If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Christ, just gone B2B and they still search for validation. 😂😂

Not looking for validation. This Tigers team is amazing and I’m more than happy to tell you about it.

I’m just keen to see what excuses get trotted out now that the go to criticism has been blown to s**t. Especially from West Coast supporters who were the most vocal critics about the MCG. Nice to see I’ve got you guys searching my post history for threads to bump lmao

Not looking for validation. This Tigers team is amazing and I’m more than happy to tell you about it.

I’m just keen to see what excuses get trotted out now that the go to criticism has been blown to sh*t. Especially from West Coast supporters who were the most vocal critics about the MCG. Nice to see I’ve got you guys searching my post history for threads to bump lmao
Huh?? Your post history?

* me now you even want to make Richmond’s success all about you?

Dayuuum, let it all out, brother.

🤣🤣🤣

The sides up there with the best of them obviously but is this the best Richmond side ever? I’m pretty sure they’ve gone back to back a couple times. 3 flags in 4 years is better than that though

The sides up there with the best of them obviously but is this the best Richmond side ever? I’m pretty sure they’ve gone back to back a couple times. 3 flags in 4 years is better than that though

Possibly.

4/8 from 1967-1974 is the other contender but there was a fair bit of turnover of players.

Possibly.

4/8 from 1967-1974 is the other contender but there was a fair bit of turnover of players.
Vic Thorp over Alex Rance at least, right?

I’m quite partial to the Richmond side of 1927-‘30 myself. 👍

I reckon this is the best team Richmond have had. Might not have as many impressive players as other seasons, but as a unit they have to be up top.

I reckon this is the best team Richmond have had. Might not have as many impressive players as other seasons, but as a unit they have to be up top.
Good point.

We've all seen sides with amazing standout players go close. That perhaps if the team was more even/more cohesive may have cleared that last hurdle.

fu** me, someone who gets it. Imagine trying to argue playing games 400m away from your 5 star resort where your family resides in front of 2000 neutral supporters is the same as flying across the country every fortnight.
Lol. Your mob spent the entire season at home and still choked in front of your home crowd when push came to shove. Hamish Hartlett made a total big mouth jerk of himself and the bow and arrow kid would be embarrassed to go outside wouldn't he after fluffing that chest mark 15m out. If you're upset about all of that when you expected to have the flag handed to you on a platter because it was your 150th well newsflash, you have to win it. The last time I looked a flight to Melb from Adelaide takes under an hour. The sooking is unbelievable. Lol

fu** me, someone who gets it. Imagine trying to argue playing games 400m away from your 5 star resort where your family resides in front of 2000 neutral supporters is the same as flying across the country every fortnight.
Spot on.

Relocating interstate for over 110 days is incomparable to any other season.

An incredible achievement winning a flag in those circumstances.

Spot on.

Relocating interstate for over 110 days is incomparable to any other season.

An incredible achievement winning a flag in those circumstances.
remember all that proof they had about flying is bad, they had no 300 game players, now Freo have 2, things have gone very quiet on that front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m just keen to see what excuses get trotted out now that the go to criticism has been blown to sh*t. Especially from West Coast supporters who were the most vocal critics about the MCG. Nice to see I’ve got you guys searching my post history for threads to bump lmao

How many games have you lost at the Gabba over the last 10 years?

Never underestimate corporate greed especially after the fixturing of the '20 season. Any interstate team that could possibly pull 80 K+ punters each week will likely be dragged into a Vic hub and play 6-8 games at the G in month or so. Then you can claim to be royally screwed. On the positive, the home ground advantage for the Pies and Tiges diminishes as they are rostered elsewhere, maybe out west?

How many games have you lost at the Gabba over the last 10 years?

Relevance?

Or is this just an extention of the usual WCE fan theory that away games are only bad if you have to fly east across the nullabor to get to them? (and your club name doesn't include the letter F of course).

Relevance?

Or is this just an extention of the usual WCE fan theory that away games are only bad if you have to fly east across the nullabor to get to them? (and your club name doesn't include the letter F of course).

I ask because the record shows that the Gabba is basically your home away from home, so it‘s blatantly bullshit to say that the ground and travel doesn’t factor in at all. Would Richmond have won the GF against us in Perth? What about against Geelong at Simonds Stadium? Arguably your greatest win this year was against Port at Adelaide Oval, but, considering they’re the biggest chokers of all time, I found that result hardly surprising.

I ask because the record shows that the Gabba is basically your home away from home, so it‘s blatantly bullshit to say that the ground and travel doesn’t factor in at all. Would Richmond have won the GF against us in Perth? What about against Geelong at Simonds Stadium? Arguably your greatest win this year was against Port at Adelaide Oval, but, considering they’re the biggest chokers of all time, I found that result hardly surprising.
Richmond can’t do squat away from the MCG and they know it. If they had met anyone other than Geelong in the GF this year then I reckon a few of their older boys would be looking at the Rance retirement option.

Richmond can’t do squat away from the MCG and they know it. If they had met anyone other than Geelong in the GF this year then I reckon a few of their older boys would be looking at the Rance retirement option.
Very funny :)

Very funny :)

Then what do you call it when a team has to play 16 games straight on the road to win the premiership?

I’d call it damn impressive. And it’s certainly silenced a lot of the detractors that used that weak argument last year.

Richmond won 13 games outside their home state this year. Has that ever been bettered? I very much doubt it. Possibly the greatest travelling side of all time

Please, if West Coast had of had 8 straight at their home ground and finals at their home ground, they would win it, just like Richm.......oh, wait a minute...........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back