Resource Irish Sports Uniform Database

Remove this Banner Ad

denishurley

Debutant
Nov 6, 2010
Ireland
AFL Club
Essendon
...but I thought that my site might be of interest to some on this board.

Pride In The Jersey - it aims to one day be a comprehensive history of strips worn in Gaelic football and hurling, with an Inter Rules section too.

So far only a few counties have substantial galleries, but the hope is to increase this in the near future. Mero's site has been a big inspiration in getting this off the ground.

Re: Not technically 'footy jumpers'...

Looks nice mate. It doesn't fit across the page too well (my res is 1152x864), but otherwise you've done a good job. :thumbsu:

Good site that. I first visited it probably last year, don't know how I found it though.

A new article here that might be of interest to users on here given how emotive the clash jumper issue has proven to be

The GAA of 1960 sound as weak on the clash issue as the current AFL! What do they do with colour clashes these days?

The GAA of 1960 sound as weak on the clash issue as the current AFL! What do they do with colour clashes these days?

They're very inconsistent, for instance Kerry (green jerseys w/gold hoop) have met Mayo (green w/red hoop) in the All-Ireland final three times in the last 15 years - basically Essendon v Richmond only with green instead of black.

In 1997, Kerry wore jerseys with a fat hoop and Mayo had their normal ones, in 2004 Mayo wore red with green trim and in 2006 both counties had their regular kits.

Cork (red/white) v Armagh (orange/white) is another fixture where teams sometimes change and sometimes don't, in 2007 they didn't:

245282.jpg

Wow, I thought those guys were on the same side until I read your post :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great website :)

i always liked going to the pub on St Paddy's day and seeing all the gaelic jumpers!

When I went over to Ireland last year i managed to pick up a Derry top which looks great - mind you had a hard time trying to find one. You have no trouble down in the south finding Cork and Kerry tops but some of the other counties are a bit harder. The local Derry JJB was just full of EPL tops - you'd swear you were in England somewhere (well i spose Derry technically is in the UK...) there wasn't a single gaelic top in the place. Ended up gettin one in a menswear shop and asking the bloke behind the counter who said he had some laying around out the back:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back