List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:

just a short 30 day wait until trade week
Jimmy Fallon Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

We are not closer to a flag than the saints lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Saints list is in a funny place and we will see next year the answer to this question but I think they may need to step back to move forward snd we may step over them if we can bring in some steady mature players.

Reckon the Saints have overachieved tbh. Young team that had a great sugar rush against teams that should've beaten them and then had a form slump before steadying the ship. Very much like North 2012 except we showed some of the best attacking flair that year against seemingly better opposition.

I'm not particularly sold on Hunter Clark. He didn't look much good against us and that says something. I'm not sure whether we can extract the best out of him. Not because we can't, but because I don't think he has the desire to do so.

The Saints list is in a funny place and we will see next year the answer to this question but I think they may need to step back to move forward snd we may step over them if we can bring in some steady mature players.
It’s Lyon we’re talking about here - he’ll be topping up

They lack genuine midfield class. They’ve done well to get where they have this year to be fair. I don’t see where a flag is coming from with their list. Lyon will probably keep them competitive though.

They lack genuine midfield class. They’ve done well to get where they have this year to be fair. I don’t see where a flag is coming from with their list. Lyon will probably keep them competitive though.
I sorta see them playing like Freo did in 2013-15.

They'll definitely make top 4, but Ross is all about 100% effort and pressure in his game plans. It works, sure, but when it comes to the big dance you need the absolute prolific players to get you home when effort does slip (no such thing as 4 quarter efforts). The game plan needs to stack up and hold. Thats why we always talk about premiership quarters. They make the other team try to overcome the deficit that they allowed to slip through. Right now, that's where the Saints are at. Switch off for a few moments and it's game over.

The game is already so tiring from running and defensive zoning that it's pretty much impossible to keep pressuring and tackling. It requires the absolute best adrenaline rush to keep momentum. Just doesn't happen.

A graders are A graders for the moment that matters the most. The premiership moment.

I'm not particularly sold on Hunter Clark. He didn't look much good against us and that says something. I'm not sure whether we can extract the best out of him. Not because we can't, but because I don't think he has the desire to do so.
Clark's only point of difference is that he can use his non preferred well. Granted, that puts him in elite company at North (with Jy, and no one else), but otherwise he's slow, not particularly intense with his workrate, and doesn't hit the scoreboard. I don't rate Fisher much at all but I'd have him over Clark, especially given our glut of inside mid types

Whilst the Saints would definitely be bolstered by Liam Henry coming in, I can't help but think this is like Stephen Hill for Freo.

Lots of dash and speed, but just not clean enough with disposal to add that edge.

Clark's only point of difference is that he can use his non preferred well. Granted, that puts him in elite company at North (with Jy, and no one else), but otherwise he's slow, not particularly intense with his workrate, and doesn't hit the scoreboard. I don't rate Fisher much at all but I'd have him over Clark, especially given our glut of inside mid types
Jesus Christ! Did you just say Jy can use both sides?? campaigner couldn't hit Nikki minaj's ass with his right. * me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist, not enough hitouts……I really don’t get negatively on Will.

I'm not negative on will at all, but comparing wills 3rd season to Cunningtons 2nd seems pretty disingenuous to me.

Their 3rd seasons are tracking very similarly. I ♥️ will. I hope will can become our Selwood.

I'm not negative on will at all, but comparing wills 3rd season to Cunningtons 2nd seems pretty disingenuous to me.

Their 3rd seasons are tracking very similarly. I ♥️ will. I hope will can become our Selwood.
Given that Will was drafted out of the severely hit Covid season - even setting aside the glandular fever - I think the extra development year is fair.

Jesus Christ! Did you just say Jy can use both sides?? campaigner couldn't hit Nikki minaj's ass with his right. * me.
He wouldn’t be the only one trying to hit Nikki Minsk’s ass..

They have great key position players. Combine them with our mids and you will have the next dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brad Crouch’s 15 odd touches when he’s on $600k a year is a clear example of where they are at.

Watch the GWS today. It's all about run & speed.
It's more than run and speed though.
It's first applying pressure contest after contest to win the ball
Then it's the spread to run and carry
Then it's the skills to be able to hit team mates by hand and foot as they surge forward.

We can win the contest, although perhaps not over 4 quarters
But our spread to run and carry, and our skills, need a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back