Toast Hurley

Remove this Banner Ad

frankly i'd like to see him play up back and only thrown up forward if needed.
once fletch retires we're going to need Hurley and Pears holding the fort down back.
besides, Neagle and Gumbleton will come good in the next two years.

What a star!!

Great that he seems a level headed kid as well. Because jeez it'd be easy to get carried away with yourself after a performance like that in such a big game.

So is he being groomed as a forward or will he just pinch hit up forward from time to time?

Looks very very good.

Initially, the idea looked like it was to have him pinch hit in the absence of many of our other key targets up forward.

But we have a number of very nicely developing key backmen (even with the forced removal of Ryder from CHB this year) and a few problems up forward. So I suspect he'll play up there a lot more than anyone probably would have thought when he arrived at the club.

Can we clone him and have 3 of him at each end of the ground?

Seriously i don't know where i like him more. He could be anything. I suppose his position will come down to where he is most needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow just saw the replay of him keeping the ball in play near the point post then dishing it off to Lonergan to kick a goal.

Skills, poise and unselfishness, and all in his first season!

Firstly Wow, this guy is something special, reminded me a bit of Riewoldt up forward, he cud really be anyhting tbh, secondly congrats on the win essendon, u guys deserved it with ur run, and i think next year will be a great contest with us back at full strength. Good luck in the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back