Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

My problem with doing Roberts Rebellion is them having recast to find younger versions of current characters. The current cast just seem to nail it so well, I can't imagine anyone else doing those characters justice.

That's why they'll wait a decade to do it. Let the public see the original actors are too old.

I'm hoping for the Blackfyre Rebellion personally.

I think Roberts Rebellion could easily be done with the guys they used in Bran's vision plus a few others. Was convincing enough for me, and a few episodes in and I'm sure you'd buy into it if it was done well enough.

I'm not sure they need more than one prequel going at once though.

I am sceptical about anything not involving Benioff and Weiss. Martin my have wrote the original story but they gave GoT it's look and 'feel'.

I really really hope I'm wrong.

Surprised by this when it's almost universally acknowledged that the show was at its strongest when based specifically on Martin's material, and it weakens the further away it moves.

Surprised by this when it's almost universally acknowledged that the show was at its strongest when based specifically on Martin's material, and it weakens the further away it moves.

This.

The writers are mocked in most circles for the parts in the later series where the show turns to s**t.

Most of the good "feel" stuff are real quotes and plot lines out of the books tbh.

I just think with Blackfyre, you have the Black Dragon, Bloodraven, Bittersteel etc all involved in that saga; these are all huge names in the meta.

One huge battle at the end and a heap of interesting lead in-plots. They could even stretch it out into the formation of the golden company after rebellion I, dunc and egg and lead into Blackfyre II.

Could easily be 2-3 seasons imo.

I'm talking about everything except the writing/plot.

Which likely B&W weren't responsible for.

They're the showrunners and writers. The script is a document that spells out to each department what the * they're doing. Spoiler: books aren't scripts.

They're the showrunners and writers. The script is a document that spells out to each department what the **** they're doing. Spoiler: books aren't scripts.
Spoiler, writing "We cut to a wide open shot of Westeros" is brought to life by cinematographers.

The problem with a Blackfyre Rebellion is that it would be heavy on CGI dragons, which are apparently very expensive

The last Dragon died about 50 years before the 1st Blackfyre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They wrote the script for it...

And?

If the argument is Martin had nothing to do with the look of Westeros because he just wrote the book, I'm not sure how the counter can be that B&W did shape the look of Westeros because they wrote the script.

And?

If the argument is Martin had nothing to do with the look of Westeros because he just wrote the book, I'm not sure how the counter can be that B&W did shape the look of Westeros because they wrote the script.

Script leaves less to the imagination.

This.

The writers are mocked in most circles for the parts in the later series where the show turns to s**t.

Most of the good "feel" stuff are real quotes and plot lines out of the books tbh.
In B&W's defence narratively it's always much more entertaining to look at the world and story expanding than it is when you run out of elements to introduce and have to start wrapping things up, something Martin seems to just refuse to do.

the untitled prequel takes place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones. It chronicles the world’s descent from the Golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: From the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend — it’s not the story we think we know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back