How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im hoping you are in a drought effected area with all your tears this morning
How dare I voice my concerns with my club making trades based on the assumption that we would improve in the win/loss column which did not eventuate and now we are at risk of being embarassed by giving up the best junior in the country for a junior ranked in the late teens at best?

How dare I voice my concerns with my club making trades based on the assumption that we would improve in the win/loss column which did not eventuate and now we are at risk of being embarassed by giving up the best junior in the country for a junior ranked in the late teens at best?

that's fine, just funny how mad you are about it, please carry on

You forgot we still have a first rnd pick.

Which is potentially in the teens, in a draft that's considered to drop off after the first two kids.

So you are going on hypotheticals of us finishing last (well I agree, quite likely) and crows going up a few spots and we lose the no.1 draft pick = disaster

What if that scenario eventuates and we lose our no.1 draft pick but.....in 6 years time Stocker plays in a Carlton flag......trade still a failure?

You can complain all you want but I don't see the point, we wont know until 10 years down the track most likely. There are better things to put your worries into im sure.

The first round for the most part was basically identical to what was proposed in these phantoms. And I'd say journos have decent intel.

What clubs rated him as high as we did? Can you provide them please?

Okay so clearly you would rather blurt and or use non club people as evidence that no other club rated Stocker before we traded and took him at pick 19

Lions 1st pick was at 21, they could have rated Stocker anywhere between pick 6 -20?

And so on:

Pies - Quaynor a 13, Stocker at 14- 19?
Bombers first pick was 38, where did they rate Stocker?
Dockers pick 32, where did they rate Stocker?
Suns pick 6 then their next pick was at 23, Stocker 7-22?

And so on and so on, get the drift?

Personally I rated Stocker at pick 16, long term

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/carltons-2018-draft-thread-ii.1209021/page-25#post-58882921

So people have no idea, where many of the recruiters rated him, all recruiters can do is select the player, with the picks they have available versus their rating

Okay so clearly you would rather blurt and or use non club people as evidence that no other club rated Stocker before we traded and took him at pick 19

Lions 1st pick was at 21, they could have rated Stocker anywhere between pick 6 -20?

And so on:

Pies - Quaynor a 13, Stocker at 14- 19?
Bombers first pick was 38, where did they rate Stocker?
Dockers pick 32, where did they rate Stocker?
Suns pick 6 then their next pick was at 23, Stocker 7-22?

And so on and so on, get the drift?

Personally I rated Stocker at pick 16, long term

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/carltons-2018-draft-thread-ii.1209021/page-25#post-58882921

So people have no idea, where many of the recruiters rated him, all recruiters can do is select the player, with the picks they have available versus their rating

Better to use evidence on the table than speculation which the bolded is. You've taken four clubs who didnt have a pick available to suit your argument.

The fact he's mad says he has passion and emotional ties to the club.

If you find that funny then your ties to the club aren't that strong.

Crap. Everyone reacts differently. Doesn't make them any less tied to the club

Really don't like people saying they are more invested or better supporters etc. Makes no sense

Better to use evidence on the table than speculation which the bolded is. You've taken four clubs who didnt have a pick available to suit your argument.

Have another look how many clubs did or didn't have picks in the first round and where the gaps were, I only highlighted a few

Evidence? Using mock drafts from non club recruiters? Please

Again, like so many others, you are presented with a viable scenario, yet want to float back to the negative option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Knightmare the bloke that said we stuffed up picking Walsh?

Stuff up might be harsh Soap, like me and many others, there were other viable options

As for people suggesting that no other club recruiter rated Stocker before pick 19, well that's just speculation

Have another look how many clubs did or didn't have picks in the first round and where the gaps were, I only highlighted a few

Again, like so many others, you are presented with a viable scenario, yet want to float back to the negative option

Mock drafts from experts that almost mirrored the exact order.

Besides quotes from our own recruting team, are you able to provide any evidence that other clubs would have taken Stocker higher than we did?

What really sh1ts me is the hindsight recruiting etc when we lose like yesterday. Means nothing. A week ago our recruiting was good?

The Stocker deal is done. It's not changing. This year we have a first round pick and some other picks. We will bring in another group of talented players and will improve again.

Mock drafts from experts that almost mirrored the exact order.

Besides quotes from our own recruting team, are you able to provide any evidence that other clubs would have taken Stocker higher than we did?

You do realise why mock drafters are just that, rather than being recruiters? None of them see the amount of footy a recruiting team do, none are able to have in depth interviews

Are you able to provide any evidence that other clubs wouldn't have taken him higher?

See, it's just opinions, mine, yours and so many others

Plus it's done. We can't go back

FWIW I love it. Stocker will be a beauty and if we bring in someone like Taranto or Langdon how does it look?
that's the key, if we need to use that pick in the draft and not for an established player then the strategy hasn't gone to plan.

You do realise why mock drafters are just that, rather than being recruiters? None of them see the amount of footy a recruiting team do, none are able to have in depth interviews

Are you able to provide any evidence that other clubs wouldn't have taken him higher?

See, it's just opinions, mine, yours and so many others

Well the fact that he wasn't taken higher is a pretty stark piece of evidence. But I can see you won't be moved on this, so we'll leave it there. I think Liam will be a great player, but the trade was a dodgy decision at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back