If you think the AFL footy show is bad....

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
I usually see the NRL footy show and last night I saw one of the most spineless hack displays of all time.

Adam McDougal, a South Sydney player was on. I didn't know much about the situation, but it sounded similar in a way to Aker. McDougal had decided he wasn't staying at Souths, which didn't impress Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes A Court, he said Crowe never spoke to him after he said he was leaving, then when McDougal signed with Newcastle he was told he wouldn't be playing with Souths again this season.

The panel obviously wanted to know more Crowe dirt, and McDougal was asked how much did Crowe have to do around the club, McDougal said Crowe would sometimes be at training. He was then asked what Crowe would do at training, McDougal said something like this: "well he pulled me off the track a few times and told me how I should be running." :D:D

The audience and the panel laughed, but as soon as the laughter died down, Paul Harrigan (who I consider the biggest sports media hack in the country) said something like this "yeah but it's great to have a bloke like Russell Crowe involved in Souths and in our game." :eek::eek:

Are you kidding me? Why in god's name did Harrigan have to instantly clarify for Russell Crowe and tell us what a great thing it is that he's involved, unless he's a mate, or wields an amazing amount of influence.
It was the biggest suckfest I had ever seen, McDougal comes on answers the questions they want to hear, they wanted to know about Crowe and when a negative comes up, this cretin Harrigan goes into bat for Crowe.

Then as the interview ended, Fatty decided to tell everyone again what a great job Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes a Court are doing and how it's great to have them involved in the game. :eek::eek:

Crowe sounds like the over involved dad who used to come to training and pull not only his son to the side, but every other kid, to give them his 2 cents worth.
I had never seen such a pathetic bunch of mealy-mouthed, sycophants in all my life, why would you go out of your way to defend a bloke who does that, even if he does own the club??

Uhh... I don't like NRL or their Footy Show but I don't see that as a huge deal...

Maybe I'm missing something

what are you on about you mug

if it wasnt for russel crowe there would be no souths in 5 years

fair enough he's a ******** but aleast he's putting money in for his club

stick to what you know

dmc333 said:
I usually see the NRL footy show and last night I saw one of the most spineless hack displays of all time.

Adam McDougal, a South Sydney player was on. I didn't know much about the situation, but it sounded similar in a way to Aker. McDougal had decided he wasn't staying at Souths, which didn't impress Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes A Court, he said Crowe never spoke to him after he said he was leaving, then when McDougal signed with Newcastle he was told he wouldn't be playing with Souths again this season.

The panel obviously wanted to know more Crowe dirt, and McDougal was asked how much did Crowe have to do around the club, McDougal said Crowe would sometimes be at training. He was then asked what Crowe would do at training, McDougal said something like this: "well he pulled me off the track a few times and told me how I should be running." :D:D

The audience and the panel laughed, but as soon as the laughter died down, Paul Harrigan (who I consider the biggest sports media hack in the country) said something like this "yeah but it's great to have a bloke like Russell Crowe involved in Souths and in our game." :eek::eek:

Are you kidding me? Why in god's name did Harrigan have to instantly clarify for Russell Crowe and tell us what a great thing it is that he's involved, unless he's a mate, or wields an amazing amount of influence.
It was the biggest suckfest I had ever seen, McDougal comes on answers the questions they want to hear, they wanted to know about Crowe and when a negative comes up, this cretin Harrigan goes into bat for Crowe.

Then as the interview ended, Fatty decided to tell everyone again what a great job Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes a Court are doing and how it's great to have them involved in the game. :eek::eek:

Crowe sounds like the over involved dad who used to come to training and pull not only his son to the side, but every other kid, to give them his 2 cents worth.
I had never seen such a pathetic bunch of mealy-mouthed, sycophants in all my life, why would you go out of your way to defend a bloke who does that, even if he does own the club??
heres a tip, you obviously have NFI about RL and the situation with the Rabitohs so you shouldnt comment about it. If you understood you wouldnt be saying this

PLSC said:
what are you on about you mug

if it wasnt for russel crowe there would be no souths in 5 years

fair enough he's a ******** but aleast he's putting money in for his club

stick to what you know

What's the problem, I'm not allowed to comment? This is the webboard, not The Sydney Morning Herald.
I made one crack about Crowe, maybe that diverted your attention away from the point of the post, so i'll make it clear, these clowns on the NRL footy show were obviously digging for some dirt on Crowe. McDougal offers something which is somewhat embarrassing for Crowe, the crowd laughs and these jokers on the panel back away from it at 100 miles an hour.
It doesn't matter if I know anything about Souths, Crowe, McDougal or anything else in the NRL, that's irrelevant, but I do know a bunch of gutless hacks when I see them.
And why is it a problem for people to be critical of Crowe, either way? He's suddenly absolved from any scrutiny because he's pouring money into the club?? :rolleyes:

yeh the NRL one is better in my opinion i like both codes but the NRL footy show has a way of getting peoples attentions and yeh i just think gaz and james could learn something from fatty and the guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

afls bloody way better than the nrl. only thing thats reasonable in the nrl show is the matty johns/reg reagan skits. other than that its pretty poor especially the segment "thats gold" it reminds me of that western front "W" thing where they make it some biggy and make it look like its something big just cos johhny howard did a half w and was told to fix it up (WA's would know what im saying if they watch the western front at the end of the episode). the afl footy show is getting better by every episode.since eddie left its gotten better. love the sam and crawford relationship.

dmc333 said:
It doesn't matter if I know anything about Souths, Crowe, McDougal or anything else in the NRL, that's irrelevant, but I do know a bunch of gutless hacks when I see them.

Yes it does, learn a thing or two about what has been going on with that club and you will understand why they were praising Crowe for what he has done to that club;)

Have heard that, long before he took a controlling stake in the Rabbitohs, Russ has addressed players at half-time.

Bit of a worry if it's true.

Holmes A Court and Crowe have promised a lot - will be interesting to see if they can deliver...

Coughlan said:
Yes it does, learn a thing or two about what has been going on with that club and you will understand why they were praising Crowe for what he has done to that club;)

Yeah I know in a half arsed way what is going on, and I know McDougal is a big mouth, but why immediately undermine a bloke who has been good enough to come on your show, especially when they were digging for a Crowe comment in the first place (for their show's publicity) but then when McDougal gave it, they wanted to distance themselves personally from it.
Souths had already decided to put their spin on McDougal, it was fair enough for McDougal to fire back, but then Chief and Fatty immediately have to qualify what a great bloke Crowe is and all the good he does.
But still, my problem isn't with Crowe/Souths or any of that, I have no problem with Crowe (i like his films) what he did sounds pretty stupid, but it's the spineless actions of those talentless hacks Fatty and Chief. Why does Russell Crowe need to be put in an ivory tower, I'm sure he can defend himself.
They both came off like blokes who aren't far away from the big A, want to brown nose to all the big timers in the game and drop to their knees at the first opportunity to keep everyone happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back