Politics How does the left get its political mojo back and win power?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some would say that Bill Shorten tried to focus on the haves and have nots and still lost in 2019. How would you respond to that?

(I'm happy to give my own thoughts on the matter if you like, but I'm interested to know how it fits into the picture you've drawn above)
I won't speak for kickazz but from my casual viewings it seems like there was a very successful scare/propaganda campaign on social media and Murdoch media against Shorten, and the ALP did very little to combat it, and it was an easy sell because Shorten wasn't well liked.

Sadly I think looks/charisma/articulation comes into it, and Shorten is just one of those guys who people instantly take a dislike to because he doesn't have "it". Even I admit he's like the anti-Hawke. Not everyone has that mentality, just saying I think it was a visceral thing, not that *head Morrison has any pezzaz, he's a cretin, but I've known too many people my whole life who are just way too harsh on someone and it mostly has to do with their physical appearance/likability.

Some would say that Bill Shorten tried to focus on the haves and have nots and still lost in 2019. How would you respond to that?

(I'm happy to give my own thoughts on the matter if you like, but I'm interested to know how it fits into the picture you've drawn above)
Off the top of my head, I think he miscalculated his target in going after neg gearing. Should have been more about income tax brackets. Or if he wanted to target property owners go after those with multiple. Many investors only have one and are highly geared and of modest income.

Can't remember much else but interesting to see what folks think.

Albanese likely only win because Scomo was/is seen as one of the worst PMs of all time.

Yeah that too, Shorten the man was not very appealing
I won't speak for kickazz but from my casual viewings it seems like there was a very successful scare/propaganda campaign on social media and Murdoch media against Shorten, and the ALP did very little to combat it, and it was an easy sell because Shorten wasn't well liked.

Sadly I think looks/charisma/articulation comes into it, and Shorten is just one of those guys who people instantly take a dislike to. Not all, just saying I think it was a visceral thing, not that *head Morrison has any pezzaz, he's a cretin, but I've known too many people my whole life who are just way too harsh on someone and it mostly has to do with their physical appearance/likability.

Yeah that too, Shorten the man was not very appealing

I liked Shorten, but it became clear during that election that the Australian public isn't ready for a Labor government that actually leans left

Who constitutes the fake left? I assume there's separately a real left. How are they different?
The warmongers cheering on the pouring of weapons into Ukraine rather than calling for a diplomatic solution. Lefties have traditionally been antiwar.

Cheering on the standing down of thousands of workers if they refused a pharmaceutical product.

Being fans of the WEF. Wealthy people just in it for the ego, and maybe to make a bit of extra money, Apparently you can never have enough.

The love of the Dems in the US. Right wing party that had the Senate, the house and the presidency and never brought universal healthcare to a vote.

Workers are stupid because they don't vote how you want them to vote.

How about the crapping on about Trump but not really giving a s**t about Trudeau's enabling act because he's a fake left ally.

Who constitutes the fake left? I assume there's separately a real left. How are they different?
One actually saves whales and trees or they used to the fakes are totally politically focused on making trouble telling lies trying to influence kids advertising extinction, allowing politically driven exaggerators to become the drivers of bull-dust climate crisis fraud and scarig young adults into saying theuy'll never have children that there is no future , that we are doomed tha'ts the fake left,
like Bowen and Albanese. They are of the ilk that forgot the working people, but remembered how to make promises and lie like they believed it themselves, then again they may have been dumb enough not to see that ?

The real left and green look after the working class fight for pay and conditions are all about the rank and file in Unions not how the damned Unions can make money.

And support the left wing ALP nothing else. Just get hacks like Albanese into being PM.

The real left don't promote the economy collapse helped on buy supporting fanatics like Bowen and a dill like Albanese.

They don't join the political entity called the ABC who are chronic left wing fully controlled. All fakes.
None who'd go out and up against a Japanese whaler, or complain and get their ship blown up by France.

They may just still hug trees, and worry about things they have no control over like mother nature!!!
But, can still see past fakes with a little reality of what the fakes think they see, like the teals. Fakery of the highest order.

How they look at things, for political gain only or base their political bent on who they dislike not who they want to help.

That's my take on them .
The left/Green Bandt typed people are a poison a cancer in our 21st century era.
People should wake up. There that's the difference .

And its probably too late now that Bandt has backed the ones who start horrible things against innocents.

And now we have threats fights and violence in our streets, HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over deliberate targeting children by kid killers, who hide amonst their own innocent people.
Yeah thats the Left /Green gilled side now days.

The REAL LEFT would hate this. They are now dead anyway

Teals lost in latte land in the inner cities!

I saw!

Its why I am now conservative. As in my dotage I get to see, all the ALP bullsh*t for what it really is
and fakery from my active union years, we are in dire straights. actually deeply.

Sadly I think looks/charisma/articulation comes into it, and Shorten is just one of those guys who people instantly take a dislike to because he doesn't have "it". Even I admit he's like the anti-Hawke. Not everyone has that mentality, just saying I think it was a visceral thing, not that *head Morrison has any pezzaz, he's a cretin, but I've known too many people my whole life who are just way too harsh on someone and it mostly has to do with their physical appearance/likability.
Bill was not the IT (girl) Man. He just didn't have it. But was a likeable bloke but had skeletons that he escaped from.
But the latest entry to the lodge after Morrison, well, he is or comes across as a dill.
Morrison had more brains in his little finger than Albo.
But he faced the most character destroying campaign led against conservatives with the help of the extreme left green ABC is like nothing I've seen in politics before in my life in Australia..
Even the bungled and perhaps bulldust rape case made famous, and then a secondary case brought up, does nothing to prove anything.
And then condemning Morrison for actions he took in the COVID pandemic, with his cabinet not informed , well maybe it was as well he said nothing, because in an emergency you don't need in fighting, and he had no idea of whether his cabinet would all be alive, he made an escape hatch so to speak. But the dark foul unfair little whinger all through the Pandemic no helping hand was Albanese picking trouble and bad mouth for everything anything he could bash Morrison over the head with.

Then backed the killer politically of Victoria.

But dumb fools who just have other political agendas for getting power, used it to hurt and it hurts in the wrong, way.
Because this country from a filthy campaign full of lies promises bungles and now Mr World touring Airbus Albanese, is PM.
And looked like a real Mr Magoo, in China, but he did find out he liked Pandas but Xi liked Tassie Devils.
So that fixed all our problems.
But those who look at the nation that treated us Aussies like enemies then saw that their Ocean docking harbour in Darwin is still there no worries says Albanese. I hope he's right, but China will have a friend of ours rather close too.
And I think the two are not stupid enough to want a fight.

I guess the above poster thought cancelling parliament for months for a fake campaign except for the religious discrimination thing was just tickety boo.
And Dutton talking a big game about immigration but letting known criminals and other low life’s in Willy nilly was just dandy.

From this angle the coalition leaders just get steadily worse, roll on the next rebrand I say

And Darwin is down to coalition govts, federal and territory

One actually saves whales and trees or they used to the fakes are totally politically focused on making trouble telling lies trying to influence kids advertising extinction, allowing politically driven exaggerators to become the drivers of bull-dust climate crisis fraud and scarig young adults into saying theuy'll never have children that there is no future , that we are doomed tha'ts the fake left,
like Bowen and Albanese. They are of the ilk that forgot the working people, but remembered how to make promises and lie like they believed it themselves, then again they may have been dumb enough not to see that ?

The real left and green look after the working class fight for pay and conditions are all about the rank and file in Unions not how the damned Unions can make money.

And support the left wing ALP nothing else. Just get hacks like Albanese into being PM.

The real left don't promote the economy collapse helped on buy supporting fanatics like Bowen and a dill like Albanese.

They don't join the political entity called the ABC who are chronic left wing fully controlled. All fakes.
None who'd go out and up against a Japanese whaler, or complain and get their ship blown up by France.

They may just still hug trees, and worry about things they have no control over like mother nature!!!
But, can still see past fakes with a little reality of what the fakes think they see, like the teals. Fakery of the highest order.

How they look at things, for political gain only or base their political bent on who they dislike not who they want to help.

That's my take on them .
The left/Green Bandt typed people are a poison a cancer in our 21st century era.
People should wake up. There that's the difference .

And its probably too late now that Bandt has backed the ones who start horrible things against innocents.

And now we have threats fights and violence in our streets, HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over deliberate targeting children by kid killers, who hide amonst their own innocent people.
Yeah thats the Left /Green gilled side now days.

The REAL LEFT would hate this. They are now dead anyway

Teals lost in latte land in the inner cities!

I saw!

Its why I am now conservative. As in my dotage I get to see, all the ALP bullsh*t for what it really is
and fakery from my active union years, we are in dire straights. actually deeply.
This is an excellent rant and brilliant parody of a right-wing table-thumper.

Kudos :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Teals lost in latte land", I'm going to try and remember that one
It's like a checklist.
"Chronic left-wing fully controlled" ABC (which has a board entirely made up of right leaning appointments) is a funny one too.

"Climate crisis fraud" - is there anyone but a fringe minority who are still running with this?

I often find myself in the land of the leftie - it never ceases to amaze me - it is like an echo chamber.

In the near future, the ALP lose government in 2025 and Donald Trump is elected president, the 'leftie' will once again be bewildered, "the savages aren't educated" they will cry.

So I'd like to ask the op Seeds

What is your idea of a 'left' govt.?

Is it a centre left and has rational policy ideals? Or is it more left leaning with irrational ideals from some stake holders, much like the previous lnp govt. had irrational right leaning stake holders?

So I'd like to ask the op Seeds

What is your idea of a 'left' govt.?

Is it a centre left and has rational policy ideals? Or is it more left leaning with irrational ideals from some stake holders, much like the previous lnp govt. had irrational right leaning stake holders?
In terms of this thread it was just about the labor government And their equivalents overseas. Not fringe parties.

i wasnt making any statement about real or fake left whatever that means.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back