Discussion I want to start a a campaign to (M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable

Remove this Banner Ad

NeXus Nick

All Australian
Jan 28, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
(M.S.S S).

I don't like it when Morons insinuate in the press that St Kilda should be axed from the AFL. It's time all supporters banded together and raised some much needed funds for the (our) club. This is the only way to shut these people up. I have no idea how to get this off the ground but I'm willing to try.

Do I need to contact the club? Do I need to create a website? Do I need to register an ABN? I have no idea. Is anyone interested in helping?

The time has come to act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(M.S.S S).

I don't like it when Morons insinuate in the press that St Kilda should be axed from the AFL. It's time all supporters banded together and raised some much needed funds for the (our) club. This is the only way to shut these people up. I have no idea how to get this off the ground but I'm willing to try.

Do I need to contact the club? Do I need to create a website? Do I need to register an ABN? I have no idea. Is anyone interested in helping?

The time has come to act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Couldn't agree more with this and have spoken buy PM with a couple of people on here about doing something to help the club

The worst part about all this is, I believe we had turned the corner and this year (unimpeded) would have set us up for the next 10 years. We gave up posting a profit last year to pay off some players (Paddy) and some other things. This year would have been the start of a more financially secure balance sheet.

The debt isn't a big problem, it's not ideal but our assets cover it comfortably. We're not going under.

It's just incredibly poor timing. St Kilda luck.

The worst part about all this is, I believe we had turned the corner and this year (unimpeded) would have set us up for the next 10 years. We gave up posting a profit last year to pay off some players (Paddy) and some other things. This year would have been the start of a more financially secure balance sheet.

The debt isn't a big problem, it's not ideal but our assets cover it comfortably. We're not going under.

It's just incredibly poor timing. St Kilda luck.
What are sellable assets. We have none really n debt is a huge problem or we wouldn’t be playing in china. We won’t go under but we may move next broadcasting rights.

If only we had a mega rich philanthropist president who could donate the exact amount of the entire debt and free the club up for long term success. Hmmm.....

Couldn't agree more with this and have spoken buy PM with a couple of people on here about doing something to help the club
I would like to be included in those discussions please. We need to do this while our fate is (still), in our own hands.

It's actions from individuals that have little influence by themselves, but who act collectively, that brings about change. Supporters and members of the club can generate a movement to get the club out of its financial difficulties better than any other structure. $20 Million is a big number, but its achievable with a reasonable time line. At the moment we probably have that bit of leeway. The idea gets my support!

I love your passion but you couldn't have picked a worse time to ask people for money , there is going to be so many people out of work and so many businesses closed by the time Covid has gone and who knows when that will be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a little annoyed at some of these responses. But the responses on SAINTSATIONAL are disgusting.......

Nick_BlueNRG
Club PlayerPosts: 372Joined: Sun 18 Aug 2019 11:53amHas thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 34 timesContact:
Contact Nick_BlueNRG
I want to start a a campaign to (M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
Post by Nick_BlueNRG » Sat 02 May 2020 2:47pm
(M.S.S S).

NeXus Nick is CityWest is NeXus Helen is DDC City West is St Nick = Arch Enemy of Joffaboy is Bunk_Moreland.
OnlineOnline
The Fireman
Saintsational LegendPosts: 8313Joined: Mon 08 Mar 2004 10:54pmHas thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 481 timesContact:
Contact The Fireman
Re: I want to start a a campaign to (M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
Unread post by The Fireman » Sat 02 May 2020 10:02pm
SOS

minneapolisClub PlayerPosts: 896Joined: Thu 22 Apr 2004 4:35amLocation: Done with Beijing. Happily retired in MN.Has thanked: 314 timesBeen thanked: 77 timesContact:
Contact minneapolis
Unread post by minneapolis » Sun 03 May 2020 2:04am
LOL

Better in than out.
desertsaint
Saintsational LegendPosts: 8364Joined: Sun 27 Apr 2008 1:02pmLocation: out thereHas thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 297 timesContact:
Contact desertsaint
Unread post by desertsaint » Sun 03 May 2020 10:33am
Happy to buy the club myself.
when we go into liquidation and creditors accept 2 cents in the dollar!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "

Start a GoFundMe page with a target of 20 million.

I am sure you will raise it in this climate.
We have to try something Joffaboy. How about we put our differences aside and help OUR club? And I never said $20Mill. Whatever we raise can only help!!!

(M.S.S S).

It could work.
Not sure of the structure but this could be some of the targets.
  • Create a funding vehicle that could live forever.
  • Have an initial target, say eliminate debt and have a good reserve, so about $20m initially
  • Target for generating funds.
    • The well heeled Fox, Basset, Ryan - $10m
    • Fund raise evens Gudinski, Warne, Riewoltd - $5m
    • Supports - $5m
    • Ongoing Bequeath and donations $2 - $3m pa
Thats a start.

It could work.
  • Have an initial target, say eliminate debt and have a good reserve, so about $20m initially
    • Supports - $5m
Thats a start.
You will also a structure (organisation), plan (simple at first), and a leader. Some one who has credibility and can sell the idea to the well healed and the club.

It could work.
    • Supports - $5m
Thats a start.
Of course it could work!
I was happy to see someone bring this subject up, as it was a week or so ago that I PM someone on this subject.
No one is saying let's raise 20 million by the end of the year, but why couldn't a group of supporters band together and raise $5 million, $10 million, $12 million or even $20 million over a 3 to 5 year period, with the support of the club on the proviso the every cent raised is for debt reduction.

The club has many sporting stars/personalities and celebrities that follow the club, a gala auction dinner or fund raising events;
Shane Warne
Gudinski
Riewoldt
Peter Hitchener News CH9
Alica Loxley Ch9
Michael Klim
Geaff Ogilivy Golf
Steve Allen Golf
Eric Banna

I'm sure there many others that could be added.

Auction a couple of game day coaching box experiences a year.
Rounds of golf with Warne and Ogilivy.

Find out if we could get a 1000, 3000, 5000 members to donate $5, $10, $50, $100 for each win over the next 3 - 5 years.

Past players' dinners where blokes like Cowboy, Harves, Alves and Sheldon do chat nights 3 or 4 times a year.

We all take one guest to a few games, we all get one of our mates on board as new member.
From little things big things grow.

Don't forgot the Hawks were gone all those years ago until Don Scott ripped that transfer off that jumper, they didn't have a cent, things can turn quickly. One good draft like they had or King, Bytel, Clark and the next kid we draft turn out to be superstars.

• The well heeled Fox, Basset, Ryan - $10 I would be surprised if Ryan & Basset haven't already put plenty of their own in already
I find it strange that a couple have knocked the idea of this thread, surely it's better than arguing whether Trump is a dickhead or not. A lot of us complain about us being so far in debt and how we hate the media bringing it up all the time. But whether it's your local footy, cricket, - netball club or your AFL team that club will only ever be as strong as its member/supporter base.

For those that don't think it can work or we cant help watch 9 news tonight

Happy to be the go-between from here and the club if you guys happen to come up with a plan/strategy. Happy to help too of course.
I'm also happy to help.
But before approaching anyone, Well Healed, Club or potential Credible Figure Head, you need a plan. Not too detailed at first but just something that outlines what this is about, how it will work, what the objectives are etc. Before this you also need a working group of supporters (maybe 3 - 4 with critical skills) who can prepare the plan and formulate the actions to sell the plan (execute)
Just my suggestions on the skills required in the Working Group
  • A leader who can get agreement on the process (to develop the plan), and drive its development
  • Skills in Preparation and presentations of the idea (case or whatever you call it)
  • Marketing
  • Finance or accounting
  • Influencing skills
This group would need to be formed in the first instance, so would would need to recruit supporters with the right skills and convince them to participate.
Am i off track here, i dont think so, if this is to work it needs a professional approach.

I have some ideas on the content of the PLAN, but just let me know any reaction to this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back