List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
WCE would be stupid just take pick 1 and their next pick (around 27 after everything). I’d rather take multiple picks within the first round then one player within the first 30 picks but that’s just me. Doesn’t seem like a logical rebuild to me. It’s also Reid or nothing. No chance they take Curtin with 1 knowing their next pick is late 20s.
So are you insinuating that we are stupid also; In 2021 our pick #1 was JHF and our next pick was #21 Josh Goater..:think:

Last edited:
Did anyone hear cal mention on gettable today about Harleys dislike of flying ?
I wasn’t thrilled (I say that loosely) to read when clubs interviewed him they asked who his top 3 clubs would be to play for and he said Pies, because of the atmosphere, Geelong, because he barracked for them, and 3rd was the club who asked the question (smart). If we do secure him, let’s hope he doesn’t get tempted to leave to play for a ‘big’ club!

1.5m a season on a genuine gumby who occasionally stands in the right place and marks it thanks more to the genetics of his gigantic-handed father than any technical skill, and Jade Gresham who has previously missed an entire season due to an Achilles which has also robbed him of any explosiveness he might have had before

Probably another $300-400K on a 35 year old ruckman who is perpetually horny, can't ruck alongside anyone else over 185cm, and will probably stifle the development of two younger ruckmen like Bryan and Draper (if the latter's hip/groin doesn't disintegrate in the next few years)

And they also want to get in the lesser Duursma to assumedly average 11 touches on a wing and do his best impression of Cale Morton whenever there's another human adult male within 15 metres of him

Brad Scott forever baby

Perpetually horny is ******* wild!!!!

I wasn’t thrilled (I say that loosely) to read when clubs interviewed him they asked who his top 3 clubs would be to play for and he said Pies, because of the atmosphere, Geelong, because he barracked for them, and 3rd was the club who asked the question (smart). If we do secure him, let’s hope he doesn’t get tempted to leave to play for a ‘big’ club!
Annoyed me too.

He would be but … Ive heard some things through an ex player. Wont go into details. Not going to plaster what was said. But what I will say, its not peaches and roses in Footscray.
Is it linked to Bevo and the fact he has no assistants next year?

They have great crowds when they are flying, but like Richmond, 1/2 to 3/4 are fair weather supporters. They have some shocking attendances at Docklands for a club with 100k members when they start having a poor year.

We are not anywhere as big, but we don't drop off like fair weather clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don’t see how this doesn’t get done??
I reckon it’ll get done. It’s just a matter of:
2 or 3, with whoever takes 2 promising not to bid on <TBA>
and how much of the later trades 15, 17, 18 are included.

Part of that will be influenced by whether GoDees offer 6+11+F1.

I reckon it’ll get done. It’s just a matter of:
2 or 3, with whoever takes 2 promising not to bid on <TBA>
and how much of the later trades 15, 17, 18 are included.

Part of that will be influenced by whether GoDees offer 6+11+F1.
I don't see the Dees offer being near close - some talk on the board by those in the know McKercher is genuinely our second preference, not Curtin. We need the Pick 2 for that.

If my maths is correct, that leaves 1 list spot left.

Assuming we take 5 picks in the draft which is what Brady said today.
If we take biggy and the 5 it'll mean mahoney and bonar are gone from senior list as I believe pink is on the senior list. Then it'll be interesting to see who they rookie. With Turner bonar and mahoney off contract there would be 3 rookie spots left as Howe and Edwards were on rookie list. However I recall Brady mentioning us looking to rookie another ruck so gonna be a fight for 2 spots.

Pure speculation, but I think that WC are trading the pick. They will get good offers.

I think that Brady thinks that dropping pick 2 or 3 into the deal will get it done but is waiting on that.

If WC want Curtin and we offered 2, 15, 18 then they would be smart to then trade 2 back to 6 and 11 and end up with 6, 11, 15, 18.

But my guess is that they want McKercher and then to either draft Edwards & Tholstrup or to use those picks to slide back in for Curtin in live trading.

I feel like I should now apologise for smashing small, round, stripy wallabies to pieces playing paddy ball as a kid.
Hand on heart didn’t notice any pouches.
Takes me back to my childhood playing soldiers using paddy melons as grenades. Was helpful in building up good agility as we dodged both paddy melons and tiger snakes in the back paddock. Luckily for me my brother ran out of penny bungers and wasn’t allowed to continue shooting me with his air rifle which I appreciated.

If my maths is correct, that leaves 1 list spot left.

Assuming we take 5 picks in the draft which is what Brady said today.

He didn't quite say that... he said he was happy with what we had but they would keep looking for opportunities to get higher...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Come in peace fellas ✌️

Twomey mentioned you were looking to grab a pick in the 11/12/13 area.

Just wondering what you think would be on offer for pick 13
You can have 18 and we’ll we throw in a dashing pressure forward with coming into his prime - turner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back