If you can't stand the heat

Remove this Banner Ad

Daphne

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
For a lot of reasons I'm not sure that I can keep visiting this site. You can go visit that club song s**t to see what I mean, I can take the tongue in cheek stuff but honestly the stuff said about us is always bloody negative, well most of it is anyway. I hope I get his name right Sydney Fan he was ok until he thought I was having a go at him, he seemed to get himself and A Fan of The Swans mixed up and thought I was taking a shot at him. I can take what they say, but the fact that they actually believe that we are in trouble well that really gets to me. It is almost like everyone is just waiting ready to pounce. Well now you see I think I need some sort of councelling, for years and years i have been hearing "the next couple of years will tell" or "you wont be hear next century" (that was last century)we are still here arent we, others have or nearly have gone before us, I think we were supposed to fold back before South Melbourne did bloody hell. I dont want to sound to precious but our team was the third best team in the AFL last year you know our History and yet the supporters from other clubs think that we are of no consequence because they think we are going to disappear (although I think it is wishful thinking on their behalf) I have sat at the football when the opposition dish out all of this crap and everyone just sits there, they dont even bother to pick on our players anymore other than Carey of course, and most just sit and take it, I am sick of the good sport Nth Melb supporters as Michele says take aim and fire let them have it we need to get attitude and stuff the rest of them. I know it is a hard fight but it is worth the bloody fight. Now I think I am going to try and add that to my name hmmmm I wonder how you get back in there.

Daphne give it time...
After a couple of weeks you will see who is having a bit of fun and who the genuinely spiteful arseholes are.
Regarding TT's club songs piece, I found it pretty amusing and he isn't one to take cheap shots at any club in particular, and he takes the piss out of his own mob too.

For as long as our club isn't one of the more affluent ones, the "poor club" label is a cruel but honest one, just as the cellar-dwellers have to put up with the bagging about the lack of success.

------------------
Other bands play, Manowar KILL !!!!!!!!!

Daphne

Darky's words ring true....stick around for a while and you'll figure out who's clued up and who isn't (which is why I sprung to BSA's defence in that other thread because he generally has a pretty healthy respect for our club and has stuck up for us on several occassions). We've even had a situation where a few Essendon supporters stuck up for us against another Essendon fan who took a few cheap shots at us....and those fans who stuck up for us were some of the same ones involved in some pretty strong Roos vs Dons sparring throughout the year.

Anyway Daphne, I hope you stick around. The more clued up North fans there are, the better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back