If you were list manager…

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Doutta "pr0n" Stars
How many players on our current list would you be staunch to hold onto?

For me, it’s 6.

The remainder - wouldn’t lose any sleep over.

Am I being harsh?

I’d definitely like to keep: Larkey, Logue, McKay, Scott, Sheezel, Wardlaw, phillips, Thomas, Zurhaar, LDU, Curtis, Stephenson, Simpkin and one of CCJ/Xerri

14 in total who I think are either good enough now or at least likely to have the potential to be good enough to play in a premiership side.

I also wouldn’t be delisting Powell, Ford, Goater, Comben, Harvey, Bergman or Archer either but these players are perhaps more speculative at this stage.
The rest of the names in the squad I’d be very surprised if they were in our next premiership push.

I’d definitely like to keep: Larkey, Logue, McKay, Scott, Sheezel, Wardlaw, phillips, Thomas, Zurhaar, LDU, Curtis, Stephenson, Simpkin and one of CCJ/Xerri

14 in total who I think are either good enough now or at least likely to have the potential to be good enough to play in a premiership side.

I also wouldn’t be delisting Powell, Ford, Goater, Comben, Harvey, Bergman or Archer either but these players are perhaps more speculative at this stage.
The rest of the names in the squad I’d be very surprised if they were in our next premiership push.

Disagree on Stephenson. He couldn’t tackle a 9 year old girl and he doesn’t give us enough offensively to cover that. He’s supposed to be able to run all day, yet he doesn’t work hard enough to give us defensive cover or link up enough going forward.

I think he can play, but he’s not working hard enough. I wouldn’t be fussed if they let him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree on Stephenson. He couldn’t tackle a 9 year old girl and he doesn’t give us enough offensively to cover that. He’s supposed to be able to run all day, yet he doesn’t work hard enough to give us defensive cover or link up enough going forward.

I think he can play, but he’s not working hard enough. I wouldn’t be fussed if they let him go.
Agree he could and should be doing more around the ground but he’s currently only one of two players consistently capable of kicking multiple goals. Don’t think he’s be one we want to lose or give up on.

Is this the new delist thread?

Delist/Retire off senior list
1. Goldy
2. Ziebell
3. Cunners
4. Hall
5. Spicer
6. Mahony
7. Young

Delist/retire off rookie lis
1. Shiels
2. Howe
3. Free

We currently only have 4 decent draft picks, 5 once we get our pp. need to bring in 2 players through trade/FA
l would keep Shiels, Young and Free..........the rest can go..and seriously go after Harry Himmleberg..

Agree he could and should be doing more around the ground but he’s currently only one of two players consistently capable of kicking multiple goals. Don’t think he’s be one we want to lose or give up on.

He doesn’t kick enough goals to justify getting away with the other stuff.

I don’t want to give up on him either, but I’m going with the theme of this brutal thread.

He has so much potential and is just coasting on it.

I wouldn’t be trying to do this overnight. We’ve seen what happens when we cut too deep. One of the positives about 2023 has been how strong our vfl team has been which is helping the young guys develop. 5-7 delistings is probably where it needs to be, depending on how many picks we have/players traded in.

We need to be methodical about who we bring into the club moving forward. Athletic profile and skill being a huge emphasis. Replacing s***men with more s***men isn’t the answer.

I wouldn’t be trying to do this overnight. We’ve seen what happens when we cut too deep. One of the positives about 2023 has been how strong our vfl team has been which is helping the young guys develop. 5-7 delistings is probably where it needs to be, depending on how many picks we have/players traded in.

We need to be methodical about who we bring into the club moving forward. Athletic profile and skill being a huge emphasis. Replacing s***men with more s***men isn’t the answer.

Next 12 months is operation get McKay, LMac, Ziebell and Corr out of the team. Don't care how we do that but it needs to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back