Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dislike the moaners at my gym. I'm all for a bit of heavy breathing. But some of the moans are just really uncomfortable to be around.

Had a 16-17 year old kid sitting on one of the two lat pulldowns between his sets of whatever random ****in exercise he chose to do at that point in time (did barbell curls, then dropped the barbell, sat down for 5 minutes, got up, got dumbells, did lat raises, dropped the dumbbells, sat down, got up, got kettlebells, did lat raises). We only have two ******* lat pulldowns in the gym, you don't need to use one as a rest station

School holidays starting up where I am. Had some kids come in and do exactly the same thing today. One of them then did a pull up/triceps dip type manoeuvre on the cable machine and ended up on top of it nearly cracking his head on the beams above him. Looked like the little prick was climbing a jungle gym in the playground. "Worked out" for about 20 minutes and left. :rolleyes:

Yesterday, some mofo left a treadmill running. Who the * does that? I was checking out the hottie on the Cross trainer next to me as I stepped on, so obviously didn't see it running. Took me about 3 or 4 steps to catch my balance. Lucky I'm not a clutz or I would have lost my front teeth. :mad:

School holidays starting up where I am. Had some kids come in and do exactly the same thing today. One of them then did a pull up/triceps dip type manoeuvre on the cable machine and ended up on top of it nearly cracking his head on the beams above him. Looked like the little prick was climbing a jungle gym in the playground. "Worked out" for about 20 minutes and left. :rolleyes:

Yesterday, some mofo left a treadmill running. Who the **** does that? I was checking out the hottie on the Cross trainer next to me as I stepped on, so obviously didn't see it running. Took me about 3 or 4 steps to catch my balance. Lucky I'm not a clutz or I would have lost my front teeth. :mad:
The worst part about the treadmills here is some of them the tread slips. The gym doesn't maintain its equipment. Almost kills me when I do sprint sessions

What is the actual gym etiquette regarding doing weights right next to where Dumbbells and barbells placed?:huh:

Should you wait for a campaigner who is doing a set literally in front of the rack of Dumbbells before you grab a pair of Dumbbells or should the Campaigner step back when they see you need to get a pair of Dumbbells?

Shits me every time, I swear the steroids is giving me rage some days.:mad: :p

Thanks. Question is serious though.:$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha yes. Except half the time it's start running. Tread slips. Crack the shits. Complain about the machine. Find a new one. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

What is the actual gym etiquette regarding doing weights right next to where Dumbbells and barbells placed?:huh:

Should you wait for a campaigner who is doing a set literally in front of the rack of Dumbbells before you grab a pair of Dumbbells or should the Campaigner step back when they see you need to get a pair of Dumbbells?

Generally you just shouldn't be doing exercises that close to the rack. There's not a need

This gym is frustrating. It doesn't have towers to put plates back on. So you have to take them from right off pieces of equipment. With no idea if you should be taking the plates

campaigner should step back.

look i do various exercises in front of the racks. however i take a few steps back to ensure adequate room either side of me for other patrons to stroll by. it comes down to the individual. if the person is considerate and a good person he/she should make room for others

but but but treadmills are for running!!11!!!

:D
Huh? I know you're trying to give s**t to me, but it's not really working

I don't run for an hour, because my sprint session only goes for 40 minutes. If my session went longer I would

Plenty of people run/jog on them for 60-90 minutes at my gym

Huh? I know you're trying to give s**t to me, but it's not really working

I don't run for an hour, because my sprint session only goes for 40 minutes. If my session went longer I would

Plenty of people run/jog on them for 60-90 minutes at my gym

incorrect. not giving you s**t. fwiw i dont run on the treadmill. cause im a s**t runner. i walk as well. find it relaxing and a good work out simultaneously. ask me to walk 5 min outside in the open? nahhhhh. on a tready for 30min with a tv and headphones? hell yeah! breaks up a session too

incorrect. not giving you s**t. fwiw i dont run on the treadmill. cause im a s**t runner. i walk as well. find it relaxing and a good work out simultaneously. ask me to walk 5 min outside in the open? nahhhhh. on a tready for 30min with a tv and headphones? hell yeah! breaks up a session too
I walk on it because I can control the incline. I do it at between 10 and 15%. Hard to find a place to walk on that for an hour really
Same with my sprint sessions. I can control the incline and tempo without having to go searching for hills and flats

I didn't mean seriously giving s**t btw, just thought you were attempting banter but got confused with what I said lol

Generally you just shouldn't be doing exercises that close to the rack. There's not a need

This gym is frustrating. It doesn't have towers to put plates back on. So you have to take them from right off pieces of equipment. With no idea if you should be taking the plates

Thanks.

Rack is against the mirror.

I respect the need to use the mirror, but FFS if you need to be that close get a pair *ing glasses.

I can be upto 5m away and be very comfortable, some people need to be within 1-2m.

I walk on it because I can control the incline. I do it at between 10 and 15%. Hard to find a place to walk on that for an hour really
Same with my sprint sessions. I can control the incline and tempo without having to go searching for hills and flats

it's also easier on the knees and other joints. for me anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back