Remove this Banner Ad

Huge Rumour #2 Re: PP

🥰 Love BigFooty? Join now for free.

Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Posts
18,945
Reaction score
41,483
Location
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
Following the AFL's decision to not grant us an extra first round PP.

I have "heard" that Carlton are taking the next step - and are preparing to go to court over the matter.

:thumbsu: Good News if true :thumbsu:
 

Log in to remove this Banner Ad

F@#K Carlton are a rabble! The President knows NOTHING about Football,the coach is not able to do his job,the Debt is MASSIVE,PATHETIC sponserhip and are the laughing stock of the competition!!!! AND now want an extra pick! Ha Ha Ha Ha......:D .....:thumbsd:
 
Citizen Erased said:
F@#K Carlton are a rabble! The President knows NOTHING about Football,the coach is not able to do his job,the Debt is MASSIVE,PATHETIC sponserhip and are the laughing stock of the competition!!!! AND now want an extra pick! Ha Ha Ha Ha......:D .....:thumbsd:

and yet you still couldnt beat us this year ... what a flipping joke of a club u are.
 
Citizen Erased said:
F@#K Carlton are a rabble! The President knows NOTHING about Football,the coach is not able to do his job,the Debt is MASSIVE,PATHETIC sponserhip and are the laughing stock of the competition!!!! AND now want an extra pick! Ha Ha Ha Ha......:D .....:thumbsd:

true that
 
Citizen Erased said:
F@#K Carlton are a rabble! The President knows NOTHING about Football,the coach is not able to do his job,the Debt is MASSIVE,PATHETIC sponserhip and are the laughing stock of the competition!!!! AND now want an extra pick! Ha Ha Ha Ha......:D .....:thumbsd:


You seem a little bitter? Essendon have the worst list in the comp and the least talented collection of younger players in the comp by a considerable margin. The unfortunate news is that the Dons are only at the beginning of their 3 year slide. The Blues performed terribly in 2006, but our list has enormous potential - miles ahead of what the Dons have talent wise. I'm beginning to understand the reason for your bitterness now. :)
 

Remove this Banner Ad

Citizen Erased said:
F@#K Carlton are a rabble! The President knows NOTHING about Football,the coach is not able to do his job,the Debt is MASSIVE,PATHETIC sponserhip and are the laughing stock of the competition!!!! AND now want an extra pick! Ha Ha Ha Ha......:D .....:thumbsd:
you're dumb arse coach was hosting the footy marathon last in his ****ing loungeroom. what a loser:D
 
parrot said:
You seem a little bitter? Essendon have the worst list in the comp and the least talented collection of younger players in the comp by a considerable margin. The unfortunate news is that the Dons are only at the beginning of their 3 year slide. The Blues performed terribly in 2006, but our list has enormous potential - miles ahead of what the Dons have talent wise. I'm beginning to understand the reason for your bitterness now. :)
How's Lynch been going recently parrot?:)
 
This priority pick business is giving me the ****s. Instead of playing the hand we have been dealt and rebuilding the club, the administration is making excuses.

We lost our draft picks 4 years ago, but since then we have barely taken a single positive step in the right direction. Now we have a bumper draft coming up and a good trade period in which to start rebuilding the club - and all our administration can think to do is to take the league to court to get back a pick from 4 years ago that the league were perfectly entitled to remove. Its their league for damn sake, and I reckon if anything the original penalties weren't stiff enough given how blatantly and repeatedly were we cheating at the time.

And while the administration wastes time crying over spilt milk, one of our few genuinely good players is walking out over a pittance in a salary dispute, we are missing the boat with regards to signing a decent player from another club in the PSD, and valuable trade and negotiation time is being wasted. Not to mention the resources that could be put into putting together a proper coaching staff.

Stop whining about the lost draft picks, and move on!!!!!!!!!
 
btdg said:
This priority pick business is giving me the ****s. Instead of playing the hand we have been dealt and rebuilding the club, the administration is making excuses.
I actually like it. We are standing up for ourselves and making sure we get everything that's owed to us.
 
as0l0 said:
I actually like it. We are standing up for ourselves and making sure we get everything that's owed to us.

Everything thats owed to us? The AFL instituted penalties arbitrarily because we were cheating. They decided to take away a priority pick. Now we are arguing the wording of that decision to try and get them to change it. Its a matter of semantics, and its not going to work. All it is doing is distract the administration from the real business of re-building the club, and distract the fans from the abysmal position the club is in.

When we rebuild ourselves it will not be because of that priority pick, it will be because of sound administrative and coaching decisions, and the collective will of the playing group and supporters. The sooner we recognise that the sooner we can start working towards it.
 
thats the biggest cry baby act, they give you money so you guys don't go broke and now you gonna sue them for something like this?
 

🥰 Love BigFooty? Join now for free.

btdg said:
When we rebuild ourselves it will not be because of that priority pick, it will be because of sound administrative and coaching decisions, and the collective will of the playing group and supporters. The sooner we recognise that the sooner we can start working towards it.
i think we already started that this year. It's just this end of season kerfuffle that has blurred the vision. I still think the vision is clear inside the team.
 
WakeUpTaz said:
thats the biggest cry baby act, they give you money so you guys don't go broke and now you gonna sue them for something like this?
like we give a flying truck what a feral like you has to say on the matter ...now back off to the toothless and jobless board for you
 
Let's not forget Mike Fitzpatrick is sitting in on the board meetings so if this was the case the AFL would have been aware of it straight away.
 
no. 4 said:
Let's not forget Mike Fitzpatrick is sitting in on the board meetings so if this was the case the AFL would have been aware of it straight away.
Who said the AFL are not aware of it?
 
If we get it, great.

But lets not waste to much time.

The penalties didn't stop us from having a list of 38 though.

Whta did we do with the picks in the later part of the draft - we wasted them.

Granted, if we do get the pick back that would be great, I am not doubting that, but lets make sure our eye is on the ball this year, particularly with:

- re signing Thornton
- our picks in the national draft
- using the PSD wisely
- rookie two more ruckmen
 

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

🥰 Love BigFooty? Join now for free.

Back
Top Bottom