I Hope Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Louie22

Debutant
May 30, 2004
Other Teams
Carlton
I hope Carlton make big play for Graham Polak, he is what we need ony 23 years of age. We are good position to get him. If we can't manage suitable trade we can get him in pre-season draft. Can't believe all the talk that Richmond are the front runners to grab.

If we get Gibbs and Polak that would be fantastic.

The Carlton side 2007

Bower, Hartlett, Houlihan

Walker, Polak, Scotland

Simpson, Stevens, Kouta

Whitnall, Kennedy, Waite

Betts, Fevola, Fisher

Ruckmen from Draft - murphy, Gibbs

Inter -Wiggins, O Halpin, Pick 17, 19

Louie22 said:
I hope Carlton make big play for Graham Polak, he is what we need ony 23 years of age. We are good position to get him. If we can't manage suitable trade we can get him in pre-season draft. Can't believe all the talk that Richmond are the front runners to grab.

The Carlton side 2007

Edwards, Hartlett, Houlihan

Bower, Polak, Scotland

Simpson, Stevens, Walker

Whitnall, Kennedy, Waite

Betts, Fevola, Fisher

Inter -Wiggins, O Halpin, Pick 17, 19

id have carazzo, bentick and blackwell in before wiggins,17 and 19

PoZ_UtD said:
id have carazzo, bentick and blackwell in before wiggins,17 and 19

Carrazzo ? Has a go but poor disposal

Bentick - Has courage but cant get enough of the ball

SurreyBlue said:
After looking at that side .... I think I need a lie down .... for a couple of years or so.

You make more sense lying down

Louie22 said:
I hope Carlton make big play for Graham Polak, he is what we need ony 23 years of age. We are good position to get him. If we can't manage suitable trade we can get him in pre-season draft. Can't believe all the talk that Richmond are the front runners to grab him.

The Carlton side 2007

Bower, Polak, Scotland

Simpson, Stevens, Walker

Whitnall, Kennedy, Waite

Betts, Fevola, Fisher

Inter -Wiggins, O Halpin, Pick 17, 19 or Lappin

Not a bad side

Yes not bad, but I would put Wiggins on the ground before Bower/Edwards!

Louie22 said:
I hope Carlton make big play for Graham Polak, he is what we need ony 23 years of age. We are good position to get him. If we can't manage suitable trade we can get him in pre-season draft. Can't believe all the talk that Richmond are the front runners to grab him.

The Carlton side 2007

Bower, Polak, Scotland

Simpson, Stevens, Walker

Whitnall, Kennedy, Waite

Betts, Fevola, Fisher

Not a bad side

i would have carazzo, bentick and blackwell in the team before 17,19 and wiggins

Louie22 said:

The Carlton side 2007

Bower, Polak, Scotland

Simpson, Stevens, Walker

Whitnall, Kennedy, Waite

Betts, Fevola, Fisher

Not a bad side

so what are we paying kouta for?

Carrazzo, Hartlett, O'Halpin

Walker, Whitnall, Scotland

Simpson, Stevens, Lappin

Fisher, Kennedy, Russell

Waite, Fevola, Betts

McLaren, Murphy, Kouta

Blackwell, Bentick, Gibbs, Polak(assuming we trade for him if not then Bower/Edwards)

Louie22 said:
Carrazzo ? Has a go but poor disposal

Bentick - Has courage but cant get enough of the ball

id rate them higher then wiggins and two draft picks

i think that carlton should definitely make a big play for polak as well, especially since they can use the PSD pick as a huge tool in what they can do. that is where they really should hold the trump card over richmond. the only thing carlton have against them is they are in such a rable that even the once shamed richmond is a far more attractive option - the clock sometimes ticks fast.

I think carlton should be focusing on resolvong things in a satisfactory manner with thornton asap to be more powerful in this - either securing a killer trade for picks, or getting him at a reasonable and fair price, and moving heaven and earth to get polak through a cheap trade using the PSD as a killer move. - or offering him a great offer in terms of $$$, but over 3 years. perhaps 1.2million over 3 years with 600k this season, and 300k in the next two, and nabbing him in PSD. its worth the risk, and we have the room in the salary cap to make it work. he wouldnt feel he owes freo much as he hasnt been getting alot of game time, and the money would be far too good to refuse. but we must sort the thornton issue out ASAP. if he is going, then get a good deal for him in regards to picks and focus on whoo-ing polak - he is far more important than thornton ever will be.

f**k the rest!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

astro_toby said:
i think that carlton should definitely make a big play for polak as well, especially since they can use the PSD pick as a huge tool in what they can do. that is where they really should hold the trump card over richmond. the only thing carlton have against them is they are in such a rable that even the once shamed richmond is a far more attractive option - the clock sometimes ticks fast.

I think carlton should be focusing on resolvong things in a satisfactory manner, either securing a killer trade for picks, or getting him at a reasonable and fair price, and moving heaven and earth to get polak through a cheap trade using the PSD as a killer move. - or offering him a great offer in terms of $$$, but over 3 years. perhaps 1.2million over 3 years with 600k this season, and 300k in the next two, and nabbing him in PSD. its worth the risk, and we have the room in the salary cap to make it work. he wouldnt feel he owes freo much as he hasnt been getting alot of game time, and the money would be far too good to refuse. but we must sort the thornton issue out ASAP. if he is going, then get a good deal for him in regards to picks and focus on whoo-ing polak - he is far more important than thornton ever will be.

f**k the rest!

We don't give thortnon the money he wants and you wanna give polak $400,000 a season??

Polak is no way near worth that, i would still take him in the PSD but on a performance based contract or something far less then what u have suggested

how much is a first round pick worth in terms of $$$? i would say far greater than $300K. if you pick up polak in the PSD and dont have to give up a first round pick - you are laughing. who cares who gets th money?

Everyone knows Polak has the potential to be a excellent player, he has more potnetial than thornton could ever hope for. once you get him into the jumper, then its the clubs responsibilty to make him work for it and if you can get Polak to do that (which is their job of course) then we will look back at the extra $300K, along with gibbs, polak and up to four other gun top 25 kids we will get this year - and think, jeez this is exciting!

simmonds wasnt worht his apparent 5 year deal @ richmond last year - but he for fiora was the bargain deal of the year IMO.

Faith in the jumper, the kids and the coaches will transform this club.

PoZ_UtD said:
We don't give thortnon the money he wants and you wanna give polak $400,000 a season??

Polak is no way near worth that, i would still take him in the PSD but on a performance based contract or something far less then what u have suggested

astro_toby said:
how much is a first round pick worth in terms of $$$? i would say far greater than $300K. if you pick up polak in the PSD and dont have to give up a first round pick - you are laughing. who cares who gets th money?

Everyone knows Polak has the potential to be a excellent player, he has more potnetial than thornton could ever hope for. once you get him into the jumper, then its the clubs responsibilty to make him work for it and if you can get Polak to do that (which is their job of course) then we will look back at the extra $300K, along with gibbs, polak and up to four other gun top 25 kids we will get this year - and think, jeez this is exciting!

simmonds wasnt worht his apparent 5 year deal @ richmond last year - but he for fiora was the bargain deal of the year IMO.

Faith in the jumper, the kids and the coaches will transform this club.

Just becuase he is first round pick doesn't mean he is worth more IMO Thornton is far better then Polak. Thornton has played more games than Polak, has more experince and has proven more than Polak. The only thing Polak has got over Thornton is that he was pick #4. Which by the way means crap at the end of the day . Look at all the top 10 duds there have been over the years and look at all the guns that have been drafted after the top 20

PoZ_UtD said:
Just becuase he is first round pick doesn't mean he is worth more IMO Thornton is far better then Polak. Thornton has played more games than Polak, has more experince and has proven more than Polak. The only thing Polak has got over Thornton is that he was pick #4. Which by the way means crap at the end of the day . Look at all the top 10 duds there have been over the years and look at all the guns that have been drafted after the top 20

i guess the obvious difference their is is think Polak is capable of being a great player. i think he is worth that risk - and like richmond punting on simmonds.
carlton have been the most gutless, pee-balled club of recent years. its bowed to the powers, lost its own players to everyone, traded for middle aged "safer" option players, who ultimately proved to be duds, they are the "charlie brown" of club boards - ol wishy washy, fence sitting charlie brown.

Fortune favours the brave.

Their is going to be a VERY exciting vibe come through this club once gibbs and 2 (and possibly 4 others if thornton leaves) top kids coming to this club. throw polak in with bower, russell, walker, murphy and crowd favorite sentana and hopefully harlett all making the transition to regular 22 players - and polak will have a great place to re earn his reputation.

i see the diamond in polak

He'd be worth a punt in the pre-season draft no doubt about it i just wouldn't pay top dollar for him.

plus he comes with extra baggage because of his past keep that in mind do you wanna see another angwin/norman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back