyone or thing that he feels slighted by. I think (and this is just based on what I've read thats available in the public sphere) that he has a massive inferiority complex and chip on his shoulder that goes back to his family never really being accepted by New York old money society.
The sort of ridiculous gaudy monuments to greed he builds with his name on everything and gold toilets etc just screams someone that constantly needs to advertise how rich, how smart, how powerful he is.

I mean how many quotes are there with him saying he knows more about whatever the subject is than anyone? People that are secure in their identity don't need to constantly proclaim and advertise their own power and wealth.

He's a convenient idiot for people that really do want to break things and or completely capture the US government.
The trouble is his cult is now so completely out of control no one knows how to stop him or undo it all.

I think there are a number of different forces wanting different things that enabled him.

Bannon and his ilk certainly wanted to destroy everything because they no longer believe in democracy and want authoritarian rule with them in charge.

His big business backers wanted complete capture of the government with a figurehead that is amoral and doesn't care about anything except himself so will enact legislation to destroy any constraints against business or literally anything so long as he can stay in the big chair.

Trump himself cares about money, power and constant adoration, attention. He is a narcissistic sociopath.

I honestly don't think he cares about policy thing to do with basic administration or government.

He is motivated by revenge against anyone or thing that he feels slighted by. I think (and this is just based on what I've read thats available in the public sphere) that he has a massive inferiority complex and chip on his shoulder that goes back to his family never really being accepted by New York old money society.
The sort of ridiculous gaudy monuments to greed he builds with his name on everything and gold toilets etc just screams someone that constantly needs to advertise how rich, how smart, how powerful he is.

I mean how many quotes are there with him saying he knows more about whatever the subject is than anyone? People that are secure in their identity don't need to constantly proclaim and advertise their own power and wealth.

He's a convenient idiot for people that really do want to break things and or completely capture the US government.
The trouble is his cult is now so completely out of control no one knows how to stop him or undo it all.
Yep- spot on. They’ve created a monster and can’t control it now.

Maybe they're hoping his replacement will be of the extreme right and thereby hope that swings the pendulum back their way.

They didn't kick him out, they didn't support him as he broke a number of policy promises to them and they felt he couldn't be trusted. Fair enough as he only got to be Speaker by agreeing to the nutters that one vote could take the Speakership away from him which they have.

Previously it was 20 votes to remove a Speaker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back