If you were a terrorist, where would hit Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by mantis
Well I can tell you I am scared that the Anzac Day match would be the perfect target, 70,000 people & Anzac Day which is a remembance of war, hope my fears are wrong cause I will be there. :(

I'll be there too, Sandie ... Just think ... We might die together. Wouldn't that be romantic?

Yeah, well ... I hope I'm wrong, of course ... but I think the ANZAC Day footy match would have to be the odds-on favourite at this stage. A plane into the Great Southern Stand would be very messy indeed.

(let's just hope Osama bin Laden barracks for Collingwood ... or at least Essendon :))

By the way, who's home game is it? I'm just wondering where the Cheer Squad will be sitting.

Hmm ... I reckon it would make the World Trade Centre look like a picnic. Can't imagine there'd be many survivors.

As a nation, we deserve it ...

But I still don't want it to happen, just the same.

I'd have no problem with them flying a plane into The Lodge ... but only if Johnny's at home.

Actually ... how do you people know they haven't ALREADY struck. What about those bushfires over the summer. How do you know they weren't the work of terrorists.

By the way, I'm sorry if this post seems like I'm making light of all this. I take this stuff very seriously indeed.

It's just that our actions AS A NATION have earned us a terrorist attack. We've been asking for it. We deserve it. And we WILL get it ... NO RISK ...

It's only a matter of when and where.

Originally posted by Dr.Grouse
I'll be there too, Sandie ... Just think ... We might die together. Wouldn't that be romantic?

Yeah, well ... I hope I'm wrong, of course ... but I think the ANZAC Day footy match would have to be the odds-on favourite at this stage. A plane into the Great Southern Stand would be very messy indeed.

(let's just hope Osama bin Laden barracks for Collingwood ... or at least Essendon :))

By the way, who's home game is it? I'm just wondering where the Cheer Squad will be sitting.

Hmm ... I reckon it would make the World Trade Centre look like a picnic. Can't imagine there'd be many survivors.

As a nation, we deserve it ...

But I still don't want it to happen, just the same.

I'd have no problem with them flying a plane into The Lodge ... but only if Johnny's at home.

Actually ... how do you people know they haven't ALREADY struck. What about those bushfires over the summer. How do you know they weren't the work of terrorists.

By the way, I'm sorry if this post seems like I'm making light of all this. I take this stuff very seriously indeed.

It's just that our actions AS A NATION have earned us a terrorist attack. We've been asking for it. We deserve it. And we WILL get it ... NO RISK ...

LOL Alf dying with a Pies supporter is one thing I wouldn't want. :D

It is our home game, are you going to the Cricketer's before the game, otherwise we will have to arrange to meet at half time or something, we have to meet, we are opposed on some things & agree with others, would be good to chat. ;)

My concern would be that these mothers would be cunning enough to not do the obvious. How would we be able to protect ourselves against attacks in smallish country towns? Just drive a truck filled with explosives into say, Cootamundra or Ararat.

Whoosh.

Not as many victims, but the terror induced would be increased by a factor of a thousand. It may be almost possible to protect iconic buildings in big cities, trouble is, everywhere is a target.

Originally posted by Dry Rot
Perhaps its easiest to answer where you live.

For Sydney, obvious targets are:

- Lucas Heights Reactor, when a big southerly is bowling

Yeah, well, I guess it would kill the people who actually work there & it would mean that the hospitals all round Australia wouldn't get a lot of their isotopes that they need for medical imaging.......but really, what exactly do you think the big southerly would do???

Originally posted by Dr.Grouse

As a nation we no more deserve a terrorist attack than the civilians in Baghdad deserve to be bombed.

You criticise the killing of innocents in Iraq, but seem to think that terrorists would be justified to do the same in Australia.

Moomba

I doubt that Grouse meant it literally, Moomba.

Certainly some Arab states and Muslims would see it that way, and British intelligence certainly thinks that we are more of a target now, even if John H doesn't.

Killing of innocents is never justified, IMO, not even for the "greater good", IMO.
Originally posted by moomba
As a nation we no more deserve a terrorist attack than the civilians in Baghdad deserve to be bombed.

You criticise the killing of innocents in Iraq, but seem to think that terrorists would be justified to do the same in Australia.

Moomba

Melbourne:

- MCG
- Rialto
- Subway (Parliament Station, with its long escalators, would be a death trap in the event of a chemical attack)
- Burnley tunnel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: If you were a terrorist, where would hit Australia?

Originally posted by Dry Rot
Blow any fallout over eastern Sydney.
LOL You are aware aren't you that the Lucas Heights reactor is only a very small reactor used mainly for medicine ? The worst that would happen would be a bit of radioactive iodine escapes into the atmosphere, but it would be such a small amount that it would do no damage to anyone......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back