International Football General Talk Thread

What are you most looking forward to from the first international break of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest problem for them is that they can't really fit their 3 most talented players in the same team. I imagine it would actually be quite frustrating.
I remember when Uruguay had that problem with Forlan, Cavani and Suarez

They were lucky Suarez and Cavani could play as inside forwards

For me, Modric, Rakitic and Mandzukic are Croatia's best 3 players, so shouldn't be a problem really as one is a deep lying playmaker, the other is a versatile central mid and the other is a striker.

I guess Argentina has a massive problem at the moment though fitting all of Messi, Dybala, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Icardi etc into the one team.

I remember when Uruguay had that problem with Forlan, Cavani and Suarez

They were lucky Suarez and Cavani could play as inside forwards

For me, Modric, Rakitic and Mandzukic are Croatia's best 3 players, so shouldn't be a problem really as one is a deep lying playmaker, the other is a versatile central mid and the other is a striker.

I guess Argentina has a massive problem at the moment though fitting all of Messi, Dybala, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Icardi etc into the one team.
I was going with Modric, Rakitic and Kovacic. I'm not sure they can play all three of those guys in the one side.

And yeah that would be tough on the Argentinian manager. It's almost too much depth. He'll be criticised no matter what combination of players he picks with people saying it should have been any of the others.

I was going with Modric, Rakitic and Kovacic. I'm not sure they can play all three of those guys in the one side.

And yeah that would be tough on the Argentinian manager. It's almost too much depth. He'll be criticised no matter what combination of players he picks with people saying it should have been any of the others.
Kovacic is next tier down for me with the likes of Perisic

Yeah probably could be an issue defensively there with them three

Imo Argentina will win nothing with Messi around, he retires then Dybala and Icardi will lead them to glory shortly afterwards.

England will win the WC in 2026. Nailed on I think we’ve cleaned up in the youth WC’s recently. Plus Harry, Alli and Winks will all be in their optimum Prime

England will win the WC in 2026. Nailed on I think we’ve cleaned up in the youth WC’s recently. Plus Harry, Alli and Winks will all be in their optimum Prime
Kane will be in his prime at 32?

The real story this week is Leatherhead FC in the FA Cup

Don't you mean Slough? Defeated their 6th tier rivals 6-0. Hereford defeated Trinity 1-0 (6th tier), and Leatherhead defeated a fellow Tier 7 side.

They are the lowest ranked sides still in it.

Unfortunately, all three Tier 7 Sides play League One sides (Leatherhead do have the best chance with League Two Wycombe).

Don't you mean Slough? Defeated their 6th tier rivals 6-0. Hereford defeated Trinity 1-0 (6th tier), and Leatherhead defeated a fellow Tier 7 side.

They are the lowest ranked sides still in it.

Unfortunately, all three Tier 7 Sides play League One sides (Leatherhead do have the best chance with League Two Wycombe).

Are they the amateur club who beat a team five divisions higher than them?

dunno iop. i just like their name D:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch. I ran this and got Brazil, Spain, Sweden.

Ran again: Argentina, Croatia, Costa Rica. Yeah I'll just stop now.

http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage-Draws
Last time I did this, I ended up with Spain, Netherlands and Chile. That, unfortunately, turned out to be true. This time I landed Belgium, Switzerland and Tunisia. Could be a lot worse, Belgium and Switzerland would be tough but Tunisia would be excellent. They're who I want to draw from pot 3 as we would be a good chance of getting a win. In the case of Senegal and Egypt they have Mane and Salah, both of who would cause our defence a number of problems. Who do Tunisia have?

Last time I did this, I ended up with Spain, Netherlands and Chile. That, unfortunately, turned out to be true. This time I landed Belgium, Switzerland and Tunisia. Could be a lot worse, Belgium and Switzerland would be tough but Tunisia would be excellent. They're who I want to draw from pot 3 as we would be a good chance of getting a win. In the case of Senegal and Egypt they have Mane and Salah, both of who would cause our defence a number of problems. Who do Tunisia have?

That would be cool. New opponents, Tunisia beatable, Switzerland could snag a draw, could end up finishing 2nd on goal difference like 2006.

My simulation also drew England and Iceland in the same group :D.

Also cool. Especially if Iceland beat them again. :D

2020 to 2028 will be an interesting time for England. If these kids winning everything come through the drought should be broken somewhere in that time

This team won't get past the group stages, better off selling our spot to the Italians.
I can't tell if this is a serious post or not but they can GAGF. They couldn't score in 180 minutes so why the hell should they deserve a spot? Besides, last time I checked, it's the World Cup, not the Euros.

"Congratulations on making the FIFA world cup. We however have a proposition for you. Since you're unlikely to go very far, would you be willing to sell your spot to Italy, the USA, or the Netherlands? We'll pay you and your football administration handsomely of course."

"Congratulations on making the FIFA world cup. We however have a proposition for you. Since you're unlikely to go very far, would you be willing to sell your spot to Italy, the USA, or the Netherlands? We'll pay you and your football administration handsomely of course."
Lowy: "Did you say pay?"

Back