List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
I always find it odd when we pot finals sides from the cheap seats in the bottom 2.

Perhaps an element here is not all finals sides are equal and we went through 20 years of where Saint Kilda appear to be now.

Not good enough to actually challenge, not bad enough to get the top talent. From these cheap seats it almost looks like they've been told they can't bottom out (they were carrying $7m in debt at the end of last year).

This is then compounded by Lyon not being a rebuilding coach, he is a coach that wants to challenge every year. He doesn't have the pieces to do that and I can't see how he gets them? They would need everything to fall right to steal a flag.

As much as I want to be back in finals I don't want us to be scraping in having sides that are clearly above where we top out.

Perhaps an element here is not all finals sides are equal and we went through 20 years of where Saint Kilda appear to be now.

Not good enough to actually challenge, not bad enough to get the top talent. From these cheap seats it almost looks like they've been told they can't bottom out (they were carrying $7m in debt at the end of last year).

This is then compounded by Lyon not being a rebuilding coach, he is a coach that wants to challenge every year. He doesn't have the pieces to do that and I can't see how he gets them? They would need everything to fall right to steal a flag.

As much as I want to be back in finals I don't want us to be scraping in having sides that are clearly above where we top out.
Can’t like the bolded bit enough.

100% agree there is a massive difference between making finals and making finals while pushing towards a flag.

On the off-chance there was anything to this Scrimshaw scuttlebutt, as a good contracted player, would the trade capital be about an F2? Or, if we got the same PP as last year, the higher of the two picks?

(Yes I’m just posting this as an excuse to use the phrase “Scrimshaw scuttlebutt”)

I always find it odd when we pot finals sides from the cheap seats in the bottom 2.
And as an extension, denigrate the majority of opposition players who might be linked with us, conveniently ignoring the dross on our list who they’d replace.

On the off-chance there was anything to this Scrimshaw scuttlebutt, as a good contracted player, would the trade capital be about an F2? Or, if we got the same PP as last year, the higher of the two picks?

(Yes I’m just posting this as an excuse to use the phrase “Scrimshaw scuttlebutt”)

What happened with Scrimshaw?

I’m not 100% sure he fits their side. They already have plenty of outside run.

But I don’t think we will lose sleep if we were interested and he hasn’t chosen us.
Nope agree with your thoughts on not losing any sleep….he‘ll end up being just another footballer in their ordinary production line….

Was Dougal Howard injured, or did Ross Lyon decide he's not up to elimination final standard ? if the latter, i actually agree with him, hope we are not looking at him.

Was Dougal Howard injured, or did Ross Lyon decide he's not up to elimination final standard ? if the latter, i actually agree with him, hope we are not looking at him.

Probably a little of both. I hope we steer clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Tomlinson has lost 3 off 22 1v1s this season (13.6%)
Dougal Howard has lost 13 of 58 (22.4%)
Ben McKay has lost 11 of 46 (23.9%)

Tomlinson not playing against the same standard of player but still a great record.

Adam Tomlinson has lost 3 off 22 1v1s this season (13.6%)
Dougal Howard has lost 13 of 58 (22.4%)
Ben McKay has lost 11 of 46 (23.9%)

Tomlinson not playing against the same standard of player but still a great record.
Yeah, but there are levels to this … counter argument is that Mckay has played on the opposition’s best forward whilst his direct opponents have been getting by far the cleaner forward entries .

Tomlinson and to a lesser extent Howard would be getting a lot more junk forward entries .

Yeah, but there are levels to this … counter argument is that Mckay has played on the opposition’s best forward whilst his direct opponents have been getting by far the cleaner forward entries .

Tomlinson and to a lesser extent Howard would be getting a lot more junk forward entries .

Last edited:
I’d take that bet… Minaj has no shortage of junk in her trunk
Old West Yes GIF by GritTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back