Invasion Day activities on the 26th of Jan- Post yours here

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll host a BBQ for a few mates and their families, some of who are indigenous. Enough time has passed for us to not get too precious about it.

No.

This thread is about you going down to one of our cheat beaches.

We do feel sorry for you Werribee folk living on the shores of Lake Borrie.

Come down and enjoy the clean and sober wonders of the Bellerine Peninsular.

You might get lucky and see one of our Premiership stars out for a swim.
1674612873729.jpeg
Or maybe you will just run into this knob

I'll host a BBQ for a few mates and their families, some of who are indigenous. Enough time has passed for us to not get too precious about it.

I appreciate your viewpoint Dinners, but I fo feel a lot for our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters who do feel pain and hurt by this date (which from their perspective, seems like a celebration of the genocide and misappropriation of their people, land and culture)

We cannot move forward (totally) as a collective Nation and community, until we change the date of Oz Day, the flag and become a Republic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a political stich up from the Queen's mods.

Hate to break it to you buddy but

images

I appreciate your viewpoint Dinners, but I fo feel a lot for our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters who do feel pain and hurt by this date (which from their perspective, seems like a celebration of the genocide and misappropriation of their people, land and culture)

We cannot move forward (totally) as a collective Nation and community, until we change the date of Oz Day, the flag and become a Republic
WWho coined the term invasion day?

Was invasion day when Cook first arrived? Was it when the first fleet arrived on 20th January? Or was it 6 days later when the British flag was raised?

I really don't care what date it is as long as I can get together with my mates and have a piss up. My close group is of Irish, Indian, German, Australian and first nations descent.

I also want a Republic, a new flag, and now that Her Majesty has passed Charles can GAGF.

Stop crying because you did get enough bites from your invasion day thread. It backfired miserably and now you’re crying to mods. You realise how *en stupid you look don’t you?
It was a thread about holiday activities. In case you didn't notice, most people call it Invasion Day now. You need to talk to some people under 50 old timer.
The times are changing. The 26th is doomed because it divides the country. There will be mass protests tomorow and you still want to keep the same date.
The day should be for everyone, not just Queen rimming nutbags mate.

WWho coined the term invasion day?

Was invasion day when Cook first arrived? Was it when the first fleet arrived on 20th January? Or was it 6 days later when the British flag was raised?

I really don't care what date it is as long as I can get together with my mates and have a piss up. My close group is of Irish, Indian, German, Australian and first nations descent.

I also want a Republic, a new flag, and now that Her Majesty has passed Charles can GAGF.
The date is effed because it's an insult to Indigenous people , and they are more Australian than anyone because they've been here 60,000 years.
They deserve a bit of respect , just change it to any other day.

The date is effed because it's an insult to Indigenous people , and they are more Australian than anyone because they've been here 60,000 years.
They deserve a bit of respect , just change it to any other day.

Change it January 28, my birthday. Everyone wins:)

Change it January 28, my birthday. Everyone wins:)
How about the date of the first full moon of every year? Like that other made up thing when that guy got nailed to a tree just for being nice to people.

That way the date changes every year and no one gets offended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back